Mizuno T22 Wedges

20211012_181709.jpg20211012_181825.jpg

Closest to the MD5 of the bunch, BUT, deliciously

20211012_182301.jpg

it is a FULL 1/2" longer at stock. 😍

This was big feedback from Mizuno tour players. That half groove is not well liked.

A398F5BB-CF09-43D8-A6DE-E52BF53FCD9A.jpeg

This was big feedback from Mizuno tour players. That half groove is not well liked.

View attachment 9034634
Yeah, it's one of the overwhelming reasons I don't like them. That's a fresh custom, that will never get used. Screws up the whole look at the front edge. Thought I could deal with it, but no.

The T-22 are SO much what I look for in looks. Compact, nice straight front edge.

Yeah, it's one of the overwhelming reasons I don't like them. That's a fresh custom, that will never get used. Screws up the whole look at the front edge. Thought I could deal with it, but no.

The T-22 are SO much what I look for in looks. Compact, nice straight front edge.

Totally agree. The shape is pristine.

View attachment 9034634

Some more comparisons. Vs the Cleveland zip core and the es21 wedges. You can see on the bottom the copper is wearing away already. Not a big deal to me. I think it looks cool.

08F3CFA4-4242-4D7A-9CDB-36FD50DFEEB4.jpegB7F9D328-7BB2-4A6B-9323-EE18FC79130D.jpeg7CB162D0-7B09-4BFB-B81D-DC19642D45B3.jpeg

I’m going to break @Canadan when I show him what mine look like now…

Last edited:
We are a number of states away.

I'm okay with it.

You says this… but you don’t mean in.

Here.. just in case it’s contagious.

BD744960-F501-4578-ABB0-3A3809F3632B.jpeg

i am struggling with the grinds on this release. my 56 is my workhorse. i make a lot of full and partial swings with it. it's my exclusive greenside bunker club. and maybe 90% or more of the time it's the club i reach for around the greens to play the toe down chip, or the mid spin pitch, and everything in between. the 60 is sometimes a full or partial swing club, rarely but sometimes used for a higher lofted greenside pitch, but the only club i'll use for flops.

my thought was c grind in the 56 since i do play with face angle quite a bit and need versatility, and x grind for 60 since i'm generally laying it fairly open around the green. ...until i saw the bounce! 56c only has 6* of bounce, same for 60x. that scares the hell out of me, since i need forgiveness and bounce is forgiveness.

the highest bounce option is the s grind, but mizuno's site says the s grind is mostly for lower lofted clubs and full shots.

i'm considering pre-ordering today. any insight y'all have would be super helpful!

Better picture showing the copper sheen as seen in person after 2.5 months of play and practice. It's all about the light in photos.

IMG_0812.jpeg

i am struggling with the grinds on this release. my 56 is my workhorse. i make a lot of full and partial swings with it. it's my exclusive greenside bunker club. and maybe 90% or more of the time it's the club i reach for around the greens to play the toe down chip, or the mid spin pitch, and everything in between. the 60 is sometimes a full or partial swing club, rarely but sometimes used for a higher lofted greenside pitch, but the only club i'll use for flops.

my thought was c grind in the 56 since i do play with face angle quite a bit and need versatility, and x grind for 60 since i'm generally laying it fairly open around the green. ...until i saw the bounce! 56c only has 6* of bounce, same for 60x. that scares the hell out of me, since i need forgiveness and bounce is forgiveness.

the highest bounce option is the s grind, but mizuno's site says the s grind is mostly for lower lofted clubs and full shots.

i'm considering pre-ordering today. any insight y'all have would be super helpful!

These are not the lofts you play - but I've played 55-56 and 59-60 over the years. I find a 54-58 more versatile over the last 2 years.

In the T22, I use a 54-08 D Grind (think of a lower bounce M Grind). Because bounce is low enough and you've got heel/toe and trailing edge grind, I can open it up and it is versatile. You have enough width in the sole for the bunker. But the kicker may be the 58-08 C Grind - Bounce is sufficient and grind is better in terms of being more aggressive - put them together and you have a versatile 58 that you can open up and use around the greens because it's 58, and it's a go-to on short greenside bunker shots - 20 yrds or less. I open it up at will anytime. In the bunker, I will lay the shaft back at times in soft sand to make certain I'm using the bounce.

I could not go X-Grind with only 6 of bounce. I had a T20 in M grind with 6 of bounce and got accustomed to it on the range but did not take it to the course. I wanted more glide in the event of a mistake.

I am enjoying the setup above as well as the 50-07 S Grind. Artisan suggested it for me. The only thing Artisan has over this setup is the slight beveled front leading edge that hugs the ground more on the Artisan 54 and 58.

Last edited:
These wedges were designed with me in mind..... Mizuno asked for my input and they were like....

Do you like Copper finish wedges?
Do you like a silly gorgeous shape?
Do you like S400 tour issue stock shafts?
Do you like your wedges a little long?
Do you like a million grind options?
Do you like Z-Cord grips?

Ok, we'll make sure to cover those bases for you sir.

If it wasn't for the warm embrace of Hogan wedges in my future....these would be serious contenders for the bag.

These are not the lofts you play - but I've played 55-56 and 59-60 over the years. I find a 54-58 more versatile over the last 2 years.

In the T22, I use a 54-08 D Grind (think of a lower bounce M Grind). Because bounce is low enough and you've got heel/toe and trailing edge grind, I can open it up and it is versatile. You have enough width in the sole for the bunker. But the kicker may be the 58-08 C Grind - Bounce is sufficient and grind is better in terms of being more aggressive - put them together and you have a versatile 58 that you can open up and use around the greens because it's 58, and it's a go-to on short greenside bunker shots - 20 yrds or less. I open it up at will anytime. In the bunker, I will lay the shaft back at times in soft sand to make certain I'm using the bounce.

I could not go X-Grind with only 6 of bounce. I had a T20 in M grind with 6 of bounce and got accustomed to it on the range but did not take it to the course. I wanted more glide in the event of a mistake.

I am enjoying the setup above as well as the 50-07 S Grind. Artisan suggested it for me. The only thing Artisan has over this setup is the slight beveled front leading edge that hugs the ground more on the Artisan 54 and 58.

this is super insight, and exactly what i was looking for! so sounds like d grind in the 56 for a little versatility, c grind in the 60 for more versatility but still some help. thanks bud!

These wedges were designed with me in mind..... Mizuno asked for my input and they were like....

Do you like Copper finish wedges?
Do you like a silly gorgeous shape?
Do you like S400 tour issue stock shafts?
Do you like your wedges a little long?
Do you like a million grind options?
Do you like Z-Cord grips?

Ok, we'll make sure to cover those bases for you sir.

If it wasn't for the warm embrace of Hogan wedges in my future....these would be serious contenders for the bag.

as beautiful as the copper is, i think i'd go raw. i've never had a raw wedge before.

as beautiful as the copper is, i think i'd go raw. i've never had a raw wedge before.

The copper ones remind me of my old beloved Cleveland Copper Beryllium wedges. I LOVED those wedges!

Copper goes raw eventually. It just doesn't rust with the copper. I think of it as a soft raw wedge.

Oh, in the 56D and 60C - you've got 10 of bounce. If you go raw, you might have Ty or someone do a beveled leading edge to get it to hug the ground a bit more. It all depends on what you need for your swing. I come in fairly shallow and play in tight conditions.

This is why I chose the D grind in my 54. I normally play a 54/10S as my workhorse, and then a 58/8 C or M I can manipulate more. I don't do that any more than necessary, and less than most I think because of that. When I first got my hands on them I was a little confused by the listed grind options and what I got to see. In the past I've avoided a D grind from most because I find it to often have a little higher effective bounce for me (depending on brand/relief), and on full shots I can spin the everloving **** out of them and it's not always ideal. In their 54 the S was a lot of bounce for me, but their D at 8 has a good shape that can be manipulated some, and for it only being '8' the front edge sits off the floor a bit to my eye at vertical address. It looked right to me before I even saw what was on it, but we'll see how it goes over time. The 56 D 10 might be an option for you if you don't want 14 in the S.

Edit: looks like @Desmond had some similar thoughts and plays the 54/08D and 58/08C like I do

Last edited:
Back