These things are flat gorgeous. They had a mistake on the order tho and my 58 is a D Grind instead of a C grind. They were gonna replace it but I said not to worry about it because they didn’t have any coppers and who knows when it would arrive. I’m not good enough to worry about it anyway and it could work out better. 🤷‍♂️

Now if the weather would only cooperate so I can get out and try them.

View attachment 9059553
They really are beauties.

I played the T22 today. Tough approach conditions today with swirling winds but went 5 for 5 on par saves with them greenside including this chip in birdie on 7 (16). :D

Took the 54/08D and 58/08C with me because I couldn't see it from the parking area. Went with the 54.

Love the excitement on the chip in!!

I currently have the MIM's so we shall see. I don't see a whole lot of difference looking down at them other than the copper obviously. T22 may feel a little heavier which I don't hate.
I didn't see a lot of difference looking down on the SB and T22's either. Well except the full face grooves on 58. If I were to squint real hard the Cobras had a touch more offset. The spec sheet say 1mm offset for snakebite but there is not an offset number for T22 that I have found.

Love the excitement on the chip in!!
Oh I was pumped. I effing had it off the tee. Hit it exactly how I wanted, and the wind turned and I came up just short, so I was pissed. Felt real good to get that birdie I thought I had back. 😬

The denim copper are firmly on a very short list of wedges I have to try by mid April. If it isn't released by then, its not going in the bag.

First impressions. Man they look great behind the ball. For me, this is half the battle. When they look right, I feel like I can be very precise, hit any shot and just slide under the ball. These do all of that.

Totally different feel/sound from the Vokeys I’m used to. I’ve never been one of those guys that drool of the Mizuno feel, most clubs feel great to me at contact. Just something new to get used to but I like it.

I was pretty sure the 60x and 56d would be great fits. And they are. The x grind is probably my favorite so far. Love at first strike. I went with the 48s bent two weak to 50 and didn’t know how this one would go but so far I’m getting along with it great. We’ll see what happens when things get juicy.

Really happy so far.

After a few rounds and some range time, I’m noticing the T22’s are consistently longer than my Vokeys, especially on full shots. All three wedges. All specs are identical, except my SM8 SW is 55* and the T22 is 56.

This isn’t a good or a bad thing for me. Just something I’ll need to get used to. I rarely go after it with wedges, but seeing it with 3/4 and 1/2 shots as well. Maybe the grinds just fit me better.

The denim copper keeps calling my name. Need to find a place to test them.

Curious if anyone out these wedges up against competition head to head. I have some questions...

Do the improvements in T22 level the playing field? Usually Mizuno is not known for wedges does this change with T22?

What are most important specs/stats in wedges? Is spin everything assuming consistently hitting all.

Curious if anyone out these wedges up against competition head to head. I have some questions...

Do the improvements in T22 level the playing field? Usually Mizuno is not known for wedges does this change with T22?

What are most important specs/stats in wedges? Is spin everything assuming consistently hitting all.
I feel like the playing field is determined by someone's needs - we all have a different playing field. What's important goes along with that.

Their wedges have been good for a while, despite not being known for it. These are smaller than most, fairly straight across the front, and feel amazing. All the modern wedges I play spin pretty well, so that personally isn't a top concern of mine. These do spin quite a bit though. For me it's more how they are through the turf/grinds available, flight control, and versatility or how they fit in my set. Someone else might emphasize different things.

The grind options are a little different with these. Little all/nothing in a couple spots and feels a bit limited. The have a nicely blunt front edge imo, but some options are a little too low bounce for a lot of people. Wish there was some middle ground on a couple.

Last edited:
I feel like the playing field is determined by someone's needs - we all have a different playing field. What's important goes along with that.

Their wedges have been good for a while, despite not being known for it. These are smaller than most, fairly straight across the front, and feel amazing. All the modern wedges I play spin pretty well, so that personally isn't a top concern of mine. These do spin quite a bit though. For me it's more how they are through the turf/grinds available, flight control, and versatility or how they fit in my set. Someone else might emphasize different things.

The grind options are a little different with these. Little all/nothing in a couple spots and feels a bit limited. The have a nicely blunt front edge imo, but some options are a little too low bounce for a lot of people. Wish there was some middle ground on a couple.
Great info here appreciate it..

I like them - The Artisans are my #1 wedge set since they were fit to me. But these are close. I am a low bounce guy and have the S, D and C Grind in 50, 54, 58 respectively.

They are an improvement over the T20, which I played. Straighter leading edge, softer feel, better transition from hosel to head, similar (better) durability because of the 3% boron, and the grooves are shaped to ward off the effects of moisture. Only they and Ping ward off moisture to get more consistent spin in damp conditions.

I love the 58 C Grind, very similar to my Artisan, the 54 is slightly different through the turf. Artisan grinds the sole of the leading edge on the 54 and 58 to get it closer to the ground. The Mizuno is a versatile set and excellent out of the bunker. No issues. Get the right shaft for you.

The T22 are still out of the bag in favor of the Snakebites. The T22's feel better but the Snakebites are much easier to hit. I have the Nippon Modus 125 in the Snakebites and stock S400 in T22. The heel and hosel got more playing time in the T22's. Not sure why. Chipping with either one is about even but the pitches are easier with Snakebites. The only thing that keeps me wanting to put T22's back is that the Snakebites are hot.

The T22 are still out of the bag in favor of the Snakebites. The T22's feel better but the Snakebites are much easier to hit. I have the Nippon Modus 125 in the Snakebites and stock S400 in T22. The heel and hosel got more playing time in the T22's. Not sure why. Chipping with either one is about even but the pitches are easier with Snakebites. The only thing that keeps me wanting to put T22's back is that the Snakebites are hot.

heel and hosel - it's a small head, must return loft at impact. Hands forward and lag will engage hosel rockets on those partials.

heel and hosel - it's a small head, must return loft at impact. Hands forward and lag will engage hosel rockets on those partials.
Like I said snakebites are easier to hit for me right now. Why make the game hard.

Like I said snakebites are easier to hit for me right now. Why make the game hard.

I understand. Go easier.

I have 2 sets that are compact so I must adjust. No choice.

Typically, hosel rockets can occur when the hands are too far forward at impact, which shows up more on a partial or green side shot. You don't need lag on those shots, it's not a speed shot. I just remind myself to relax the arms more and return the loft at impact. Another symptom of hosel rockets is my lead arm separating from the body on the downswing. As one can tell, I am an expert on hosel rockets and their causes.:ROFLMAO::oops: Caused me much pain this summer.

Just reminds me to RELAX the arms and let go of the club head - release it.

Last edited:
I have T20s. The one thing I don’t like is the degree isn’t on the bottom so I have to rummage around my 4 wedges to find the right one. but other than that I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have T20s. The one thing I don’t like is the degree isn’t on the bottom so I have to rummage around my 4 wedges to find the right one. but other than that I love them.

Agreed

Nothing a couple inconspicuous dots from the sharpie that can't be easily seen from address and can be placed where they won't wear off after a few swings would fix that issue quickly.

Me, I carry 3 T22s right now (the 48/Gap) anyway, the 38 and PW are one side the 54 and 58 on the other, the 54 and 58 are different lengths how hard can it be?

I hate that this bothers me too. I mean it's no great bother, but it bugs me that I even have to think about it. I definitely spend more time trying to find and pull the right one with them, and check which one I have in my hands more often at the ball because of that. It's just an odd placement and I don't love it.

Just get a 14-way bag, every club has its home and you don't even have to look at the stamp! :p

OUCH! I feel for that club (my 56 snakebite got rock bitten in Vegas, so I get it)
It hasn't hurt the performance of it though, so that's nice. I keep expecting it to grab a rock and grind it through a cover or something, but it hasn't happened yet. I forget it's all jacked up now when I'm out there unless I see it.

Oh and yeah I played these today. Botched an into the grain 50* greenside a bit (all me) but made par, clipped a couple beauties on short approach and some good one on long approach. These aren't quite as easy to knock down as my MG3s, but I do like them. Especially greenside in short cuts.

Back