thanks to the victory cup with mizuno golf i was given my choice of t22 wedges to put into play at tpc sawgrass.

anyone who has followed my trials and tribulations around the greens, you know how much i struggle. i work hard, but it’s still not good enough. but if you can get me outside 70y, i’m usually pretty good with a full and partial swing wedge in my hands.

leading up to the event, i got fit for these wedges at club champion. because of my short game issues, i always assumed i needed maximum bounce. however, the fitter didn’t like the sound the high bounce option was giving on chips and pitches. so he switched in the mid bounce and everything improved.

my order was t22 raw 49 S, 55 D and 59 C. all with dg s300, and all with sexy mizuno blue ferrules!

my very first hole of the event at tpc stadium course, i had a 60y shot into #1 green with a severe false front and not a ton of room behind the green. i hit a tasty punch the took one small hop and grabbed within 4’ of the hole.

throughout the round i had chips, pitches and bunker shots that were all so good! i tested a lot of the face, and the results were better than my previous gamers (which i loved).

i had concerns about the t22 leading edge being too straight. nope, wasn’t an issue at all. i was also concerned about the lower bounce out of bunkers. uh uh, i hit bunker shots with all 3 wedges that came out so well.

the raw is already starting to patina a bit, which i welcome with open arms.

i can’t wait to be in this thread for ongoing feedback on these fantastic wedges.
Glad they are working well for you - and great playing in the Victory Cup!

Puttmaster v3.0 has the denim copper T22 in 50 54 58. Absolutely loves them, especially the 50.

I'll have more thoughts later, but the 56 is money for a sand idiot like me.

I'll have more thoughts later, but the 56 is money for a sand idiot like me.

my bunker play has been a big problem lately. i was concerned about playing the mid grind t22 out of the bunkers at sawgrass but the they performed beautifully. the wedges really are fantastic, and i love the odd number grinds. such a cool touch and a very thoughtful approach to ensuring people can fully dial in gapping throughout the bag.

I just got the Blue T22’s out to my home course for the first time this morning. Only played 9 but I have some thoughts.

First they are stunners. The blue really pops out on the course. It’s not a super durable finish though and anyone with these should expect the soles to be silver after their first few shots. I started getting the patina in the practice area at TPC.
535A03F7-4D18-4BB2-A8B4-B08BEECA4E94.jpeg

Now that vanity is out of the way let’s talk about performance. The three wedges I got are 50° (S grind) , 54° (C grind), 58° (X grind).

The 50° takes the place of a set gap wedge and the only 1 of the 3 I will full swing. A good swing with this wedge gives me a consistent 110y. I’m enjoying the ball flight so far as it’s a little lower than my old set wedge. I feel like I’ll have more control over it.

The 54° has HUGE shoes to fill as it’s replacing my Edel SMS. The Edel was my workhorse wedge this past year any shot inside 80y belonged to it. So far I’m getting a pretty low and penetrating ball flight with the 54°. It checks up nicely. I really need to figure out what the main role of this wedge will be. I also need more time with the C grind. I think it will be ok but for now the wedge feels awkward in my hands after so much time with the SMS.

The 58° and I are going to get along just fine. I’m really enjoying the X grind on this wedge. I hit a few shots with it today from around 40y that I thought were going to drop. It’s high ball flight and good checking power is going to be really fun to play with. I’m pretty excited about it for green-side chips. I think ‘Chip-able, in-able’ might become part of my vocabulary. 🤪

I’m going to try to put these wedges on a monitor sometime this week to get some numbers.

If anyone has any questions or things they’d like to see please let me know. I’m here to give you whatever information you need on these wedges.

This is my first time doing a longer form video like this. I'm trying to dial in these T22 wedges.
Let me know if there are other things you'd like me to discuss about these wedges in future range videos. I'm putting together some on course videos with just wedge shots and results too but that one isn't quite ready yet.

First up is dialing in the 50º T22.

Edit - 54º is coming up next. Taking a bit for YouTube to process.

Oh by the way. I mentioned it in the video but I'm using the new Mizuno TourX balls in these wedge tests. I hit probably close to 50 wedge shots today and not a single scuff/scrape on them. I couldn't say that about their previous balls. I think they are on to something with these new balls!

I definitely need more work on longer shots with the 58º. It's not a 'full swing' club but I'd like to get maybe 75% swings that can consistently go around 50y. It's great just off the green. Needs more dialing. I damn near shanked one :ROFLMAO:

I definitely need more work on longer shots with the 58º. It's not a 'full swing' club but I'd like to get maybe 75% swings that can consistently go around 50y. It's great just off the green. Needs more dialing. I damn near shanked one :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for all the video. The blue looks really good

20220924_072024.jpg
Here is a pic of the wear on my 57.

After a few rounds with the T22's (49,54, and 58 - all in Denim Copper)

First off - I think the Denim Copper is just completely beautiful. I like the look much better than the others. But that's just me. I love how it's wearing and getting a fading look to the areas that impact the ground and ball. Just a cool look to me.

Performance-wise - they all perform great. I don't hit many wedges at 100% because sir-shanks-a-lot tends to show up. So it's about a 75-80% swing. the 49 is great all over the course. From short spinny approaches to the 120-yard shots - it just works. Spin is right where I want it... hit and stop or roll out a little (when I it right) and the feel is what you'd expect from a Mizuno. 54 - I use in the sand and around the fringe for pitches and chips. Easy swings out of the sand causing confidence that I'll get out and relatively close to the sand. I am still getting used to the bounce on this but overall it's pretty good. The 58 at an x-grind is a bunch of fun. I use it a lot for the 40-50 yard pitches or the bare/tight lies. Also used it out of the sand and I think it's performed well - A bit different though with the 4-degree bounce - but overall well on short-sided sand shots.

As I stated - they are all performing great and are definitely going to be staying in the bag for a long while.

i had my first round back home with my raw t22 mid-bounce 49, 55 and 59 yesterday. i'm coming off a wedge set i've been gaming since december 2019 (replaced once for fresh grooves), with which i have a ton of familiarity. but, there's a story there. and it's a long one, with many exasperated ramblings captured in one LONG time-suck of a thread here. the tl;dr is that my short game has been a hot mess for a long time. i've worked really hard with both practice and lessons, but it just is not good.

participants in the victory cup with mizuno were able to choose a set of t22 wedges built to their specs. i had booked a fitting at club champion in advance of the event. i believe i recapped my fitting results earlier in this thread, but the tl;dr is that mid-bounce was the best for me. as someone with short game issues, that kinda worried me, but i went with it.

during the victory cup rounds at tpc sawgrass stadium and valley courses, the t22 wedges were incredible. i only flubbed one chip, but had some pretty tough shots in different spots and the wedges far exceeded my expectations. yesterday was my first round back on a course i'm familiar with. i'm working on some full swing stuff, so that part of performance while still mostly very good was not as dialed in as i usually am. but chips and pitches were fantastic again. no i didn't get up and down every time with a wedge in my hand, but to not have any of the flubs or bladed shots makes me so happy!

when you lack short game confidence, you can't add any negative variables into an already flawed equation. i've had wedges in the past that didn't fit my eye, and the results were compoundingly terrible. the look of the t22 at address is so freaking good. the shape is excellent, and while i had concerns about the leading edge when i first saw the t22 in stores, it hasn't been an issue at all. whatever didn't fit my eye in the store was just an anomaly, because i can open these wedges at address and they look perfect to me.

the new swing stuff is going to click very soon, and the full and partial swings will be just as good if not better than before. i cannot recommend the t22 wedges enough. i'm so happy with them!

these freaking wedges are FIRE. mid bounce out of the bunker is stupid good. chips came off beautifully but they’re grabbing so quickly i need to start flying them farther. highlight for me was a par 4. i wiped a drive right into a tough lie. topped a 7i. hit a 3/4 49* from 110 into a breeze that hit a foot from the hole and spun back a few inches for an easy tap-in par.

they’re just fan freaking tastic performers. and the raw are getting a super sexy patina going.

Just placed the order for the Blue t22s with the tour issue s400 shaft in 50, 54, and 58. I've had them in the cart multiple times over the past two weeks deliberating on pulling the trigger, and finally talked myself into it. lol

Have been gaming the CBX2 wedges, but recently picked up a set of Mizuno 223 irons, and got a new Mizuno tour bag. So decided I might as well go ahead and get the wedges to match.

i'm kinda scratching my head about these t22 mid-bounce wedges, and wondering if i'm finally making better passes at the ball in my short game, or if the mid bounce is what has been missing in my life. the range was closed this morning, but they let me chip. the ground was pretty wet and soft, but contact was really good pretty much the whole time. the bounce and grind is so versatile for the shots i try to hit, and i never feel like it's working against me. i'm thrilled with these wedges!

I am sooooo torn relative to the blue wedges. I have them in denim copper (3 of them), and I have then in chrome (as I like the continuity appearance wise between the irons and wedges), but the BLUE just look so good.

Strictly from curiosity - have any members had both the copper and the blue? I wonder how they wear compared to each other.

I am sooooo torn relative to the blue wedges. I have them in denim copper (3 of them), and I have then in chrome (as I like the continuity appearance wise between the irons and wedges), but the BLUE just look so good.

Strictly from curiosity - have any members had both the copper and the blue? I wonder how they wear compared to each other.
I have had both, imo the more they wear the better they look. I still have the copper and had the S18 in blue. BUT....My new T22 blue 54 & 58 will be here in a couple hours. I feel the copper finish wears faster

Thanks look forward to your head to head with T22 opinion(s).

Since it looks like my season is likely over here in snowy Michigan I figured it’s a good time to put together my thoughts on these after playing them for the last 2 months thanks to the Victory Cup. I have the 50 and 54 in the S grind and the 58 in the D grind. All in chrome with DG S300 shafts. A few pics

F979CCF8-6BF7-4E27-BE73-0561B61411CA.jpeg
The 54 at address

20A32BEF-A428-461B-B72A-E13EA3D2D356.jpeg

Since it looks like my season is likely over here in snowy Michigan I figured it’s a good time to put together my thoughts on these after playing them for the last 2 months thanks to the Victory Cup. I have the 50 and 54 in the S grind and the 58 in the D grind. All in chrome with DG S300 shafts. A few pics

View attachment 9135956
The 54 at address

View attachment 9135957

From a looks perspective, I am a big fan. They are slightly smaller at address than a lot of wedges, so if you are someone who likes a big footprint, these may not be for you. They look great in the bag, and the chrome has held up pretty well so far with wear considering the conditions I play in, and the fact that these are forged. They have a few dings as you would expect but nothing too bad.

The feel: It is clickier than I would have thought for a forged Mizuno head. It feels a little firm off the face. Since this is an honest review, it is not my favorite sound/feel. It's not bad, but its not what most people would associate with Mizuno feel in my opinion.

Performance: I have had an up and down performance with them so far. They have performed very well on full swings for me. They have a nice penetrating flight with a ton of spin. I would not say they are the most forgiving wedges out there, more of a players style in terms of forgiveness for sure. In the short game area, its been more of a mixed bag. They feel heavy to me and that has taken some getting used to. If I drop a few balls and hit a few shots in a row I adjust to it and start hitting them well. When I'm on the course and just pull them to hit a shot, the weighting is still not completely comfortable. From tight lies they have been awesome. They can absolutely nip them right off the grass. These things spin a ton too. Combined with the new Mizuno Tour RX ball, they check like crazy which is a ton of fun. Obviously they have very new grooves which plays a role, but its also in the design.

One spot where I have had issues with the 54 and 58 is from heavy sand. They perform great in thin, nice sand that you get at higher end courses. At some of the public tracks I have to play, with the heavy almost beach sand, I have struggled with them. I would think they would have enough bounce since they both have 12 degrees, but if I come in steep at all, it has not been good. Its something I am going to keep an eye on and try to get figured out.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Ok - This is going to a total Skim Job however I have 3 Mizuno Wedge Questions for those that went to the Mizuno Victory Cup.
1. I "Assume" a wedge is coming in 2023 with the last 923 irons to be released.
2. I also "Assume" that wedge is the "S" series
3. What is the difference between "S" and the "T" wedges.

Back