mjkladis’s 2021 Journey for Speed

Whatever you do to increase speed just make sure your spine can cope with it . These articles I just found are a bit scary but to be honest I know from experience that the 'modern day' golf swing is bad for my back.

'X-factor' golf swing linked to back pain - BBC News

Golf: a contact sport. Repetitive traumatic discopathy may be the driver of early lumbar degeneration in modern-era golfers in: Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine Volume 31 Issue 6 (2019) (thejns.org)

I really don’t believe in the X-Factor way of swinging. Our bodies don’t coil like a spring, our muscles fire and the back swing is there to help accelerate to hit the ball.

Wooo!! It’s been a while since I’ve updated this thread! My bad!! February has been a busy month but I’ve still been working with True Motion Golf and the changes have been good!! I’ve been slowly working my way through the prescribed training and I’m seeing the errors of my old swing and it just excites me even more to see all the progress I’ve made lately!!

Soon enough, I’ll have this full swing worked out and I have a really good feeling that speed I was wanting will end up being available.

Wooo!! It’s been a while since I’ve updated this thread! My bad!! February has been a busy month but I’ve still been working with True Motion Golf and the changes have been good!! I’ve been slowly working my way through the prescribed training and I’m seeing the errors of my old swing and it just excites me even more to see all the progress I’ve made lately!!

Soon enough, I’ll have this full swing worked out and I have a really good feeling that speed I was wanting will end up being available.

Mike is coming along nicely and his SetUp and Pivot back are world class right now. He’s on his way toa great motion pattern.

Sounds great and the best of luck> I am going through some swing changes first with a coach to get a more consitent inside/out swing and proper weight transfer then speed.

It’s crazy what happens when you put your nose to the grind stone and just get to work! @TrueMotionMatt and Tim have been awesome and if you haven’t read the latest article about True Motion on the THP homepage, I highly suggest you check it out ASAP.

Here’s a progress picture of my backswing at the moment. I’m still working without a club but in all honestly, it’s been hard to go out and hit. I plan on building up a spot in my backyard for just that so I can get out there and swing more often.

695C78D8-100A-47DC-B6BB-44BD3A341851.jpeg

It might look like a simple addition of some side bend but this was a natural turn for me to do now. CRAZY different.

I really don’t believe in the X-Factor way of swinging. Our bodies don’t coil like a spring, our muscles fire and the back swing is there to help accelerate to hit the ball.
It turns out the X-Factor has fallen out of favor. For one thing, it puts a tremendous strain on one's back. I think a full turn with the hips is not only better for generating power, but easier on the back too.

It’s crazy what happens when you put your nose to the grind stone and just get to work! @TrueMotionMatt and Tim have been awesome and if you haven’t read the latest article about True Motion on the THP homepage, I highly suggest you check it out ASAP.

Here’s a progress picture of my backswing at the moment. I’m still working without a club but in all honestly, it’s been hard to go out and hit. I plan on building up a spot in my backyard for just that so I can get out there and swing more often.

View attachment 8999106

It might look like a simple addition of some side bend but this was a natural turn for me to do now. CRAZY different.
Mike's Pivot Back is World Class💪...HUGE Turn, Steep Shoulder Plane, Right Leg Extension, He's Centered, Balanced, and has not Swayed Left or Right at all.

Everyone should give mike a big ole 👍 for all the hard work he's done to get here without hitting golf balls; There's no way he could have made these dramatic changes in this short a time by pounding range balls, nope, not gonna happen.

That's how we roll, and that's how YOU get better. 💪

👊Mike

Mike's Pivot Back is World Class💪...HUGE Turn, Steep Shoulder Plane, Right Leg Extension, He's Centered, Balanced, and has not Swayed Left or Right at all.

Everyone should give mike a big ole 👍 for all the hard work he's done to get here without hitting golf balls; There's no way he could have made these dramatic changes in this short a time by pounding range balls, nope, not gonna happen.

That's how we roll, and that's how YOU get better. 💪

👊Mike

Thanks, Matt!

It’s also amazing how these moves are now ingrained with the reps. I was shocked at the amount I could turn when I finally did it correctly.

Attaboy Mike! Keep grinding man. That turn looks awesome!

So this past weekend I went out and played 18 holes just to scratch my golfing itch. This was my first round of the year and first time I’ve tried my first few changes on the course.

I definitely knocked off some rust and saw some great things from my new moves. I didn’t duff or thin a single fairway wood which was VERY impressive for me. I haven’t hit a clean FW shot since probably the 2018 Morgan Cup 😅. My short game felt great as well!

I need to continue working on my driver (lots of lower strikes) and my irons might need their lie angles flattened.

As for the speed aspect, my swing felt faster and some of well-struck drives were dead straight bombers (relative to my game). I’ll have to get on Trackman in the near future.

I still have much more to work on with True Motion but it was cool to see some striking improvements on the course.

Wow!! I haven't posted on here since March! Sheesh!!!

Well, my time has been taken over by other things lately so training has been absent for a while now.
I've moved to a new home in October and that was my last round of golf and basically the last time I touched a golf club.
I plan on making my own outdoor hitting area very soon and getting back to training in 2022 including going back to TrueMotion Golf.
I thoroughly enjoyed my progress with Matt and Tim but life got in the way so quickly.

I'm not sure how much faster I got this year but my swing feels so much better and I've stopped having lower back pain as well.
Progress!! Not where I wanted to be around this time but it's something!

Back