MLA Tour Classic Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
MLA Tour Classic Putter Review

Seen these putters in the interweb here and there. Nice write up James. The alignment “C” as you mentioned is quite different but could see how it works. What were your thoughts on that grip? Interesting stock offering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen these putters in the interweb here and there. Nice write up James. The alignment “C” as you mentioned is quite different but could see how it works. What were your thoughts on that grip? Interesting stock offering

Thanks for reading X. Shame the looks drive so many away from this one because imo there story is solid, and the performance was noticeable for me.

The grip is interesting, the article was getting a little long so I didn’t really get into it. Extremely deep in the hand which I kind of like. When I get home I’ll hit on it in here and that thread some.

Thanks for reading X. Shame the looks drive so many away from this one because imo there story is solid, and the performance was noticeable for me.

The grip is interesting, the article was getting a little long so I didn’t really get into it. Extremely deep in the hand which I kind of like. When I get home I’ll hit on it in here and that thread some.

Cool! interested to hear your thoughts. I’m very very intrigued by the grip. The other thing is does the face feel like the old RIFE putters ? It looks like a similar face design

Cool! interested to hear your thoughts. I’m very very intrigued by the grip. The other thing is does the face feel like the old RIFE putters ? It looks like a similar face design

It’s not as aggressive as the Rife grooves, not does it have as dense of a feeling at impact

As I wait on a couple custom putters to arrive, I’m taking this one out for my rounds today, time to bump a review and put the untraditional looks back to the test.

I actually like the look of the putter at address. That large aid seems to really line up the ball, then you want the aid to almost cup the ball, so to speak.

Really interesting science behind this. I still think I'd want a dot or line to mark the middle, but maybe that messes with the rest of the aid's effectiveness?

Yikes it would definitely take me a while to get over the look of this one. Having moved from a 2-Ball to Triple Track, I’m not sure this would be the alignment aid that suits my eye.

Yikes it would definitely take me a while to get over the look of this one. Having moved from a 2-Ball to Triple Track, I’m not sure this would be the alignment aid that suits my eye.
Funny how we each view aids differently. I feel like the 2 ball is a bit distracting. I like the triple track on most mallet designs though, and think it would be great paired with the TT ball.

I actually rolled this well today. All over the hole most of the round, it was the untimely quad that cost me, not the putter. :ROFLMAO:

Could you roll one?

93299A36-5DEB-4015-8111-9A8DA64EE0B7.jpeg

I actually rolled this well today. All over the hole most of the round, it was the untimely quad that cost me, not the putter. :ROFLMAO:

Could you roll one?

View attachment 8956582

no i could not but ill try the ball
*edit. however, i am kind of wondering about the grip it has, no go on the putter head though..

no i could not but ill try the ball
*edit. however, i am kind of wondering about the grip it has, no go on the putter head though..
Well, here’s hoping someone will be willing to give it a go. ;)

Could you roll one?

View attachment 8956582
I found myself struggling to trust my alignment with the 2-Ball hence the switch to the TT Ten. I actually like the look at setup, but I don’t think I could trust my line with confidence.

Some alignment aids are fun to switch to. A shape like that makes me feel as though the putter is kind of "cupping" the ball.
Had a feeling that way with a TM Spider that had that basketball court on top. I guess this would be in the more "spatial" aiming category much like the two balls than more linear. Men are supposed to be more linear, and women more spatial (just the messenger here) so I always thought it interesting how popular the Two Ball was on the LPGA.

This reminds me a lot of those two-tone white/black models from Odyssey a few years ago.

Could you roll one?

View attachment 8956582
I would give it a go. I like the alignment aid better than I did before, based on your picture. Been interested in a double wide too, si this is actually an intriguing putter.

It looks ok. I struggle with the price a touch. Just does not scream premium to me.

Could you roll one?

View attachment 8956582
How was the feel today off the face? Better, worse, or the same as you remember? Any comparison to the Hogan Milled that you had last year?

Last edited:
I found myself struggling to trust my alignment with the 2-Ball hence the switch to the TT Ten. I actually like the look at setup, but I don’t think I could trust my line with confidence.
Shoot me a PM with your addy (y);)

Shoot me a PM with your addy (y);)
I’d love to test it out, but I have enough troubles with the one putter I’m currently battling 😆

Could you roll one?

View attachment 8956582
"Cradling" the ball actually looks natural/repeatable. I never have an issue playing something (either brand or style) that helps my game.

Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on this putter.

"Cradling" the ball actually looks natural/repeatable. I never have an issue playing something (either brand or style) that helps my game.

Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on this putter.
What I say yesterday definitely stays in line with what I wrote in the review linked in the OP. It’s different, but visually it just works alignment wise, and quality definitely isn’t an issue. It’s all about looks.

Well, if that’s how you feel...
You know what, it’s Friday, I’ve only rolled 2 putters in the last decade, and I just watched highlights of a bunch of long putts fall from yesterday’s first round. I’m ready to see what the hype is about if the offer is still on the table.

You know what, it’s Friday, I’ve only rolled 2 putters in the last decade, and I just watched highlights of a bunch of long putts fall from yesterday’s first round. I’m ready to see what the hype is about if the offer is still on the table.
Haha! That’s my guy! Shoot over the ole address, I’ll get it out! I can’t wait for your thoughts!

Back