MLB 2012 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this season is not going to be pretty for the Mets. I hope Johan wins the Cy Young though.

Braves take the NL East in '12, ya heard it here first. Phils line-up will not be the same w/o the consummate pro Ibanez, and while their starting pitching might overmatch Atlanta a little, their pen is a shambles compared to the Braves. Braves are so much better w/o Gonzalez and McLouth and Lowe, who all stunk in the tomahawk uni.

Braves take the NL East in '12, ya heard it here first. Phils line-up will not be the same w/o the consummate pro Ibanez, and while their starting pitching might overmatch Atlanta a little, their pen is a shambles compared to the Braves. Braves are so much better w/o Gonzalez and McLouth and Lowe, who all stunk in the tomahawk uni.

Are you serious? Ibanez was done two years ago. Our starting pitchers are beasts and are going to go HAM on the NL this year. Our pen is in shambles? We just let go of Lidge and signed Papelbon! How is that shambles?

Don't sleep on the Marlins. They'll be pretty darn good too.

I like the way you think!
Are you serious? Ibanez was done two years ago. Our starting pitchers are beasts and are going to go HAM on the NL this year. Our pen is in shambles? We just let go of Lidge and signed Papelbon! How is that shambles?
Blah, blah, blah, Phillies are great...:bulgy-eyes:

Being a dedicated Toronto fan in both Hockey and Baseball, I am eternally hopeful but also realistic. I'm expecting a .500+ season, hoping for 3rd in the division, and pie in the sky hoping to steal a playoff spot. And REALLY REALLY hoping the sox and yanks implode and finish dead last and second last in the league. If the Jays can get a few bounce back seasons, we do have a chance but we need a lot to fall our way.

Being a dedicated Toronto fan in both Hockey and Baseball, I am eternally hopeful but also realistic. I'm expecting a .500+ season, hoping for 3rd in the division, and pie in the sky hoping to steal a playoff spot. And REALLY REALLY hoping the sox and yanks implode and finish dead last and second last in the league. If the Jays can get a few bounce back seasons, we do have a chance but we need a lot to fall our way.

I'm with you for the Jays too...Obviously. But am with the Habs on the ice. Looking forward to see how the Jays do this season though. Will most likely catch a couple games at the dome too.

Live near Ottawa now so am lucky to get to 1 game a year. But in town for a wedding in early June, so hoping to find somebody with a membership to a course so I can play a round, get to a jays game (Red Sox in town 1st weekend in June), and enjoy myself at an open bar wedding all in the span of 2 days.

Looks like Figgins leading off for the Mariners, with Ichiro batting in the 3 hole. Be interesting to see if Ichiro moves away from the swinging bunt and swings away more.

I like the way you think!

Blah, blah, blah, Phillies are great...:bulgy-eyes:

WE, don't be mad cause the Miami Marlins are going to finish 37.5 games back again this year! Same team, different empty stadium!

You mean the Mess...er Mets?

I actually think the Marlins finish 3rd and maybe as high as 2nd...interchangeable with Atlanta

WE, don't be mad cause the Miami Marlins are going to finish 37.5 games back again this year! Same team, different empty stadium!

You mean the Mess...er Mets?

I actually think the Marlins finish 3rd and maybe as high as 2nd...interchangeable with Atlanta
The division is weak though. The Muts and Marlins have had a lot of bad seasons lately. Add the Phillies of the South(Nationals) and its not a tough division by any means! We'll see though

funny....I think the divison will be tougher than people think.

The division is weak though. The Muts and Marlins have had a lot of bad seasons lately. Add the Phillies of the South(Nationals) and its not a tough division by any means! We'll see though

I wont be mad at all, and I hope they do, especially since I am a Braves fan.

I wont be mad at all, and I hope they do, especially since I am a Braves fan.

Saw you were from Florida thought that meant Marlins. Good for you though. Should be a good year for the Braves. We'll have to see how it plays out. Long season!

I think too many people are discounting the Marlins. They have a legit ace, some decent pitching behind him, and a pretty good lineup. I think they beat out the Braves this year. Maybe the Phillies. But no way they can beat the Mets.

It could be but I'm not really worried about it that much. Pitching will get us where we need to be come late September!

Just like it did this past September right?

My Mets are gonna "Suck for Luck" this year and hope he is the next Joe Mauer!! Seriously, I'll think this season is a HUGE success if we can somehow get 3rd in the NL East. Phils, Braves, Marlins are all gonna be good this year. Nationals are prob a better team this year too.

The only thing worse than being a Mets fan, is the fact that my wife is a Phillies fan and I can no longer hate on them out loud in my own house

Hey, remember the Mets last year? Everyone thought they were going to be AWFUL and they even hovered around .500 towards the middle-end of the season. Add Johan back in, and they could outperform expectations again.

Just like it did this past September right?

My Mets are gonna "Suck for Luck" this year and hope he is the next Joe Mauer!! Seriously, I'll think this season is a HUGE success if we can somehow get 3rd in the NL East. Phils, Braves, Marlins are all gonna be good this year. Nationals are prob a better team this year too.

The only thing worse than being a Mets fan, is the fact that my wife is a Phillies fan and I can no longer hate on them out loud in my own house

Pitching didn't let us down. Our hitting did. To the best if my knowledge the Cardinals didn't blow us out in any game. We didn't produce runs. It's our post seasons crutch. 3 one run games. And we did blow them out in game 1. Pitching was not our problem!

Playoff Series
St. Louis won 3-2 (as of Wed 10/5)
Sat 10/1 @PHI 11, STL 6 Recap
Sun 10/2 STL 5, @PHI 4 Recap
Tue 10/4 PHI 3, @STL 2 Recap
Wed 10/5 @STL 5, PHI 3 Box Score
Fri 10/7 STL 1, @PHI 0

funny....I think the divison will be tougher than people think.

I'm with you. I think the NL East will be tougher this year. Nationals and Marlins surely got better(on paper). The Mets get Johan back, but I think they will be the cellar dwellers this year.

Just when I thought I was over that series....here comes gianna with the pain. bad Gianna! Although that 1-0 Game 5 was the best baseball game I've ever been to where the Phils lost

Pitching didn't let us down. Our hitting did. To the best if my knowledge the Cardinals didn't blow us out in any game. We didn't produce runs. It's our post seasons crutch. 3 one run games. And we did blow them out in game 1. Pitching was not our problem!

Playoff Series
St. Louis won 3-2 (as of Wed 10/5)
Sat 10/1 @PHI 11, STL 6 Recap
Sun 10/2 STL 5, @PHI 4 Recap
Tue 10/4 PHI 3, @STL 2 Recap
Wed 10/5 @STL 5, PHI 3 Box Score
Fri 10/7 STL 1, @PHI 0

Just when I thought I was over that series....here comes gianna with the pain. bad Gianna! Although that 1-0 Game 5 was the best baseball game I've ever been to where the Phils lost

that was one hell of game

Had to make a point Hanks. I was beside myself that night. Probably the best game I have ever watched. Ddec is right!

Had to make a point Hanks. I was beside myself that night. Probably the best game I have ever watched. Ddec is right!

what you said about the Phils in the Cards series can be said for the Yankees in the Tigers series. Pitching was fine, hitting and getting timely hits, not so much. I know some people can't stand baseball, but I love it. Have since I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back