MLB 2012 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbors and I always have fun ribbing each other on how our "favorite" teams are doing. One is a Braves guy, the second is a Yanks fan, and I am technically a Boston fan but only to give my neighbor, the yank, a hard time!!! It's funny when the year started all were doing bad and now the Red Sox are the only one's that haven't bounced back. Oh well it's all in good fun.

My neighbors and I always have fun ribbing each other on how our "favorite" teams are doing. One is a Braves guy, the second is a Yanks fan, and I am technically a Boston fan but only to give my neighbor, the yank, a hard time!!! It's funny when the year started all were doing bad and now the Red Sox are the only one's that haven't bounced back. Oh well it's all in good fun.

Wide array of fandom out there in Nebraska. Just curious, how are you "technically" a Sox fan?

Wide array of fandom out there in Nebraska. Just curious, how are you "technically" a Sox fan?

I am from the old Garciapara days, but don't really pull for any one team anymore, but I love giving my Yankee neighbor a hard time.

Guess who's losing 4-1 in the 7th inning.

Jose Reyes was 0-4 in his team's loss to the Mets. Woo!

Guess who's losing 4-1 in the 7th inning.

Who are the Kansas City Royals?

Price threw a gem today, I hate I only got to watch the first 3 innings.

And Kansas City loses their twelfth in a row.

Only 12 more to tie the all time record (or 14 more, depending on if you count more than the A.L. and N.L.).

(Copy and paste from my previous post, updating the loss totals, games remaining to the record and removing the abysmal home record since they are back to losing on the road again.)

Well that was stupid. Why take out Darvish now? Either take him out before the 9th or leave him in for the rest of the game (unless he gives up more hits/walks). But after one single? Really? Lame.

Well that was stupid. Why take out Darvish now? Either take him out before the 9th or leave him in for the rest of the game (unless he gives up more hits/walks). But after one single? Really? Lame.

This early in his rookie season, they most likely will be very careful pitch count wise.

See that? One pitch! That's all it took. Ron Washington, wtc? But I guess Nathan gets the save.

I guess I'll have to believe the Darvish hype now.

This early in his rookie season, they most likely will be very careful pitch count wise.

But that's why I'd take him out before the 9th. I just think it's odd decision-making. And although he's an MLB rookie, it's not like he hasn't pitched before. He's played in Japan.

Somehow the Pirates are 7-9.

It'd be nice if that solid pitching could get some offensive support more than once every ten games.

Somehow the Pirates are 7-9.

It'd be nice if that solid pitching could get some offensive support more than once every ten games.

Weren't they .500 into like June last year? I remember some sort of miracle like that. Lol

You see that quite a bit when a manager will ask his guy if he's still good for another inning. They'll almost always give their guy a chance to get a CG, but usually it's a VERY short leash. Not uncommon at all to see.

Weren't they .500 into like June last year? I remember some sort of miracle like that. Lol

Dude they were above .500 and leading the division at the end of July. And then one single god awful umpire named Jerry Meals ruined it ALL. I hate that man.

They have talent. They actually have an excellent bullpen. Solid pitching staff. And the worst offensive lineup in the league.

Dude they were above .500 and leading the division at the end of July. And then one single god awful umpire named Jerry Meals ruined it ALL. I hate that man.

They have talent. They actually have an excellent bullpen. Solid pitching staff. And the worst offensive lineup in the league.

I'm thinking you just described the Mets.

Coming into tonight's game..the Bucco's had 30 runs in 15 games.

Hahaha. Don't worry dude, the Mets suck too. Even though they are somehow 9-8 (I think).

Kmac I was pretty impressed with Darvish last night. The Yanks had some chances on him early in the game and couldn't capitalize. Found it odd that he pretty much threw from the stretch all game whether there were runners on or not. I guess he started doing that in the middle of his last start or 2. His stuff looked pretty darn good to me. I know it's early, but I'd take him over CJ Wilson. Look out for this Rangers team. Probably the best in the AL and perhaps MLB. Starting rotation right now is deep with power arms, and the bullpen isn't anything to overlook either. And tell me, where is there an easy out in that lineup? #impressed

If I remember right, his pitch count was over 110 going into that inning so needless to say his leash was going to be short. 2 run game and all it would take is a HR to knot it up at 2-2. Once the single was hit, he was gone. And why? Well, when you have one of the best bullpens in the league, it's easy to make that decision. No brainer. It's the Yanks, 3rd best run scoring team in the league. Go get that fresh arm from your bullpen.

I think this makes the 2nd straight game where his pitch count has been over 110 pitches. I heard them say last night that those pitch counts are nothing because he was well above that when he pitched in Japan. What he was throwing last night was sick. His breaking ball must break a good 4 feet. He gets out of a bases loaded no outs situation early on. It's still early, but a 25 year old Darvish is looking good so far.

Kmac I was pretty impressed with Darvish last night. The Yanks had some chances on him early in the game and couldn't capitalize. Found it odd that he pretty much threw from the stretch all game whether there were runners on or not. I guess he started doing that in the middle of his last start or 2. His stuff looked pretty darn good to me. I know it's early, but I'd take him over CJ Wilson. Look out for this Rangers team. Probably the best in the AL and perhaps MLB. Starting rotation right now is deep with power arms, and the bullpen isn't anything to overlook either. And tell me, where is there an easy out in that lineup? #impressed

I was going to ask you how he looked. Dude I agree about the Rangers too. They look really really good. And if the pitching gets better as the season goes on and the bullpen doesnt fall apart, watch out.

I was going to ask you how he looked. Dude I agree about the Rangers too. They look really really good. And if the pitching gets better as the season goes on and the bullpen doesnt fall apart, watch out.

I think the only thing that could derail them is injuries. They are solid from top to bottom. Granted we are less than a month in to the season, but still they are impressive.

And another 0-4 night for Pujols. Someone might want to tell him that it's not preseason anymore..............

The batter at the plate is the tying run is why. Against a team like the Yankees or any good hitting team you just can't take a chance that he gives up a big hit or puts another guy on base that could cost you the game. Wash going with Darvish in the ninth period is questionable in my opinion.

The batter at the plate is the tying run is why. Against a team like the Yankees or any good hitting team you just can't take a chance that he gives up a big hit or puts another guy on base that could cost you the game. Wash going with Darvish in the ninth period is questionable in my opinion.
Have no problem sending him out because of the 2 run lead and letting him try and finish it. I think he was over 10 K's at that point but Wash was looking for a 1, 2, 3 inning. If he put someone on base then it was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back