MLB 2012 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cubs suck !! Cubs suck !!

Albert finally hit his 1st HR last night to go with his sporting .196 average. Luck would have it as the Rangers continue their funk last night and their lead closes to 3.5 in the West. Should be a fun summer!

Albert finally hit his 1st HR last night to go with his sporting .196 average. Luck would have it as the Rangers continue their funk last night and their lead closes to 3.5 in the West. Should be a fun summer!

I loved the announcers reaction from the broadcast, he almost sounded relieved. Now how many Angels fans think he's worth the money now just after one?!?!?!

Zambrano with a 3 hit shutout vs the Astros as the Fish win their 7th straight. Now that was a nice surprise!

There is no Angel batter hitting over .300 now. In fact highest BA is .292. 5 of the 9 hitters have BA's under .250. Wow.

AP about to drop into the .180's now.

Well Hamilton had a nice week tonight!

5-5 with 4 HR's, 4 R, and 8 RBI!

Well Hamilton had a nice week tonight!

5-5 with 4 HR's, 4 R, and 8 RBI!

It's gonna be hard for the Rangers not to pay him next season. Will be interested to see what they do. Rangers Angles this weekend....let's see if the Angles have any fight in 'em?!?

Tigers 5 runs in the top of the 2nd.

For those that missed the historic night last night:

More rare than a perfect game.

Looks like Robertson may not be the Mariano replacement they were looking for. After getting bailed out of a bases loaded jam by 3 AWFUL called strikes last night, he gave up 4 runs in the night to blow the save. They better hope Soriano can reproduce 2010.

Mets swept the Phils. Cool. Looking good lately. They ripped the Phillies bullpen to shreds this series.

These guys just have fun..............last nights rain delay.

This is one of the best rain delay's I've ever seen!

Hamilton is just tearing it up .... 4 in one game .. two in the next .... now has another one today.

Anybody else see this last night? [video=youtube;-2MLo3YG7e4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MLo3YG7e4[/video]

I think Lawrie reaction was totally justified. I don't think he was intentionally trying to throw the helmet at the Ump but that should never Ump another game of baseball EVER again.

Anybody else see this last night? [video=youtube;-2MLo3YG7e4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MLo3YG7e4[/video]

I think Lawrie reaction was totally justified. I don't think he was intentionally trying to throw the helmet at the Ump but that should never Ump another game of baseball EVER again.

I no way was it justified, bad calls happen WAY too much, but in no way is it ok to throw a helmet at the ump. It's debatable if he intentionally hit him or not, but he certainly meant to throw it in his direction.

He didn't do himself any favors by being as dramatic as he was after the called 2nd strike.. The calls remind me of a couple weeks ago when Pena had three called strikes when none of them crossed the plate, and only one of them was close. All three of those calls were worse than the one Lawrie was called out on.

Those were 2 of the worse calls in a 1 run game in the bottom of the 9th i have ever seen. Neither was close to the plate and he had every right to be mad. You would think in a tight game, the umps would focus in and make the right call, but not that night. BRUTAL. He obiously didn't throw the helmet at the ump, just took a funny bounce. The ump was getting it from the fans after that, deservedly so.

I totally agree with Lawrie getting upset about the calls. MLB.com has a better video of it and shows an overhead camera on strike two and the ball was 6 inches outside. Understandable to me why he would head to first, the ball isn't even close. My feeling is that unless the next pitch was bounced in front of the plate, it was going to be a strike call no matter what. He way overreacted to it and went a little nuts. I don't think he was throwing his helmet at the ump and it was accidental that it hit him (although he shouldn't have thrown it on the field in the first place). Then the ump acts like he got shot by a sniper when a helmet bounces off the ground and hits him, talk about overreacting.

Four games seems pretty fair to me. In my mind, a couple games got knocked off because the calls were so bad and his argument was valid. If he's griping about decent calls, I'd say he gets a couple more. Just my opinion.

Lawrie is a whiner, he just got done whining again after forgetting to tag second after starting towards third on a long fly out.

as a Mets fan, I am enjoying this season for A LOT longer than i thought i would. i thought for sure we would be well below 500 by now

man i am pleasantly suprised with my astros .. these no names with one good starting pitcher arent doing to bad. even Carlos Lee is finally hitting the ball well again @ .306 .. with the #1 draft pick this year and a lot of other nice picks hopefully we can right the farm system that fatpura ruined.

Giancarlo Stanton with a 458ft bomb into the Clevelander bar. Broke a scoreboard in left earlier this week. This guy's power is sick.

If any one was watching the Rays red sox game, these umps are worthless. How the hell want morales tossed.

Tapin for bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back