Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't win the East this year I'll be very upset. We've had the phillies run, now time for the Braves again

Yeah I think so. Not sure who will be able to challenge you this year.

I think the Nats could be better this year. They've made some good moves as well. The NL east could be fun

I think the Nats could be better this year. They've made some good moves as well. The NL east could be fun

unless you are watching the Mets

Reading on a Tribe Blog that the Indians are interested in bringing Thome back to DH. He would only be getting 300-350 ABs and the rest used to keep guys bats in the lineup on their rest days. But if we can get 15-20 HRs and 50-60 RBIs out of him, that's a solid signing.

Plus, I'm a sucker for the 90's.

Strasburg
Gio Gonzales
Jordan Zimmerman
Dan Haren
Ross Detwiler

Top 3 rotation in baseball.. Plus they added Rafael Soriano for the bulpen as well as Denard Span to give them some speed at the top of the lineup.

They are my favorites in the NL this year

Something about Upton is just strange. Hard to understand why a team would dump a guy with a good contract at that age. Smells funny to me.

D'Backs fan here...Justin Upton has the talent to be an All-World player if he feels like it. Maybe it was the pressure of being the franchise player in AZ, but Upton had a maddening tendency to take some games off even while in the starting lineup, causing a rift between himself and manager Kirk Gibson. I think getting out of AZ and not being the main focus of attention in ATL will do wonders for him. Oh, if the D'Backs don't sign Prado to an extension, it's a horrible trade for AZ.

BBa1q1WCIAMoFd7.jpg

They really have made good moves, and building on last year. They seem o be poised to make another run barring injury

Awesome. Absolutely awesome.
Agreed, awesome. They will make you lose your mind by the way. I was a huge BJ fan but he was maddening at times.

Brian Cashman said to ESPN that AROD could miss entire 2013 season. Is it weird that it makes me happy?

Brian Cashman said to ESPN that AROD could miss entire 2013 season. Is it weird that it makes me happy?

He's on his way to being Irrelevent anyhow

Can we postulate that the Braves have one of the best young outfields in baseball? :D

Can we postulate that the Braves have one of the best young outfields in baseball? :D

Agreed -- but, you can remove "young" from that sentence.

All under 30, but, if you mean "Just the best" agreed.

All under 30, but, if you mean "Just the best" agreed.

We're on the same page. They're young (and I think easily the best "young" OF), but I would put Upton, Upton and Heyward up with pretty much any OF in baseball.

It's amazing to think that the Braves are only a couple years removed from having one of the worst statistical OFs in baseball.

Without a doubt. Wren has stepped up his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back