1B-Paul Sorrento
2B-Carlos Baerga
SS-Omar Vizquel
3B-Jim Thome
LF-Albert Belle
CF-Kenny Lofton
RF-Manny Ramirez
DH-Eddie Murray

right when they started their run during the 90's. Somehow the Yankees were the best in the AL. Jimmey Key was awesome that year on the mound. I remember I went to the final game of the season. yankees vs blue jays. I remember Joe Carter hitting an extra inning homer and then the yanks tying it up, only to lose the next inning to another homer. I don't remember who hit that one.

My Indians werent too shabby, look at this power

C-Alomar JR
1B-Paul Sorrento
2B-Carlos Baerga
SS-Omar Vizquel
3B-Jim Thome
LF-Albert Belle
CF-Kenny Lofton
RF-Manny Ramirez
DH-Eddie Murray

That is a very solid lineup too. I forgot Thome used to play the 3 bag back then.

Imagine Jim Abbott no-hit a Cleveland lineup very similar to that in 93. I still say that is one of the most amazing things I have ever watched in sports. A guy with 1 hand throwing a no-hitter. Man I loved Jim Abbott. I was really big in to baseball cards then. I used to go nuts when I'd get a JA card. I even sent him one once to get an autograph.

Imagine Jim Abbott no-hit a Cleveland lineup very similar to that in 93. I still say that is one of the most amazing things I have ever watched in sports. A guy with 1 hand throwing a no-hitter. Man I loved Jim Abbott. I was really big in to baseball cards then. I used to go nuts when I'd get a JA card. I even sent him one once to get an autograph.

That is so awesome! He could absolutely pitch like no ones business. I played high school ball against a kid with 1 arm. The dude could sling it, and watching him flip the glove over each pitch was unbelievable

TapaTalk from the iPhone

That is so awesome! He could absolutely pitch like no ones business. I played high school ball against a kid with 1 arm. The dude could sling it, and watching him flip the glove over each pitch was unbelievable

TapaTalk from the iPhone

my first baseball game I ever went to was Yankees vs Angels. I remember sitting in the outfield during warmups and my dad giving me his binoculars and told me to watch Abbott. I couldn't believe it. When he went to the Yankees I was pumped.

my first baseball game I ever went to was Yankees vs Angels. I remember sitting in the outfield during warmups and my dad giving me his binoculars and told me to watch Abbott. I couldn't believe it. When he went to the Yankees I was pumped.

I don't think people appreciate just how difficult it was for him to pitch. The fact that he did what he did was unreal.

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I think the AL East standings could get turned upside down from last year.

I'm gonna have another bad year again. Can't be worse than last year though. Any way, Go RED SOX!!!

THPing on Tapatalk

I think the AL East standings could get turned upside down from last year.

Remember what people said about the Marlins last year? Toronto is in the same boat. Will be interesting to say the least.

Grady looked like a guy who was ready to become one of the elites in the game. Injuries have certainly robbed him of what could have been an excellent career. Ever think Montreal/Washington wishes they didn't pull that trade off for Colon? They gave up Sizemore, Cliff Lee, and Brandon Phillips(Lee Stevens too).

It's unfortunate that Philips was mishandled the way he was by Wedge's staff. I don't think he ever had a fair chance and we gave up on him way to quickly. Man. That was a great trade.

My Bro was a HUGE Jim Abbot fan, loved that dude.

Remember what people said about the Marlins last year? Toronto is in the same boat. Will be interesting to say the least.

It's certainly going to be interesting

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

True, but Toronto picked up a lot of pitching. Makes you wonder if Holliday is wishing he was back there.

I think that the orioles might be the only ones under .500 in that division.

TapaTalk from the iPhone

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Why u think such a big drop for them? Dont recall them having a ton of departures from last year's team

Why u think such a big drop for them? Dont recall them having a ton of departures from last year's team

They need to fire Buck so they can win the World Series.

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I could see the Red Sox being under .500 too.

Because in reality they got super lucky. They were 29-9 in one run games and won 16 or 17 extra inning games in a row.

They also I believe finished the season giving up more runs then they scored. I just don't think those type of stats lend to long term success

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I could see the Red Sox being under .500 too.

Yes Yorkem you are right. They are such a wildcard for me because I could see them being really good, but they haven't lived up to expectations of late

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Because in reality they got super lucky. They were 29-9 in one run games and won 16 or 17 extra inning games in a row.

They also I believe finished the season giving up more runs then they scored. I just don't think those type of stats lend to long term success

TapaTalk from the iPhone

3 out of 4 or something is lucky, 29-9 and the 16 out of 17 I think you have to have a little more than luck. While I dont see them winning 90+, I cant see them too far away from 80+

3 out of 4 or something is lucky, 29-9 and the 16 out of 17 I think you have to have a little more than luck. While I dont see them winning 90+, I cant see them too far away from 80+

Well 80 or less would be below .500. I am not saying they are a bad team, just that they are nowhere near as good as they performed last year I dont think. For a team to win that many games who was outscored on the season is unheard of.

Who knows though. I am no baseball expert. Just a big fan

As a kid I had a million questions of my dad about Jim Abbott. To the point that he took me to the Big A to watch him pitch for our Angels. That guy was an inspiration and a heck of an athlete!

Furthermore, I am getting excited about the season. Angels baseball is almost here! Last year I spent a week out in Tempe for Spring Training, unfortunately not happening this year. This year will decide whether an offense can carry a team, our pitching looks shaky at best. Here's to a fun year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back