Status
Not open for further replies.
They can battle it out in the Central all they want, as long as the Braves win the NL East, I am happy.

Hope so. But, peeps on Twitter are saying we sent Prado in the deal.. If that's the case, I am less than happy about it right now.

Prado has been my favorite player for the past few years. I love his work ethic and he will be missed.
His season this year would have determined free agency next year so getting an elite athlete to round out an amazing outfield is great.

#gonnamissMartin

I think the big thing here with the deal for Upton, is the fact that Wren didnt give up any of our "young" arms that will be coming up within the next few years.

Braves have an amazing outfield with the brothers Upton and Heyward. Wow.

Prado has been my favorite player for the past few years. I love his work ethic and he will be missed.
His season this year would have determined free agency next year so getting an elite athlete to round out an amazing outfield is great.

#gonnamissMartin
Im going to miss Prado, but, he is a free agent after this year and the Braves werent intent on signing him to a long term deal, the traded while he had good value. The rest, I'm not worried about. Delgado wasnt going to be up this year, unless there are injuries.

Justin wasnt too bad last yer, .280, 34 points better than his bro

homers declined by almost 50% and RBI was the lowest since 2008, doubles lowest since 2008 as well. His brother beat him in all those categories.

I think he could be a good pickup. I dunno to me it just seems funny that a team who has him under a reasonable contract has been looking to get rid of him for the last 6 months. In today's era you don't see that all that often. At least not until they know they will not be able to resign the guy, but heck he still has 3 years left on his deal.

homers declined by almost 50% and RBI was the lowest since 2008, doubles lowest since 2008 as well. His brother beat him in all those categories.

I think he could be a good pickup. I dunno to me it just seems funny that a team who has him under a reasonable contract has been looking to get rid of him for the last 6 months. In today's era you don't see that all that often. At least not until they know they will not be able to resign the guy, but heck he still has 3 years left on his deal.
Which makes it a good deal for Atlanta. From what I have read, Justin has wanted out of Arizona for a while now. Hopefully going to Atlanta provides a spark, unlike Uggla, who has been a major turd.

Braves have an amazing outfield with the brothers Upton and Heyward. Wow.

it could be real good.

Im going to miss Prado, but, he is a free agent after this year and the Braves werent intent on signing him to a long term deal, the traded while he had good value. The rest, I'm not worried about. Delgado wasnt going to be up this year, unless there are injuries.

Prado is a nice player that's for sure. I always like guys who play the game the way he does. The Yankees used to have guys like that. Then they started bringing in the Raul Mondesi's and Gary Sheffields of the world. I wish Cano would play the game the style Prado does.

Which makes it a good deal for Atlanta. From what I have read, Justin has wanted out of Arizona for a while now. Hopefully going to Atlanta provides a spark, unlike Uggla, who has been a major turd.

Just think what kind of power we "could" have in Uggla turns it around

I think it's a good deal for Atl. The guy they are getting has more upside then then the player they are losing. I'm just not sold on the guy. Could be a good buy low trade that will pay off very well in the end. I hope it does, I've always had a thing for the Braves going back to the Steve Avery days.

Ill never forgive him for blowing the ASG for the NL when he couldn't field a ground ball and throw it if his life depended on it.

The dude is the biggest 2nd basemen in the history of baseball though haha

I've never been a huge fan Uggla, just for the fact, while he is beast power-wise for a 2nd baseman, he swings and misses a ton, and makes a good amount of errors. BUT, I will say, if he returns to 2011 form, and pops 30+ out, that makes up for all of it. They are going to be a tough team for sure.

Who is going to be playing 3B for them now that Chipper is gone?

Could. Key word, could. Hopefully, BMac is telling the truth and his shoulder is going to be "right" now that he had the surgery. Claimed to play last year at 75%. Our biggest loss this off season is David Ross to the Red Sox.
I think it's a good deal for Atl. The guy they are getting has more upside then then the player they are losing. I'm just not sold on the guy. Could be a good buy low trade that will pay off very well in the end. I hope it does, I've always had a thing for the Braves going back to the Steve Avery days.
Best part of it all is that we cleared up some cap space, and have $10 mil sitting out there for another deal, probably look for something before the trade deadline.
Ill never forgive him for blowing the ASG for the NL when he couldn't field a ground ball and throw it if his life depended on it.

The dude is the biggest 2nd basemen in the history of baseball though haha
I've watched a few interviews of him and showing his workouts. Dude lives in the gym, it's ridiculous. I think it's funny that the rest of the team make fun of his tiny jersey size.

I've never been a huge fan Uggla, just for the fact, while he is beast power-wise for a 2nd baseman, he swings and misses a ton, and makes a good amount of errors. BUT, I will say, if he returns to 2011 form, and pops 30+ out, that makes up for all of it. They are going to be a tough team for sure.

I thought Prado, but that wont happen. I hear they have a guy named Fransisco they are pretty high on, but not sure they would throw him out there full time.

Side note, would anyone be interested in doing a THP fantasy baseball? My friends, (including tnolan :alien:) are a bunch of turds and don't like it. I love it, and usually just play a public league on Yahoo to play. Would love to get a THP league going.

Looks like a potential platoon with the guy we just got from AZ and Francisco.
It woulda been Prado

It was going to be Prado... We got Chris Johnson from the DBacks in the trade, so my guess is we will see some sort of platoon with C Johnson and Juan Francisco.

Side note, would anyone be interested in doing a THP fantasy baseball? My friends, (including tnolan :alien:) are a bunch of turds and don't like it. I love it, and usually just play a public league on Yahoo to play. Would love to get a THP league going.

Id love too. My big money league disbanded this year, and Id love to play one just for fun if we could get some decent interest for it

I would be up for it.

It was going to be Prado... We got Chris Johnson from the DBacks in the trade, so my guess is we will see some sort of platoon with C Johnson and Juan Francisco.

Did Juan have any playing time with the big team last year? I was wondering if they would feel comfortable using him

I'll make a thread to gauge some interest, we've still got a month before pitchers and catchers report, so we've got a bit of time.

Since Chipper only played about 2/3's of the game, Juan filled in on his days off. Also platooned in the outfield at times as well. He had a decent season, and I wouldnt mind seeing him in the field at all.
Oh ok. I don't follow the Braves close enough to know. As long as that 3rd base spot stays solid defensively I think they shouldn't worry too much about offensive production

Pretty excited about the trade. Prado was apparently asking $11-$12 Million a year for extension, and after adding J. Upton's salary and subtracting Prado's estimated arbitration, AJC is saying they still have $10 million they could spend for 2013.

Pretty excited about the trade. Prado was apparently asking $11-$12 Million a year for extension, and after adding J. Upton's salary and subtracting Prado's estimated arbitration, AJC is saying they still have $10 million they could spend for 2013.
Makes sense in the long run.

The Braves are really looking strong with this addition. Wow.

The Braves are really looking strong with this addition. Wow.

If we don't win the East this year I'll be very upset. We've had the phillies run, now time for the Braves again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back