Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the Astros lineup is a joke. I really feel sorry for the people who go watch them play

Wow the Astros lineup is a joke. I really feel sorry for the people who go watch them play
I know certain teams want to be conservative, but don't eventually you get to a point where you don't pay enough at all.

You know what's funny? If the Astros had moved to the AL last year, the Cardinals would have missed post season play, as they were 4-12 against them.

I don't understand how the Astros are so short on the payroll list. They are in a HUGE market, have a great stadium, and have a decent history of success. What is going on that they can't spend more than 30K a year.

You know what's funny? If the Astros had moved to the AL last year, the Cardinals would have missed post season play, as they were 4-12 against them.

You can't say that for sure because they would have had to play 16 games elsewhere, but I don't disagree. It was a nice 16 games for them the last couple of years

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Don't look now but Astros could be on pace for a nice 162 win season

Pirates tomorrow. Oh..joy?

Saw that Ricky Ankiel hit a homer in tonight's game. It's really hard for me not root for that guy. Dude went to Hell and back and has made a pretty nice career for himself.

I don't understand how the Astros are so short on the payroll list. They are in a HUGE market, have a great stadium, and have a decent history of success. What is going on that they can't spend more than 30K a year.
New ownership that many people are not big fans of. There are talks of overhauling a lot of the stadium (getting rid of Tal's hill and the train... adding in all of those hideous billboards in left field), but they know that they cannot compete overnight. Their farm system has been awful, so they are trying to attain depth in the farm system. It will be 3 or 4 years at least until this team can even talk about playoffs. They do have a number one pick coming in the next draft which is nice, although there is no Harper or Strasberg.

There are 20 players in the MLB this year that will make more than the Astros' entire 25-man lineup. That is astonishing to me, but at least they got Carlos Lee off of the books.

Is everyone done with the exhibition season now?

Last year they had the season opener and teams were playing exhibition games the next day.

Is everyone done with the exhibition season now?

Last year they had the season opener and teams were playing exhibition games the next day.

Yew, everyone is done. Complete and total failure last year with that plan.

I was listening to Bud Selig talk with Mike and Mike on ESPN radio this morning, if I was a die hard baseball fan I'd be very worried, and this is coming from a hockey fan who has Gary Bettman running the NHL!!!

I was listening to Bud Selig talk with Mike and Mike on ESPN radio this morning, if I was a die hard baseball fan I'd be very worried, and this is coming from a hockey fan who has Gary Bettman running the NHL!!!

I was busy watching FA Cup Grass Hockey - what did King Bud say?

I'm ready for a little Braves baseball today :thumb:

I was busy watching FA Cup Grass Hockey - what did King Bud say?
He was responding to questions about the Houston Astros and their roll payroll and he kept coming back to how sensitive he is to fan reactions and is always monitoring that kind of stuff. He really sounded like someone who had no idea what was really going on!

I wish the Mets game was on here. I'll have to settle for Yankees-Sox. Opening Day!!!!

He was responding to questions about the Houston Astros and their roll payroll and he kept coming back to how sensitive he is to fan reactions and is always monitoring that kind of stuff. He really sounded like someone who had no idea what was really going on!

I thought it was kind of the opposite. I liked what he was saying. He talked about how he looked in to the minor league system for Houston to see what they have coming up. Said they reminded him of the Twins in the 90's when they had an extremely low payroll because they believed they had a lot of talent they would have to pay when they came up through the rankings(which they did).

I wish the Mets game was on here. I'll have to settle for Yankees-Sox. Opening Day!!!!

Fun Mets fact of the day. Bobby Bonilla is making more than any other Mets outfielder this year making 1.9 million dollars. Yes, you read that correctly. Haha

Fun Mets fact of the day. Bobby Bonilla is the highest paid Mets outfielder this year making 1.9 million dollars. Yes, you read that correctly. Haha

what no Jason Bay?

what no Jason Bay?

They bought him out for like $20 million or something. My initial post is edited. Bonilla is making more than any Mets outfield this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back