Status
Not open for further replies.
Fister.

It may be a moot point as we're likely to see Zimmerman (and their SS) traded shortly...they need to free up money to pay for Scherzer.

Scherzer is going to get his money over 14 years so it drops the annual salary to $15m/yr, they aren't exactly shopping their SS but are listening to offers. I hope they keep him but its a business.

Fister.

It may be a moot point as we're likely to see Zimmerman (and their SS) traded shortly...they need to free up money to pay for Scherzer.

One of them (Zimmerman or Strasburg) is getting traded.

Scherzer is going to get his money over 14 years so it drops the annual salary to $15m/yr, they aren't exactly shopping their SS but are listening to offers. I hope they keep him but its a business.

Eric I was going to post this same thing.

From the several pieces I've read today, they may make a trade but won't settle for less then they want for either. Even though they could lose them in FA.

They can afford Scherzer this year, because do freeing up money from Laroche and Soriano.

What a rotation it will be if they all stay. And Tanner Roark as insurance.

One of them (Zimmerman or Strasburg) is getting traded.
If I were them, I would rather keep Zimmerman. But years of control, money have to be factored in so I would be surprised if they move Strasburg.

Aoki to the Giants! As my second fav team I like this move lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were them, I would rather keep Zimmerman. But years of control, money have to be factored in so I would be surprised if they move Strasburg.

Zimmerman has made it known, he wants to play closer to home (Wisconsin) eventually. So they would be fighting to keep him in FA. They have had an extension offer on the table to him for over a year with very little comment from him.

I do love what he has done for them, pitched his ass off ever since coming back from TJ and in 2013, he probably pitched as well as he did this year, he just got no run support at all.

So I'd say they are hedging their bets on him not wanting to sign. I see them holding on to all five to start the season. If a contender loses a starter to injury before the trade deadline, they will have some leverage.

I agree on Strasburg. They aren't trading him. At least not this year. He's signed through 2017 I believe.

Zimmerman has made it known, he wants to play closer to home (Wisconsin) eventually. So they would be fighting to keep him in FA. They have had an extension offer on the table to him for over a year with very little comment from him.

I do love what he has done for them, pitched his ass off ever since coming back from TJ and in 2013, he probably pitched as well as he did this year, he just got no run support at all.

So I'd say they are hedging their bets on him not wanting to sign. I see them holding on to all five to start the season. If a contender loses a starter to injury before the trade deadline, they will have some leverage.

I agree on Strasburg. They aren't trading him. At least not this year. He's signed through 2017 I believe.

They said they will listen on Strasburg especially if they don't get any good offers for Zimmerman

They've already got a young stud in Zimmerman. Why not just pay him instead? Do they know something about Z the rest of us don't?

They've already got a young stud in Zimmerman. Why not just pay him instead? Do they know something about Z the rest of us don't?

Based on his performance the last 2 years, I would venture to say it is not health related. I think they are worried that they couldn't get him locked up to a long term deal. Although, I bet if they would have presented him with the contract they just gave Max, he would have pricked his finger and signed it is blood!

Was checking out some team payrolls this morning
http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

Dodgers $265M

Marlins $47.7M

HAHAHAHA

Tribe 23rd at $79M, normally would be kinda impressed but $28.5 is on turds Swisher and Bourn

Wow 167 mil for my boys and the off season isn't even over yet crazy

List obviously doesn't have players going through arbitration so everyone's numbers are low at the moment. Only reason I noticed was cause Kluber was missing.

with the 2015 thread started. I'm going lock this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back