• Judge

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Catch Aaron Judge's #62, or Albert Pujols' #700 homerun ball?

Well being a Cardinal fan, Pujols 700 ball would be my pick.

I’ll take Judge’s 62.

700 for me. Both are insane accomplishments but the long term greatness resonates with me more than a single phenomenal season.

700 for me. Both are insane accomplishments but the long term greatness resonates with me more than a single phenomenal season.
Me too, not just because I'm a Cardinals fan but 62 is an achievement that is "doable" with a really good season. 700 is almost unachievable even with 20 really good seasons. I think the value of #700 will be higher.. outside New York.

Judge’s ball

700 for sure. That takes years of elite performance. Too much is being made of the Judge thing because of the uniform he wears. Still a long ways off from 73.

I think Yankees fans would pay more for the ball in auction. I also think Judge would offer more for the ball since he knows he won't get a ring.

Marris’s 61 hasn’t been broken by an American Leaguer/Yankee since it was set. Bigger than Puljos’ 700 ball.

If Aaron Judge was on any other team besides the Yankees or the Red Sox, he would not be getting this coverage. He will quickly be forgotten about.

Pujols, however, is a legit Mt. Rushmore of Baseball candidate. I’ll take 700.

Clearly I'm kidding, it's your opinion. My rationale would be that we're more likely to see another person in our lifetime hit 60+ hr in one season than we are to see someone hit 30-hr for 24yrs.

700 for me.

Both are impressive and I’d be happy to catch either. But since that’s a cop out, 700. That’s 17.5 40 HR seasons or 23.3 30 HR seasons. The longevity and sustained power in 700 HR is more impressive to me.

Pujols because I hate the Yankees but I'd enjoy watching their fans have a bidding war for the ball

Pujols because I have a strong dislike for the Yankees.

give me judge's ball. Both are amazing accomplishments, but you can easily argue that we haven't seen a "clean" 62, but we've seen a couple of "clean" 700's already.

If Aaron Judge was on any other team besides the Yankees or the Red Sox, he would not be getting this coverage. He will quickly be forgotten about.

Pujols, however, is a legit Mt. Rushmore of Baseball candidate. I’ll take 700.

funny...Stanton got this coverage when he was on the Marlins and he ended at 59.

give me judge's ball. Both are amazing accomplishments, but you can easily argue that we haven't seen a "clean" 62, but we've seen a couple of "clean" 700's already.
Well, we don’t know that Judge is clean. It’s curious how many guys have their mystery career year when playing for a contract. It can’t be a complete coincidence.

Well, we don’t know that Judge is clean. It’s curious how many guys have their mystery career year when playing for a contract. It can’t be a complete coincidence.

if we are taking that approach we might as well say the same about Pujols and his magical surge.

if we are taking that approach we might as well say the same about Pujols and his magical surge.
I think MLB is using juiced balls for their ABs. They love a good publicity story. Anything to get people watching.

I think MLB is using juiced balls for their ABs. They love a good publicity story. Anything to get people watching.

must not be using them for anyone else

Pujols is on a pace he hasn’t seen since @2016.

FB_IMG_1664161969477.jpg

Back