MMB Blacks, Paderson TS, = New Life

Popeye

Reaction score
Handicap
I had been playing the MMB-17 irons for a few years and when the Blacks came out I was smitten to say the least and I had to have a set. I put them in a set of KBS Tour 105 S shafts and truthfully I never really liked the setup. I played well enough with them but was never in love to say the least.
I have been very intrigued by the story of the Paderson shafts and the tech in how they build them so the homeless MMB heads were a good candidate. They are the Tajectory series shafts sold by Golfworks and are well priced for what you have to spend today. Got them in S flex.
First of all with the labels down they have that Darth Vader iron look and are a matted black so there is no glare from either the shaft or the heads. Weight of the shafts is mid 80g. I have a midsize CP2 grip as well.
I'm getting prepped for my Pinehurst trip so I brought them over to the sim today just for the help of it and in the warm up I went through the entire set. Aside from the extremely smooth feeling the shaft has getting through the ball I was putting one shot after the other right over the last tracer. They were also falling within a few yards at most. All the way through the 6 iron was great repeatable performance. Being traditionally lofted the gaps between the irons are fairly tight and super consistent.
So I kept them in the bag for my practice round on Pinehurst #2 and shot a -1. The greens are all teacups so you have to come in high and stop the ball quickly. Hole after hole I was all over the flag. Stupid computer gave me a 2 putt on 3,,, 6 foot putts. I had some mistakes here and there but damn what I round I had with them. I will bring them down and see how they do in the practice round but they may be in play in North Carolina.
Really gave a shelved set of irons new life. They dont get a lot of press but what an iron shaft they have.
e0136e521194a7f73ba0234f66495231.jpg
7cdb866c0e3d2760f63d3413a7f7d0fe.jpg
05143637bc6d8d1064e2543885fb1937.jpg
6d1991c599d81bdc9f20b8954c6beb8c.jpg
6c824af3d705b3630ac1f2e405acb85e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's a really nice looking setup. I'll wait for the official review on your upcoming YouTube channel

Back