Mobile Device Enforcement Person

Agreed, I've been to a few events, PGA, LPGA and I don't take pics because I respect their position and you know there will be those that forget to put the phone on silent just like in a movie or meeting.
Lol the meeting guy. We've all met them.

I've seen these volunteers quite a bit at Doral every year. They give you a warning but walk away looking for other people taking pics or video. Most of the time the "violator" just waits a few minutes and goes back to taking more pics or continues on the next hole. Not very effective IMO.

Now what really works are cops who walk inside the ropes. They walk well behind the players and bust people along the ropes all day. Of course this only applies to the Tiger, Rory or Phil groups with large galleries.

Before the horse goes into the bottle: At the 3M Championship this year, cameras were banned over the weekend, but folks could bring their cell phones in if they were set to vibrate. Guess what folks were using to take pictures....

Well if they really didn't want people to take pictures, then that is just epic fail on their part. It's 2014, how many people do you see taking pictures of ANYTHING with cell phone vs. regular camera?

Unless they are completely clueless, whoever came up with that rule knew exactly what was going to happen.

Before the horse goes into the bottle: At the 3M Championship this year, cameras were banned over the weekend, but folks could bring their cell phones in if they were set to vibrate. Guess what folks were using to take pictures....

Well if they really didn't want people to take pictures, then that is just epic fail on their part. It's 2014, how many people do you see taking pictures of ANYTHING with cell phone vs. regular camera?

Unless they are completely clueless, whoever came up with that rule knew exactly what was going to happen.

That is probably because most cameras, that I am aware of, do not have a 'silent' mode. Cameras make noise. Smartphones have a silent/vibrate option. The problem is the human working the phone. In a mob-type scenario, (ie 1000's of fans watching golf), humans, in general, are selfabsorbed richards.

So I'm sure a lot of you noticed the guys in the yellow vest that had the term Mobile Device Enforcement on it. They appeared to be scanning the crowd monitoring for picture taking and such.

yet I saw many blatant instances of guys taking video/pictures of swings with their smart phones during play. Most times it was on the tee or when the shot went into the gallery. So my question is what were they enforcing. I know you can't catch everyone, but when it's as obvious as it was in some of the final groups I would think they would be stopping that.

I know several THP'ers have been to some recent events, anyone see anybody reprimanded for taking video.
At Merion last tear they took your phone at gate. Gave you a check and you got on the way out. None allowed. A few I'm sure got through but there were thousands at the check. I tried and didn't make it.

Back