Modernize a Classic? What’s your poison?

Too many options.

All of them.

My first irons were Callaway Pro Series X-14. I loved the feel and haven't quite felt the same with any of the other irons I have tried. Maybe it's just because I played them for so long but I would love to see those re-released.

Another vote for the Cleveland Classic. I have still have a 310 and 290 in my garage. The 290 was in and out of the bag up until last year.

I would love to see some Nike VR Irons come back into the scene.

1585933054349.png

It was as close to automatic as a club could be for me. A (mostly) straight fairway-finder off the tee.

Would love to see some modernized Ping Eye 2 irons. I've loved the look of them since the first time I saw them, and they were sweet hitting clubs.

This is a cool thread. If I am reaching back to do a modern take on a classic, there few oldies that come to mind:

-MacGregor M85 Colokrome
-MacGregor Muirfield Blades
-Staff Fluid Feel Irons... say '85 or '86 (the latest Wilson are a pretty darn good modern interpration, so we have that :D)
-Ben Hogan - the Icon again pretty much nails the modern update of some favorite Hogan blades

Last edited:
I always thought the beryllium copper clubs were beautiful to look at. Never gamed them. And I know they’re terrible for the environment now but maybe those remade... or maybe just the finish on a set of clubs would be nice.

I always thought the beryllium copper clubs were beautiful to look at. Never gamed them. And I know they’re terrible for the environment now but maybe those remade... or maybe just the finish on a set of clubs would be nice.

Agreed. BeCu was so beautiful and fun in its day.

I would commit unspeakable crimes for a modern iSeries iron, in copper.

Cleveland needs to bring the GD tour action gunmetal irons back for EFs sake. Jack the lofts a little bit, maybe a progressive hollow set.... just do eeeet

My back up set is a set of ping eye2's. No club has ever looked better at address for me. I would cut my pinkie off for a modern more forgiving set of those in copper beryllium finish.

Another vote for the Ping Eyes 2.

The classic Taylormade R7 driver with all the adjustable screws would be interesting to see it modernized.

I love all the Eye 2 love.

Im going to jump on the SuperTri that @ddec mentioned earlier

MaGregor v-foil 1025 cm irons. First really nice set of irons I bought and also the longest I kept a set in the bag.

Taylor Made Burner 2.0 irons.
Seriously Taylor Made, get your stuff together, and launch a new version in the Burner Line.

Loved the irons so much, and it might be the one thing Taylor Made could launch that would have me consider them again.

Cobra baffler rail in-between metal woods... I have one in a gift set that flys

Cleveland Niblick

Get some tungsten in there, move the CG about, laser milling and some different grind options. :)

Cleveland Niblick

Get some tungsten in there, move the CG about, laser milling and some different grind options. :)
As a former full swing Niblick player, that would be badass

OOH!

Return of the Cleveland Classic :oops:

Man, that club was LOVED here.

I remember all too well. Been a member here since 2012, just never posted enough back then.

Could also throw the F6 Baffler in about now too. Still have one, but an updated version would be AWESOME.

Back