GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers Alumni
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
They look a lot like Cory Pavin's Cleveland clubs...and Miller Barber had some anti shank clubs. So you cast some block of metal, grind it out and connect it with screws. This will be short lived in my mind.

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
Interesting concept but its ultimately a tough sell to offer a product that doesn't look so great at a really high price. I think there would have to be a serious performance benefit. And not to be difficult but I almost feel like I am missing the boat here - what problem are they trying to solve by being modular? Why do we need modular clubs?

MattyD-MPLS

Captain for The 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I went to the website to check them out and immediately came back to scroll through the comments to find the VAS reference.
I mean, it's not a completely un-earned reference, but they're nowhere near that ugly. I actually kinda like the way the back of the club looks, but I'm not sure I buy into all the marketing hype and I'm definitely 100% out at that price.

I will say I don't at all hate the looks of that Detroit putter - but at $2500, they can go straight to hell. :LOL:

shanewu

@shaneb0t
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
No comprendo :sneaky:

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club Albatross 2023 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I mean..I would hit them.

buckeyewalt

Reaction score
Handicap
Seriously.....

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hideous and price....hard pass. I need to be able to look at something with confidence rather than question myself if I made a bad decision and be stuck with these clubs for the next five years because I wouldn’t be able to sell them for 50% on the dollar. I see this market being very very limited.

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hideous and price....hard pass. I need to be able to look at something with confidence rather than question myself if I made a bad decision and be stuck with these clubs for the next five years because I wouldn’t be able to sell them for 50% on the dollar. I see this market being very very limited.
At that price, you'd definitely take a bath on resale or trade-in.

Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Uh ok.

$420 I might pay for a driver. That’s about what I usually spend on a 6-8pc iron set that’s gently used.

If their stuff isn’t better than what I’m using by leaps and bounds, maybe they’re the new Boob Parsons?

I’m not saying neither or either company isn’t putting out a great product. But you can **** me sideways before a pay $400 for a damn wedge.

JMHO.

Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Uh ok.

$420 I might pay for a driver. That’s about what I usually spend on a 6-8pc iron set that’s gently used.

If their stuff isn’t better than what I’m using by leaps and bounds, maybe they’re the new Boob Parsons?

I’m not saying neither or either company isn’t putting out a great product. But you can **** me sideways before a pay $400 for a damn wedge.

JMHO.

I also will point out that my decent angle pretty much negates spin so I don’t need it. I can stop an old and worn out 52* oil can inside of a foot of a brand new whatever.

So I don’t need new and at those prices I won’t be buying used.

J.B. Cobb III

1/2 Of The Finger Cuff Twins
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bumping this thread. Anyone seen one of these in the wild yet?

Frank559

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This concept doesn't make sense to me. I can buy a few clubs for the price of one which defeats the purpose of it being modular.

Seems like an attention grabbing ploy. And an answer searching for a question noone asked.

jfrigo1003

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bumping this thread. Anyone seen one of these in the wild yet?
Not in the wild no but Peter Finch reviewed the wedges yesterday and results were pretty darn good

J.B. Cobb III

1/2 Of The Finger Cuff Twins
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I see pictures of these on social media every once and awhile. Still a super intriguing concept!

Hacker Rod

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You betcha
“Every so often, a new idea comes around and totally changes the face of an industry,” said MORE GOLF Founder and Designer Bruce Sizemore. “That’s what I believe a fully modular construction can do with golf clubs. We’ve reimagined the future of custom club fitting and what it means to be fully optimized as a golfer.”

I suppose it could change the face of the high end designer industry golf club industry. I won't pretend to know how large that market is. What I do know is that for the price they intend to ask, I would expect clubs that have far more shelf appeal than what I'm seeing here. For the record, I have no problem with modular construction. In fact, it makes a lot of sense in theory. But if modular clubs become mainstream, they'll do so because they're machined somewhere in Asia for about 1/4 to 1/2 the prices mentioned here.

Bosco...

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12’ish
Good idea, bad execution. I can see a day where every club in the bag has an adjustable hosel though.

Hacker Rod

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You betcha
I can see a day where every club in the bag has an adjustable hosel though.
Agreed. Or at least a quick-change hosel. It'd be nice to be able to swap out shafts for irons the same way we do for adjustable metals.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in