JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in 2019, we got our first look at a new company based in Michigan called MORE Golf with their launch of the Detroit Collection of limited edition putters. They are set to make a splash with another release this spring with MOD-1 irons, wedges and putters that are made in America and 100% Billet-Milled.

That splash from MORE GOLF is in the form of the highest level of customization available in a golf club through the full modular makeup.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
definitely an interesting read... I like that the company honestly tells you that the wedges will not spin more on full shots than others.

not sure how I feel about the look of the hosel and the bottom of the face but ill gladly volunteer as a tester! Really cool concept overall

That's interesting, but seems like something the big guys would eat their lunch on if it really worked.

Very interesting concept, and interesting looking clubs. I found the shape and look of their wedge especially intriguing.

Wedge_Square_Ratio-5-705x705.jpg

Moving the hosel to a different location sure makes the club look different, but the concept makes sense to me. Being able to go full modular could really open up fitting options in the future. And a full set of irons and wedges for under $500? I would try them!

• Admin
Moving the hosel to a different location sure makes the club look different, but the concept makes sense to me. Being able to go full modular could really open up fitting options in the future. And a full set of irons and wedges for under $500? I would try them!

That price is per piece.

Guess you are stuck with the loft and lie though, right?

spatula on a stick!

flip a flop then flip a burger

bh31406b.jpg
Wedge_Square_Ratio-4-2048x2048.jpg

spatula on a stick!

flip a flop then flip a burger

View attachment 8991577
Wedge_Square_Ratio-4-2048x2048.jpg

The Cleveland model was in Corey Pavin's bag when he won the US Open at Shinnecock Hills GC, 1995.

Those look cool. I hope this works out for them:D

Will the clubs come with helicoils and replacement screws? I know that I would strip out one of the screw holes changing out a flange or something.
I imagine that there could be some customization with different screw colors, face plate colors, flange colors, hosel colors...

Last edited:
$427 PER club. wow...
Since these are machined one iron at a time it's essentially the same as buying a milled putter :) I like the story but at 427 a pop they would need to be very special, I guess it's always expensive to be an early adapter!

Last edited:
Face shape is very Cleveland Niblick-ey

F7211E8B-2437-4838-90D3-42578A524D2E.jpeg1B07EEC9-AAAD-44E1-AFDE-725CFE1A4FFE.jpeg

I don't understand their plan with pricing. I don't know of anyone that will pay that price per club. Maybe a putter but... I wonder if they hate that fact that PXG lowered their pricing. I don't see this company going anywhere with this offering. Best of luck to them but you have just priced yourself out of the market.

the irons are hideous. if you're going to charge that kind of pricing, know your freaking audience. what were they thinking?

Cool concept in theory. Optimizing an iron (weight distribution for instance) while making the modular concept useful seems like a big challenge. Then there is the pricing :sick:

I’m lost. I don’t get it. I’m confused. I don’t like the name mod “1” irons, I literally thought they sold only “1” irons especially when you said $500 a club. How does a company set the price that high as a new company? Like for reals?? You can change the face plate, flange and whatever else. This is the interchange club, next it’ll be 1 club acting as all clubs. I know this is the wrong way for most to look at it but start your price low and then give thee old price hike. Bro... stop it. Stop. It’s like someone just leaked in my Cheerios this morning. What is this?? You have no name, no nothing to back yourself up and you want $500 a club?

I don't understand their plan with pricing. I don't know of anyone that will pay that price per club. Maybe a putter but... I wonder if they hate that fact that PXG lowered their pricing. I don't see this company going anywhere with this offering. Best of luck to them but you have just priced yourself out of the market.

While I think there is some truth to the cost, there are plenty of clubs out there that are at that price or close and sell decently well.
Factor in Made in US, new tech, etc and it adds up pretty quickly.

The crowd that bought PXG clubs when it was a brand new brand, are the same guys now buying $800 Autoflex driver shafts, and will likely soon pay $3,500 for a set of Mod-1 irons. That is, retired or semi-retired multi millionaires who love golf and play the game 3 to 5 days per week. No harm no foul.

Back