Mohawks, THP, and the "C" word

Thank you for sharing your story with us, it is truly touching. I wish the very best for you and your wife and hope you can get through this difficult time in your life.

TM,

I will definitely be keeping your wife (and your family) in my prayers in the coming days. The strength and support you are providing for your wife right now is inexpressible!

It isn't much- but if you ever have any questions about the chemo/side-effects/treatments that you are going through, by all means I am just a PM away. I don't directly work in the oncology field but I have lots of contacts and lots of professional resources available and I would be happy to provide you anything that I can my hands on. It sounds like you are both handling it like a champ and I give you both all the credit in the world. As I said, it isn't much but if it is in the slightest way useful I would be honored to help out.

-Gus

Thoughts and prayers to you and your wife, best wishes getting through this rough time.

Thank you for sharing that with us TH, I will have your family in my prayers. We are family here and we all here are pulling you two. As Gus and others have stated, just let us know if we can be of any help to you at all.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family TH.

Love it! You have an amazing outlook and I don't doubt for one moment that all will turn out just fine for you and your family. I'll certainly keep you and your wife in my thoughts.

The mohawk is SICK. Looks great.

Best wishes and take care! love the mo'

my thoughts are with you and your wife. If you really want to cheer her up you should dye the hawk to match Fowlers outfit of the day!

At this stage of life and living in my area I am familiar with many fighters and survivors. Prayers, best wishes and the assurance that there is always hope are what I can offer.

Best of everything.

Thanks to all of you!

First of all my thoughts go out to your family, cancer is a wicked wicked thing and I wish that it didn't exist!

Secondly I love the mohawk dude, that is great that so many people have done that in support of your wife!! I'm glad THP has been a bit of a release for you!

My thoughts are with you, went through the dreaded C word with my Mother a few years back. It's awesome you and those are you are showing her this amount of support, glad things are looking better now and I wish you the best.

Thank you so much for sharing TH. That whole post really touches me as my family has had its share of cancer to those very near and dear to me. I'm truly thrilled the numbers are improving and you and yours are definitely in my deepest thoughts.

Tomahawk18,

I first want to say thanks for sharing that post. It was truly touching and I think the c word is something that affects us all at some point. My dad has been through a long bout and my wife's grandfather went through a couple of bouts. I commend you for going mohawk and I truly hope it put a smile on your wife's face. THP is a special place. I just wanted to let you know you and your wife are in our prayers and i have to stop typing as I am getting emotional. That was a truly beautiful post and keep rocking the mohawk!

That sucks Mohawk! In honor of your wife...

I will be keeping you in my prayers. May you come through this stronger and full of life.

That is bada$$ Seth. Thanks for joining the Mohawk club!! You are too kind!

This thread makes me remember when my grandma got cancer, lung which eventually metastasized to the brain. I know how emotionally taxing it can be on a family, and I wish I had handled it with as much grace as you and your family and friends are doing. I guess I lacked the maturity at the time. I have got a few people who need to read this, and I will make sure to put a Relay for Life Sun up for your family. The sun represents those who are triumphing over the disease. Thanks for this post.

Great post Mohawk man. What a touching story and it's great to see all of your friends supporting you guys. Best of luck to your new family!

Your mohawk looks killer.

Thanks for sharing your story. My family has been touched by the "C" word several times. Great to hear things are looking good.

I had a hard time reading that... I have reached out here at THP for thoughtful prayers and good thoughts and it made a huge difference in my life. You are asking for neither at a time when you every right (more than I did) to ask. Suffice it to say that you and your wife will be in my thoughts going forward and I can only hope that the outcome is everything that you both want.

It is said often here but bears repeating, this in NOT just another website. The people that share here are truly amazing to me. Stories like this remind me of how good my pitiful life was when I was feeling down and out. Thank you for sharing and providing me with some perspective!

Dude, the hair looks sick! I'm glad to see you make this post b/c the power of THP and its members is something else. Jeez man, you got me in tears over here in NC. It's a pleasure that you felt comfortable enough to open up to me and you know I'm holding you and your wife up in my thoughts and prayers. I know opening up like that makes a guy feel vulnerable but I truly believe it's what you needed. It's amazing how people come into our lives and I'm glad you came into mine. Stay strong brother and tell your wife that we're all rooting for her!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Thanks for sharing this heart warming story. I love your new mohawk! Such a cool thing to do for your wife and I'm know it makes her feel really special. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Wow! That is an amazing story! Thank you for sharing! I will be praying for your family to be healed! I'm very glad to head that your wife's numbers have now fallen to 0! I'm sure you and her have a wonderful support group, but I know we are all her to lend an ear (or a typing hand)! You're wife is very lucky to have a husband that gives so much support!

Thank you again for sharing this touching story, and I will continue to keep you in my prayers! Keep us updated!

Wow how did I miss this thread earlier. I walked in the computer room (office) in our house and KellyBo had that teary look. She told me about this thread and I just caught up. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your sweet wife. You look like such a loving couple and the way you look after her is special. It's great news she has received the <0 report.

The MoHawk is Hawt! I bet you could suit up in Wrestle Mania being such a big dude with the cool cut and whup some butt. Seriously it is great that you could fine relief in THP and the members here truly care about their own. Give your wife a big hug from THP and tell her we are sending good vibes your way! Looking forward to meeting you both at next years outing. :thumb:

This is a wonderful story and glad you shared it, best wishes and prayers to you and your family.

Back