Golf is still on hold up here and have already paid for this year’s membership so haven’t saved anything there. I had already bought a 4 wood and new hybrid before the C exploded. Due to the early spring, I’m sure the courses would have opened probably 2 weeks ago which would have been a month earlier than last year so would have spent some money in food and gas to get to course but the amount would be immaterial.

With my recent golf trips cancelled... Scottsdale, Augusta, Scotland... I have easily saved over $10k... so we are redoing the backyard instead.

I wouldn't have been playing locally if I were doing these trips so all my golf purchase decisions would be made during these trips only.

Hard to say. If I was out on the course would I still have bought the awesome training gear? I’m saving money on gas, but am I saving money on beer?

Saved money on gas but I've spent more money just wanting to buy golf stuff to keep me sane. I already had my season pass purchased so not saving any money missing out on rounds either. I've bought new Puma golf shoes, a SWAG headcover and because of all the rave reviews since the PGA merch show, I have also bought a Theragun. So I don't know if I've really saved any money :LOL:

I paid for a season pass before COVID-19. And if I can safety and legally play other places I am still comfortable paying greens fees. That said, I am far more financially cautious right now. Every expenditure gets a good hard consideration. My instinct right now is to hunker down and be prepared for unforeseen challenges. I might limit how much I play outside of my home course.

As to equipment, I had planned to revamp the entire bag this year. That's likely off the table. I can play just fine with my current clubs. I will keep playing preferred golf balls. If I got a point where I wasn't comfortable buying "premium" golf balls, I would probably just stop playing. The small difference in cost per dozen is trivial. If I got to that point, bigger $ issues would be driving decisions than a few bucks.

My brand new irons were on my doorstep along with snow;
by the time the snow went, we had a shelter in place order and our club was closed.
Not just the course...the club which was open all winter.

So far, both the irons and the annual dues could rather easily be classified as a good chunk of lost money.

The irony is that my club, fifteen or twenty minutes from my home, is in a state where courses were closed...and I'm not!
But I wouldn't take a chance on playing anyway. I'm in a high risk group.

It's probably around $200 or so for me in greens fees I didn't pay because I haven't played.

Things could take a turn for the worse here if I decide to look into a club building setup...

I can play in TN, so my Club Dues were renewed on 4/1... I’ve ordered Gloves and Balls for the season + I had a new Srixon H85 4 hybrid delivered today...

So I’m no help to the total.

Back