More Fitting Woes.

Scott F

I Putter Around
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
So I started golfing again after many years away. I’m 65 with a bad back. I wasn’t sure if I’d even be able to play at all. With that in mind, I didn’t want to spend a lot on clubs only to find I couldn’t use them. I bought a nice set of Nike Slingshot 4d irons with senior flex, graphite shafts. I had the clubs regripped with midsize grips. I’m hitting them pretty straight with good loft. The only problem is with my slower swing speed, distance is a problem. I know there are new clubs out there that will help me get the maximum amount of distance from the swing speed I have. Golf Galaxy in Orland Park, IL was on my way home from the course today so I went in hoping to order new irons. If the young kid who “helped” me with my fitting had known anything about using the launch monitor, had the proper shafts to test or how golf clubs work, they could have made a sale. I guess I got what I paid for. I paid nothing, and got nothing. I won’t make that mistake again.

Truly sorry but I hear you’re experience, unfortunately many here (myself included) have tales of woe of big box store fittings.

I’m still on the fence around the ‘specialty’ stores like Club Champion, True Spec Golf as they are walking the business model to big box and big box thinking.

Do you have a local course or pro shop where you could try out a smaller experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to laugh but that’s because it’s the same at our local GG. It’s more of a , I go to hit clubs rather than get fit.

Sorry to laugh but that’s because it’s the same at our local GG. It’s more of a , I go to hit clubs rather than get fit.

I have actually paid for the LM to keep them out
It was a dicks but I think it’s fair to lump them together

I have actually paid for the LM to keep them out
It was a dicks but I think it’s fair to lump them together

Yeah they are. I’ve been waiting 2.5 months for my fitting at CC because I want a real fitting.

Golf galaxy strikes again. Sorry to hear. They are pros at standard L/L/L.

If anybody knows of a good fitter in the Southwest Chicago suburbs, let me know. There is a Club Champion not too far from me, but I’ve heard too many negative reviews.

Yeah they are. I’ve been waiting 2.5 months for my fitting at CC because I want a real fitting.

I’ve had one and to be honest not that great (my experience only).

Had a Fujikura driver shaft fit and they could not find a single shaft that would beat my (at the time) 910 with Xcaliber TS6 (built myself) using a 917 head. They then grabbed the best performer and ‘built’ it for my 910 with a GP Align and I had to send it back twice coz when I put it in the grip was off by almost a quarter

Back