More women golfers..?

I haven't noticed any more than usual. There's always been a number of women at the course. I have noticed when I go to the local driving range there have more women. Some are obviously regular golfers. Some are beginners. The beginners are usually younger.

I play a course that serves primarily retirees. So yes I see mature ladies all the time with some of the young set. Some can surprise you. Pretty good golfers and with low handicaps. Got a young lady who finished 2nd in the drive, chip and putt championship.

Good Golfing.

I'm really short and this morning the golfer behind me seemed to be rushing me, so I sat down on a convenient bench overlooking the 2nd hole and watched their short game fall apart. I was going to let them play though but couldn't stomach the carnage, so I didn't wait for them to hole out and went ahead and played the 3rd hole. Not exactly sure what happened but I got a lot more breathing room after that.

Bogey or double on every hole for 45 on 9 holes. About 1-1/4 hours to play the round.

Last edited:
I saw three more women playing today. I’m seeing more now days than ever. Hope they are enjoying it.

There's a LITTLE uptick in women playing at my home course but not much. I know one thing, if I want to catch that rare quick 9 after work It's going to be on a Tuesday afternoon (women's league). I'll actually get my 9 holes in. Never on Thursday (men's league) as I'll be lucky to get 6 holes in. And, no, it has nothing to do with the number of groups. Both leagues have a pretty equal number of players.

I don't see a lot more women on the course, but I do see the game being played by a lot of high school girls. Maybe that is only because a couple of the courses I've belonged to in the last several years have been the sites for HS girl tournaments. Those tournaments seem to have some fairly large fields.

Back