Morgan Cup Entry Videos - What Do I Need To Know?

And also, it's got to be one of the specified products as well. Hopefully everyone caught that in the OP.

Yep, we caught that. He just happened to be holding his driver when he decided "off the cuff" to do his MC audition video. It would have been fine had he not held it up during the video. Haha.

while true, you can use it at as a prop, I thought atleast? I remember JB saying that somewhere..?
It doesn't have to be the exact club

It actually says this:

Do I have to buy the products to have them in my video when I am shooting the promo?
Absolutely not. You can use props, not use props and it will not be part of the overall score in judging your video submission.

Where I was going was that if you were doing a promo for Bridgestone, it has to be balls, not one of their other products. I suppose you could use any driver and pass it off as a Callaway driver. But maybe not, depends on what would be considered a prop, I guess.

I originally skimmed the first post some and was going to make a promo on Cleveland, since I already have the HB3 iron set. Then I looked and saw that it's Cleveland wedges.

ohhhh okay sorry my bad!

I had a dream that I woke up to pm from golfergal saying not to worry about the videos, that I had been preselected for the mc2.0. It was incredibly realistic.

I'm stressin over these vids. And I just woke up TOTALLY disappointed.

I had a dream that I woke up to pm from golfergal saying not to worry about the videos, that I had been preselected for the mc2.0. It was incredibly realistic.

I'm stressin over these vids. And I just woke up TOTALLY disappointed.

Lol that would be nice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

With my entry the bar is set pretty low so relax and have fun with it!

With my entry the bar is set pretty low so relax and have fun with it!
Cant think that way, griff. Have to be confident in yourself, I am sure your videos were great.

Cant think that way, griff. Have to be confident in yourself, I am sure your videos were great.

Where were you before I shot my vid! Just kiddin. Can't wait to see all the submissions. Suspense is killing me already. Will be an entertaining 12/3!

Came up with with promo idea this morning so should be set for both video's! Now I just need the time to make 'em................

*$*%*#*#*#@@***(((@*##!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 30 second videos are uploading to 31 second videos on YouTube!!!! They are tight as can be. Going to edit in YouTube, that may solve the problem....it better or I'm gonna cry like a baby girl. Word of advice, give yourself an extra second.

I am having the same problem Griff! It is frustrating, and I have a message out to GG about it. I really hope I don't have to start over, but I will if that's what she tells me.

I'm reading about people who are having trouble keeping their videos to 30 seconds.

My question is, are you trying to make them as close to 30 seconds as you can, and maybe adding some stuff that could actually hinder you? I mean, just because you are allowed 30 seconds, doesn't mean you have to use the whole amount. Has anyone scripted what they wanted to say, done a video and said "that's only 23 seconds, it needs to be longer."?

Sometimes less is more, especially if you are struggling to make it exactly 30 seconds.

I did script mine out, and actually had to cut a few things to get under 30.

Very kind of you to allow us a couple seconds of oops time for our lack of editing skills. Thank you, from all of us who are stressing over how to get that extra second or two cut out.

I hope this holds true, because it took me a couple of hours to make my first 30 second video. Like I said though, if I have to start over, so be it.

Very kind of you to allow us a couple seconds of oops time for our lack of editing skills. Thank you, from all of us who are stressing over how to get that extra second or two cut out.

I want to make sure to clarify, it's not Oops time that I am saying OK to, I am saying that if someone is alone and has to start/stop the camera on their own, I will not penalize them for those seconds it takes to hit start and sit down and then walk to the camera and hit stop. If someone doesn't have the editing skills to cut that out, I won't hold that against them, but if you are talking and your talk time goes over the 30 seconds, then your video will be disqualified. I hope that makes more sense.

I want to make sure to clarify, it's not Oops time that I am saying OK to, I am saying that if someone is alone and has to start/stop the camera on their own, I will not penalize them for those seconds it takes to hit start and sit down and then walk to the camera and hit stop. If someone doesn't have the editing skills to cut that out, I won't hold that against them, but if you are talking and your talk time goes over the 30 seconds, then your video will be disqualified. I hope that makes more sense.

It does GG, and thank you for responding so quickly to my PM. After your response, I went to editing school, and cut out a small pause. That put me under the 30 second mark, so my intro video is done now, and the promo should be shot on Monday.

Makes perfect sense GG. Thanks for clarifying that.

My main issue was I had things edited to 30 secs on my computer, but YouTube says it's 31 seconds. Not sure how they round up or down Took it to 29.86 seconds in their trimming tool and I still couldn't get the video to show up at 30 seconds, still said 31.

Its all good. Just be sure to give yourself some wiggle room everyone.

Man I'm pretty excited about this. I can't wait for you guys to see my videos... Just so you guys can see the awesomeness that is "THE BULLFROG".

I will be doing my promo video today or tomorrow... It's going to be fun...

Good stuff bullfrog! Feels oh so good to have mine done.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Still need to find time to finish these up. I'm so lookig forward to seeing everyone's vids!

Im excited for all the people that are coming in here and saying "Ive finished my videos". Its going to be a good crowd in SC!!

Cant wait to finish mine up!!

Im excited for all the people that are coming in here and saying "Ive finished my videos". Its going to be a good crowd in SC!!

Cant wait to finish mine up!!

I'm very excited that everyone seems to be wrapping up their videos!

We're on the same page, not to worry. Oops time is, "oops I can't edit out the part of me hitting record and then running back in front of the camera"

We're on the same page, not to worry. Oops time is, "oops I can't edit out the part of me hitting record and then running back in front of the camera"

Here is a quick video on editing. Even easier, if you are on your YouTube page, bring up your videos. There is an EDIT VIDEO button for every video on your list. All you have to do is move the sliders on each end where you want it. I included a couple of screen shots of this after the video. It's not real fancy but it works well.

72edf382.jpg
d24083fb.jpg

Last edited:
editing through youtube is pretty easy like Smalls just showed. Esp if you are just taking some time off the beginning/end to get it to 30 seconds.

Thats good advice there Smalls. I find that Windows movie maker is so easy to use and edit just about any video's, although I have never tried using YouTube to do it.

Here is a quick video on editing. Even easier, if you are on your YouTube page, bring up your videos. There is an EDIT VIDEO button for every video on your list. All you have to do is move the sliders on each end where you want it. I included a couple of screen shots of this after the video. It's not real fancy but it works well.

72edf382.jpg
d24083fb.jpg

Huh! Never knew that existed. I feel like a dunce now lol

Less than a week to go! Can't wait to see all of these videos.

Back