Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

I shot a 44 in league yesterday. I started off with a triple bogey on a hole I should never get less than bogey on. Holding a club in my hand felt completely foreign to me and I didn't have a chance to warm up. after a few swings, I started feeling much better. I am hitting a lot more greens than I used to, but my proxcimity to the hole is not great. My putting is coming around as well, but I still have a lot of work to do on that front. I have played several rounds that should have been in the 70's, but my putting absolutely killed me. I would say that most of my game is around a 10 handicap, but my putting is around an 18 handicap.

Mens league tonight, but its a rainy day out there and I'm not sure that i want to go out there and play. If it stops raining I will play as it is not windy, but if this keeps up, I'm just going to putt in my office all day.

SethO keep at it man, just spend some time on the greens and get some confidence and those putts will start falling.

I am hitting the range tonight after work if the rain stops. Really working on getting my swing wider and turning more around my spine through the second half of my backswing. Also trying to stop my front knee from buckling. I never even realized I did it so it is hard to stop.

An hour and a half of practice for me today. 40 min. at the range, another 20 min. chipping and 30 min. putting. I am happy with most of my game right now but need to get dialed in off the tee and around the green. Putter was working well and I drained several 12 footers.

More golf for me today. I'm still not converting GIRs into birdies but I'm getting so much closer. I'm working really hard on trusting my new putter. I've been a mallet man fir a while now but I'm getting along great with the blade. It makes me wonder if it wasn't meant to be. I rolled the ball really good on some stupid fast greens so that's nice. I need to work on getting out of the gates fast and hot. That's what I want to focus on for a few weeks. Attacking from the start.

More golf for me today. I'm still not converting GIRs into birdies but I'm getting so much closer. I'm working really hard on trusting my new putter. I've been a mallet man fir a while now but I'm getting along great with the blade. It makes me wonder if it wasn't meant to be. I rolled the ball really good on some stupid fast greens so that's nice. I need to work on getting out of the gates fast and hot. That's what I want to focus on for a few weeks. Attacking from the start.

that's something I've been working on. I seem to always walk off the 1st hole lately with either a bogey or double. It'd be nice to get off to a good start through 4 or 5 holes, instead of trying to make something happen to keep it respectable

that's something I've been working on. I seem to always walk off the 1st hole lately with either a bogey or double. It'd be nice to get off to a good start through 4 or 5 holes, instead of trying to make something happen to keep it respectable

Yeah, I don't like having to make up strokes. I want a buffer.

I have been the exact opposite. I start at or under par for the first three or four holes and then the wheels come off a bit.

An hour and a half of practice for me today. 40 min. at the range, another 20 min. chipping and 30 min. putting. I am happy with most of my game right now but need to get dialed in off the tee and around the green. Putter was working well and I drained several 12 footers.
Good job buddy, keep it up!

My prep starts here in about 20 minutes. Leaving work to get ready to head out to defend my title as BustaBall captain. I hope to be able to post a new picture of me and my team hoisting the cup. Have a great rest of your week/weekend everyone!

My prep starts here in about 20 minutes. Leaving work to get ready to head out to defend my title as BustaBall captain. I hope to be able to post a new picture of me and my team hoisting the cup. Have a great rest of your week/weekend everyone!

good luck in the butterball classic jake!

Safe travels Jake, bring that trophy home!

--
Tapatalk2

Good luck Jake.

I have been the exact opposite. I start at or under par for the first three or four holes and then the wheels come off a bit.

well crap we should team up then. You carry me for the first 4, we can rock the next 10, and I'll carry you the final 4.

well crap we should team up then. You carry me for the first 4, we can rock the next 10, and I'll carry you the final 4.

Sounds like a winning strategy!

SethO keep at it man, just spend some time on the greens and get some confidence and those putts will start falling.

Thanks CB! I am definitely going to spend some quality time on the putting greens the next couple months.

Thanks guys, ddec I hope to bring that butter ball home and cook that baby up...dang, doesn't turkey dinner sound really good right now? Like a full Thanksgiving feast. Yum!

Thanks guys, ddec I hope to bring that butter ball home and cook that baby up...dang, doesn't turkey dinner sound really good right now? Like a full Thanksgiving feast. Yum!

crap now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot Jake

crap now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot Jake
You're the one...butter ball!

I'm really interested to see how the Bettinardi will hold up under some pressure this weekend. I roll it alright when nothing is on the line but this will be a good test. I suspect it'll be great. I'll envision my match winning putt vs. Jrod and CB in last year's MC.

just think no cameras around, you can let your voice be heard this time haha

I was going to play after my range session today, but there was a tourney going on. Instead I went to the short game area and worked on mid range pitches (40-60 yards) and the sand. I have to practice sand shots to stay on top of it or I suck it up. I just have to remember to open my stance and follow the path of my feet. It's amazing how easy it really is, but if I don't practice I just forget it.

Pitching practice was awesome. We have two short game practice greens with different flags. They are about 50 yards apart. I went to one and hit off the shorter grass near it to the other green and tried to get close to the different pins. Worked on high/low shots. Also buried a bunch of balls in the rough on different lies. I've never really had the ability to practice some of these shots, so I have to take advantage of what I have access to now.

In all, good day. Range session was pretty good. Caught a case of the shanks for about 15 balls, but fought through them and got it back.

Going to play tomorrow and hit the putting green!!!! Big week for improvement!!

my prep today was stinking up the whole course.....I suck at golf.

my prep today was stinking up the whole course.....I suck at golf.

The season is young my man and tomorrow is a new day full with birdie attempts!!

The season is young my man and tomorrow is a new day full with birdie attempts!!

I think I had one birdie attempt all day and I left it short like the sucky golfer I am

Back