Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

I think I had one birdie attempt all day and I left it short like the sucky golfer I am

Positive thoughts teammate!! I allow myself 20 minutes of reflection after a crappy round, 20 minutes to be as pissed at myself as I feel is needed. Then I look to tomorrow to get better.

Positive thoughts teammate!! I allow myself 20 minutes of reflection after a crappy round, 20 minutes to be as pissed at myself as I feel is needed. Then I look to tomorrow to get better.

I reflected....I still sucked

Chin up Tim!

Sent via Tapatalk

We'd probably make for a good match.

Sent via Tapatalk

We'd probably make for a good match.

Sent via Tapatalk

I may suck worse than you...I barely broke triple digits today....9 penalty strokes.....4 three putts..it was ugly

That would probably be an awesome match.

Sent via Tapatalk

Bad golf days happen Tim. At least we were out there golfing. I think a blow up round can be a good motivator.

That would probably be an awesome match.

Sent via Tapatalk

Would be fun. Though youd back out at the last second haha

Bad golf days happen Tim. At least we were out there golfing. I think a blow up round can be a good motivator.

I agree with that. I feel like crap-ola for a bit but it really does give me motivation.

Sent via Tapatalk

says the guy that shot 74 today ...LOL

I know bro, I appreciate it...it's just really frustrating..last week I was hitting all my tee shots right down the middle with a little baby draw....now I hit one OOB to the left and the next OOB to the right, then I drop kick one....where's Yorkem...I need a keyboard to break!!

At least the viewer would have plenty of shots to watch.

Sent via Tapatalk

This is true.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

I like that matchup a lot. Ddec and tbt vs cool breeze and hawk vs chunkylover and Yorkem

I like that matchup a lot. Ddec and tbt vs cool breeze and hawk vs chunkylover and Yorkem

Yay I was starting to feel like a leper

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

At least chunky and yorkem could watch a good match.

My greatest moment will be the 1st hole in our match when you realize you stand no chance.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

At least chunky and yorkem could watch a good match.
That's true, chunky would have to work on his club twirling.

Played in league play tonight after playing 18 and working on my chipping and putting. Shot an 88 for the 18. The Bridgestone J40 is coming a long nicely for me. Plus while practice chipping I have been working on another chip method to add to my bag. I'm starting to like it. Just need to get the feel down.

During league I won. The guy I played had to give me 5 strokes. I played ok shot a 45. But he didn't. So I beat him by 5 plus the 5 he was suppose to give me. I was pretty happy with it. It rained the whole 9 during league with about 15 mph wind. So I can live with that. It was a lot better than the 40* weather with rain and 30 mph winds we played in over the weekend. LOL

I putted pretty well all day today. I really didn't keep track but I only had 1-3 putt all day for the 27 holes. A smooth stroke with Betti keeps the ball on line.

Tomorrow I'm going to get some more work in with the J40 at the range plus get some iron work in too. Then on Friday at lunch going to work on chipping some more. FUN FUN FUN...

Another very windy day here in Indiana, and some drizzle all day as well. Today I just worked on the short game for a little while. These Callaway Forged wedges are really getting me excited around the greens. I have a lot more confidence that I can get up and down if I miss the green on my approach. Whether I am just off and I am doing a tricky pitch and run, or whether I have to hit a flop shot I now step up to the ball knowing I can do it because I have been able to do it so many times so easily with these wedges. I used to step up to tricky pitches and chips with some doubt in my mind, but these wedges are really helping change the mental aspect of my short game along with the performance.

went out tonight and was literally the only person on the course! so i had lots of room for practice shots and a good opportunity to compare the Z-Star to the XV. hit 2 or 3 shots per shot, so to speak and was really trying to perfect my driver swing. also took time to hit lots of putts from many different distances on the 17th and 18th green.

I may suck worse than you...I barely broke triple digits today....9 penalty strokes.....4 three putts..it was ugly
You need days like that make you work harder. You learn a lot about yourself after a round like that. I blew up the last two holes of a match I had locked up last week. It's not something I am used to, but something that made me reflect, get back on the range and then I redeemed myself by birding the first two holes of my next round and then finishing strong with a win.

Back