Morgan Cup Travel Plans

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Well my Fellow Morgan Cuppers its getting close to the time we are all going to be arriving in South Carolina for the Morgan Cup, and I wanted to start a thread where we could quickly and easily see what everyones travel plans were. I am booking my flights today or tomorrow and I just wanted to see when and where everyone was flying into and on what dates.

So far I am looking on flying in on wednesday evening and flying out on monday morning. I'm not sure however if I should fly into Charleston, or if I should fly into Myrtle Beach, its clearly quite a bit more to get into Myrtle Beach.

So what are your travel dates and times?

We will also use this thread to track who is playing on Thursday so we can setup tee times, etc.

Thursday golf planning:

Morning - True Blue:

Group 1 - 8:06
mcook77
Chunkylover77
TC
Yoccos

Group 2 - 8:15
puttin4bird
tnolan
ddec
dhjkelly

Group 3 - 8:24
yorkem
TBT
SW
Bullfrog

Group 4 - 8:33
One-T
Howzat
ghsace
*open

Group 5 - 8:42
biggsy
SethO
SharkWrestler
*open

Afternoon - Caledonia

Group 1 - 1:51
TC
coolbreeze
Arydolphin
Arydolphin's dad

Group 2 - 2:00
dhjkelly
mcook77
SW
War Eagle

Group 3 - 2:09
puttin4bird
Hanks
TBT
Howzat

Group 4 - 2:18
ddec
Yoccos
One-T
FrankA

Group 5 - 2:27
Chunkylover77
INgolfer
INgolfer's brother
Trout Bum

Group 6 - 2:36
biggsy
bullfrog
Sharkwrestler
*open

Flight Info:

Tuesday arrivals

dhjkelly & girlfriend (Regina) - 9:28PM (Cookie picking up)

Wednesday arrivals

ghsace - 7 AM
Puttin4bird - 12:15 PM (ddec picking up)
TripleBogieTim - 4:20 PM (riding with Howzat)
Howzat - 4:30 PM (renting Suburban)

Thursday arrivals

War Eagle - 9:25 AMArydolphin - 10:45 AM (with wife & renting car)
Hanks - 10:45 AM
Coolbreeze - 10:45 AM
Smallville - 3:24 PM
Hawk - 4:30 PM

Monday departures

Coolbreeze - 9:36 AM
Hanks - 9:36 AM
dhjkelly & girlfriend (Regina) - 11:20AM (need ride to airport)
Smallville 11:20 AM (need ride to airport)
Jake - 12:45 PM
TBT - 5:05 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Not certain yet when I'm getting into MB. I've got family and friends in the area so I might make a week of it and slide down to chucktown to see some folks for a day. Definitely leaving out on Monday sometime though.

It's something like and hour and a half from Charleston to True Blue so if it saves you a good sum of money it may be worth it if some transportation can be arranged.

Not certain yet when I'm getting into MB. I've got family and friends in the area so I might make a week of it and slide down to chucktown to see some folks for a day. Definitely leaving out on Monday sometime though.

It's something like and hour and a half from Charleston to True Blue so if it saves you a good sum of money it may be worth it if some transportation can be arranged.
Its $154 difference to fly into and out of Myrtle Beach instead of Charleston. If its an hour and a half drive then its probably worth the extra cashola!

Its $154 difference to fly into and out of Myrtle Beach instead of Charleston. If its an hour and a half drive then its probably worth the extra cashola!

Yeah I'd pay that to not have to worry about transportation etc etc. The drive can be made in less time but no sense in having to worry about that if you don't need to.

Here's mine. My flights have been set since January 18.

I need someone to pick me up on Thursday and drop me off on Monday!

Depart: Kansas City, MO to Myrtle Beach, SC

Depart: Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:15 AM MCI
Arrive: Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:55 PM MYR

Return: Myrtle Beach, SC to Kansas City, MO

Depart: Monday, July 30, 2012 11:15 AM MYR
Arrive: Monday, July 30, 2012 2:37 PM MCI

I change planes in Charlotte each way.

Thanks Smalls, if I book the flights I think I am, I will be flying out of Myrtle Beach at 11:35 so we can work something out.

Here's mine. My flights have been set since January 18.

I need someone to pick me up on Thursday and drop me off on Monday!

Depart: Kansas City, MO to Myrtle Beach, SC

Depart: Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:15 AM MCI
Arrive: Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:55 PM MYR

Return: Myrtle Beach, SC to Kansas City, MO

Depart: Monday, July 30, 2012 11:15 AM MYR
Arrive: Monday, July 30, 2012 2:37 PM MCI

I change planes in Charlotte each way.

Have fun on the puddle jumper from CLT to MB, made that flight a few times and I swear it was up and right back down. Grab a bojangles biscuit in the terminal in Charlotte, you can thank me later.

It's a half an hour from the airport to True Blue, depending on traffic. Which probably won't be too bad in mid summer so you might get 25 minutes. It would be like an hour and a half, maybe a little less, from Charleston to TB. So ask yourself... 20 bucks in gas and an extra hour of driving time, or 150 bucks extra for a flight and a third of the driving time?

It's a half an hour from the airport to True Blue, depending on traffic. Which probably won't be too bad in mid summer so you might get 25 minutes. It would be like an hour and a half, maybe a little less, from Charleston to TB. So ask yourself... 20 bucks in gas and an extra hour of driving time, or 150 bucks extra for a flight and a third of the driving time?
Don't forget the cost of renting a car for 4+ days if you don't fly into Myrtle Beach.

Wednesday, July 25
Flight:Delta 4898 Operated by ExpressJet Airlines
Departs:3:03 pm from Atlanta, Georgia
Arrives:4:30 pm at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Monday, July 30
Flight:Delta 5498 Operated by ExpressJet Airlines
Departs:2:10 pm from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Arrives:3:33 pm at Atlanta, Georgia

I rented a Suburban to help get people around town as well.

Driving down sometime on Tuesday. Not sure if I want to leave early enough to get a round in that day

Don't forget the cost of renting a car for 4+ days if you don't fly into Myrtle Beach.

Don't you have to rent anyway? Or would you take a taxi the whole time? Now that I think about it I don't remember seeing any taxis down there. But I'm sure they're there.

Tmex and I are driving in Wednesday night. I tried to bring our Odyssey so I could tote folks around but that ain't happening.

I will be driving down weds night. Get there Thursday morning/afternoon. I will probably stop along the way and sleep somewhere. Its 13 hours so I may split it up.

I will be leaving Indiana Wednesday evening after work and trying to drive straight through. Should be there early Thursday afternoon and plan on playing a practice round. I am driving out Monday Morning sometime, don't have a set time I am doing that. I will have 3 in my car but if my wife doesn't pack too many suitcases I have no problem picking anyone up from the airport on my way through if someone needs a ride.

Reality is just around the corner. Love it! You guys gotta be beyond ready to start the MC. I'm pumped to follow along, can't imagine what you're all going through.

We will be arriving in MB airport at 8.30pm Tuesday. Gonna get a cab to TB. Flying out on Monday around 11am I think !!!

Arriving around 4:30 on Thursday. Hopefully I can snag a ride from somebody. I leave at 6:45am on Monday.

Wife and I will be leaving TX on Tuesday morning and arriving by noon at the latest on Wednesday.
Departure will be on Monday morning.

Likely do a little range session on Wednesday and just hang out as people begin to arrive. Plan is to get familiar with both courses on Thursday.

Wife and I will be leaving TX on Tuesday morning and arriving by noon at the latest on Wednesday.
Departure will be on Monday morning.

Likely do a little range session on Wednesday and just hang out as people begin to arrive. Plan is to get familiar with both courses on Thursday.

Wow Cookie that's a very good idea hehe

I'm kinda sad I'm not getting there til Thursday, wish I could be there to see everyone else arrive. Glad everyone will be there to see me arrive though! :act-up:

As of right now my plan is to drive down Tuesday and get within a few hours of MB. Then finish the rest of the drive on Weds AM.

Wow Cookie that's a very good idea hehe

I thought so as well, ha. Adjusted my plans to spend more time with you! :act-up:

Thursday 26th
Philly to Charlotte
6:30am to 8:10am

Charlotte to Myrtle Beach
9:45am to 10:45am

Monday 30th
Myrtle Beach to Charlotte
9:36am to 10:41am

Charlotte to Philly
1:05pm to 2:36pm

oh forgot to mention, I will be leaving early Monday as I plan on making the drive straight back

Back