Most Changed Club in Your Bag?

It’s been the putter recently over the years, mainly due to winning contests on THP. I bought one in 2017 based on reviews here but currently have 2 putters in rotation, so that’s always changing round to round. Guessing wedges would be in a close second.

Driver...I blame marketing and the quest for distance. This quest has always faulted the arrow and never the Indian. Obviously that is wrong.

Driver and wedges.

used to be driver but it is putter right now.

Definitely driver. I hate putting so it’s hard for me to get too excited about that, and after a while I get so comfortable with a set of irons that it’s hard for me to let them go. Driver of the month club? Sign me up. I know I won’t be much better or longer but they’re fun to play with.

Normally wedges, sometimes driver, but since I'm kind of in love with those lately it's been the hybrid/driving iron. I change them based on the course I'm playing and the shots I expect.

Putter for sure! Could it be that I am a club Ho, or I just can’t find one I like?
Afterall it’s not the Indian, it’s the arrow!

I have been on a driver kick the last couple of years.

The putter is the thing that gets flipped the most. I am coming up on a year with the current putter which is an eternity.

If a bad stretch of happens I will make a change to get a different look.

Used to be the putter but now that it’s not I’m gonna go with the sand wedge/lob wedge area

Probably putter right now as I am searching for something and trying new things. Also experimenting with the top end of my bag. If not for that I say I probably switch out all clubs equally.

Probably driver. I think it’s natural to always think there’s something out 5ere that’ll reduce dispersion and increase distance. I think I’ve finally learned to stop thinking that way, though the temptation can be strong.

Right now, for me, it's 3W. I'll be on my 2nd one in a year once the M4 3W HL shows up. There are only a couple of holes on my home course that I would really need to pull it but I find as I travel to other courses around the state that it could be a real weapon if I can find one that I can get along with. I have an Epic 3W, currently but that thing just wants to sit closed for me no matter how I set it. It's nothing but a hook machine for me.

Found an M4 3W HL in mint condition on the bay for $69.00. I figured I'd give it a whirl at that price point.

This year I've gone through four putters already lol so at this moment, putter has nod. But I think I have found the one in a Toulon Chicago so hopefully that revolving door is done spinning

For my bag, it is whatever club is taking that Hybrid/Utility/Long Iron Slot. Just haven't been able to find something that fits in that slot that I have any confidence in.

Putter. Partly because I can't putt, and partly because the market is flooded with them so they're easy to get for cheap used.

Wedges three times in 4 years and putter is a lot more but I’ve only had two putters in there long term .

Iron set.
I just love trying out different sets.
Shiny forged to game improvement. And go back other way around.
Love picking up used iron sets and playing around few months and exchange it to different set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the club I want to go 190-200. That’s been between an iron and 2 hybrids depending on how I’m feeling.

3 wood, not comfortable with many. Can only name 3 that’s I’ve liked

For the last 6 months it has been irons, now on set #4. But I have found what I'm looking for and I'm trying to stick with them.

I have two sets of wedges. One set has a much wider sole area than the other.

Depending on turf conditions, I might switch out one, or two of the wedges, temporarily.

Example might be the wider soles to be used in wetter conditions. Less chance of a fat shot. Maybe the type sand in a bunker might have me using the wider sole.

Obviously, this is not a permanent change of clubs, as I don't usually change out a club by it's self. (only if damaged, and unplayable) If, and when I change a club, it's usually the whole set.

Wedges ... I like them.

Hmmm, Bettinardi just came out with a new one...

Typically wedges followed closely by driver. Recent experience though was putter, bought an Odyssey SL 10 late last year after season ended but before even played had ordered a new Toulon blade putter although still waiting for delivery, 5 weeks now ☹️.

Back