Most forgiving 3 wood for a mid-high handicap

ermaten

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 3 wood from 2006 with a tiny head and outdated tech. Was never able to hit it well. I'm still a little erratic in my swing and some days it's working some days it's not. But while I continue to work on my swing I do want to purchase a new 3 wood, one that's great for those who have mishits and is forgiving. What is the best suggestion? I've heard the Titleist TS2, Cobra F-Max and Taylormade SIM MAX. Any advice would be appreciated!

Forgiving? I’d look hard at the Cleveland Launcher HB. Easy to launch, SUPER forgiving, and affordable.

I have a 20 HC. I would give a serious look at the Cobra F9 3W. It comes with the "Even I can hit it off the deck" guarantee. Plus they're cheaper now that the SZ models have come out. Get yours in Arctic White today!

The most forgiving 3-wood for those who struggle with this club is imo the 5-wood. I know many low markers (including me) who will choose the 5-wood if there is any doubt regarding the 3-wood.
Confidence breeds success, success breeds confidence in golf.

Ping G410 SFT
Callaway Mavrik Max
Larger head. Shallower face. Both built for launch.

I recently put a 3W back in my bag after a 2 year absence. Callaway Epic Flash, got it during their recent pre-owned sale. It's made a major improvement on my fairway hits and my missed are getting better because it's so forgiving.

Another possibility is a 19 degree hybrid. If you're having difficulty making good contact, the shorter length and higher loft of this club might be the ticket. But in all honesty, I stop my hybrids at 21 degrees because I can hit that 205 yds carry and it's reliable. For me it goes as far as a 5W. Some people prefer a 5W. The reason I carry a 3W is that I also use it off the tee.

I’m currently around an 18. I’m having good success this season, so far, with the Cobra Speedzone 3 wood. I’m playing it at 14.5 and really have no problems hitting it off the fairway.

Hogan GS53 4w gets my vote. I play off a 23 and it’s easily my most consistent club

I recently put a 3W back in my bag after a 2 year absence. Callaway Epic Flash, got it during their recent pre-owned sale. It's made a major improvement on my fairway hits and my missed are getting better because it's so forgiving.
Lol I did the same thing. Waiting on a like new one.

callaway mavrik max. stupid forgiving.

Price and forgiveness... G400/410 and Cleveland Launcher ... Great forgiving clubs. Got an 09 launcher still in my bag... Maybe i should follow suit and upgrade.

I've been thinking of picking up a 3w for a while. My bank account does not like this thread right now.

Forgiving? I’d look hard at the Cleveland Launcher HB. Easy to launch, SUPER forgiving, and affordable.

This

callaway mavrik max. stupid forgiving.

Same here. Worst Fairway metal player ever!! Mavrix Max 3 is just different animal. I’ve seen longer hitting 3 wood but Max is easiest to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m using a high-lofted three wood (16.5 degree) that has had the shaft cut down to a 5 wood length. I have hit a couple of nice shots with it and am planning on using it a lot this season.

I found some at ridiculous prices online. The son may have a new 5w in his bag...

I found some at ridiculous prices online. The son may have a new 5w in his bag...
All they want to do is launch and go straight. Was a hoot to review.

All they want to do is launch and go straight. Was a hoot to review.
Easier/more forgiving than the Mav Max?

Easier/more forgiving than the Mav Max?
Yes. Higher launch, more spin, more forgiving. Does t have the same distance potential as the Mav Max, but distance wasn’t part of the OP’s question

Back