Most Forgiving Driver for Under $200?

Double Drops

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking for a different driver. I'd be in the mid-/high-handicap range so I'm looking for a driver that's very forgiving and won't break the bank at the same time. Any suggestions?

I'm a big fan of Callaway Golf Preowned. You can pick up last year's Rogue driver for under $200. Here is a link to the draw version if you need some slice correction. If not, their standard version is around the same price.

Cobra F8.

Go find a nice used XR16. Won't break the bank and an insanely good driver still.

Go find a nice used XR16. Won't break the bank and an insanely good driver still.

This was my first thought. Loved this driver

I would suggest looking at whatever Ping G series fits your swing and budget.

Callaway Pre Owned is hard to beat. The Ping G series popped to mind also.

The Ben Hogan GS53 has gotten great reviews from THPers who have played them, and the no charge shaft options are really great.

Budget Golf has Cobra F8 drivers for $180 and Tour Edge HL4 drivers for $200. Then, you get 15% off with the THP code. I was going to say the Cleveland Launcher HB, but they're gonr except for Ladies flex.

The Tour Edge Exotics EXS is the most forgiving driver I have ever played. It is $250 brand new and I am sure a used one could be had cheaper.

You should be able to find a Ping G400 Max in good condition for under $200 on ebay.

Check out the price on a Ping GSFT. That's a very forgiving and accurate driver.

TaylorMade SLDR .... just kidding. I agree with others about the Ping G series, Callaway XR and Rogue lines.

Tour Edge HL4 is within your budget and they are nice clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ping g400 max all The way

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You should be able to find a Ping G400 Max in good condition for under $200 on ebay.

Since the OP specifically mentioned 'forgiving' I second-a thousand this ^.

picked up a new F8 for $159....a little less with the discount.

Budget Golf has Cobra F8 drivers for $180 and Tour Edge HL4 drivers for $200. Then, you get 15% off with the THP code. I was going to say the Cleveland Launcher HB, but they're gonr except for Ladies flex.
My Cobra F8 from Budget will be here Monday. With the THP discount, it was $158 with free shipping. Great deal and it is new, not used, so it includes the head cover and wrench.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would look at the callaway xr16 or the callaway fusion. The callaway fusion also has a “heavy” version which is an 1” shorter. That’s my gamer, and it’s insanely forgiving and only a few years old. I got mine on CPO for around $150.

I'm looking for a different driver. I'd be in the mid-/high-handicap range so I'm looking for a driver that's very forgiving and won't break the bank at the same time. Any suggestions?

If you are military, veteran or first responder check out PXG for Heroes. Best deal going right now. I just got this yesterday:
c02890413a9e7486f903d16b41b39193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back