Most fun you have had playing golf

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My story is about a group of 8 of us that have gone away for a long weekend for 30 years...Starting about 10 years ago we have had a scramble match for dinner as a side bet to the overall match play ...What is great about this is that we play this match as an 8some. 4 vs 4 scramble as one group. We usually play at the end of day. 9 holes and it always comes down to the last hole. Every player must have a drive used and often come the last hole someone hasn't used a drive and their drive has to be used. It is such a blast and the momentum shifts and trash talk is insane.

Always with friends. The Grandaddy last year takes the cake though. Just so much fun with good friends I’d just met.

It would either be one of the three
  • The Gauntlet a few years ago at We Ko Pa
  • THP Championship at TPC LAS Vegas a few years ago
  • THP Championship at Disney a few years ago.
Notice a trend there...

I love THP events. It’s been a bummer not attending one this year.

Notice a trend there...

That one is up there for me, but I think it's edged out by the Ultimate Gathering last year at Grand Cypress. I definitely will be trying for a THP event next year. Morgan Cup or Grandaddy at the top of the list.

That one is up there for me, but I think it's edged out by the Ultimate Gathering last year at Grand Cypress. I definitely will be trying for a THP event next year. Morgan Cup or Grandaddy at the top of the list.
7th hole New Course Grand Cypress my first hole in one...Love that place.

Notice a trend there...

Pretty good list.
Going to be a fun 2020.

Always with friends. The Grandaddy last year takes the cake though. Just so much fun with good friends I’d just met.

Those courses, that group, that event. Nothing like it in the world and it can’t be duplicated.

Me, @ArmyGolf and @J4U played a total goat track course outside of Dallas before the 1st Hogan event. We had 3 clubs between us. It was insanely fun

Last edited:
Me and a couple of THPers played a total goat track course outside of Dallas before the 1st Hogan event. We had 3 clubs between us. It was insanely fun
The last year they had the GHO now Travelers at Wethersfield CC I marshalled along with a bunch of buds....We were partying right after the finish and a bunch of us grabbed some of my clubs..One each and we entered the course walking by an 18 yr old kid all of us wearing our marshall uniforms and we told him we were going to audit the course...We played a 4 hole loop 9/10/11/8 ….That was nuts.

It's too tough to pick one so I'll give my top 3.

- Last year's Grandaddy. I had such a blast, it was such a great group of people from both sides and something I'll never, ever forget. Getting to spend the days golfing with @dazeedmonds and @rogt along with the ZooCrew was perfection.
- My first THP event, #TheCup, in Myrtle Beach. The team I was lucky enough to be on was such a fun group of guys and I've been blessed to call them great friends ever since. I had a ton of fun on the course with @dazeedmonds those days.
- Tampa Bay a couple years ago. The weather sucked but again it comes down to the people and I got to play three rounds with people that I really enjoyed being around (which happen to be people I met through THP).

- Last year's Grandaddy. I had such a blast, it was such a great group of people from both sides and something I'll never, ever forget. Getting to spend the days golfing with @dazeedmonds and @rogt along with the ZooCrew was perfection.
- My first THP event, #TheCup, in Myrtle Beach. The team I was lucky enough to be on was such a fun group of guys and I've been blessed to call them great friends ever since. I had a ton of fun on the course with @dazeedmonds those days.
- Tampa Bay a couple years ago. The weather sucked but again it comes down to the people and I got to play three rounds with people that I really enjoyed being around (which happen to be people I met through THP).
I assumed the Grandaddy was a given :)

I see a common factor in your fun trips.

me!!
??

1. Myrtle Beach playing in the THP #TheCup. Great group on both teams, amazing experience, transformed what I wanted from golf. @brianmk24 was the perfect partner.
2. Playing in Colorado with a group of THPers. Bear Creek. Todd Creek. Amazing and generous people.
3. A few years back playing solo locally and catching up to another single, an older guy. Behind multiple slow foursomes, we started playing together. He said he wasn't social and didn't want to talk. By the end of the round, he wanted to introduce me to his wife and daughter. His daughter remains a friend and each spring I try to connect and play with him when he visits from Michigan.

Last edited:
Back