Most intimidating shot you hit

A finesse wedge from a tight or sandy lie.

Ball below my feet.

I absolutely loathe, ball below my feet.

Water directly in front of me, seems closer it is the more difficult to get over it.
Another one that showed it's ugly head was putting after reaching green in regulation. Prior to this past weeks round I very rarely hit GIR, but this week I hit 5 in regulation and every one was no less than 3 putts sometimes 4. If chipping on with 3rd or 4th shot I rarely take more than 2 putts to hole out.

Hmm. I knew I was doomed on a long par 3. (229). Front was water, left, right, and long OB. Wind in my face and I just prayed my 4h would carry. It’s the one times there’s been a bag gap that’s screwed me. 3w would be long OB so I took the lateral. 4h one groove high didn’t carry. Opponent (@Hamfist ) hit the rocks on the edge and damn near holed out for what would be one of the luckiest hole outs ever. I concede and he proceeds to.....

(I’ll let him complete the story.... )
If it’s over 220 I may hit driver

If it’s over 220 I may hit driver

I had no miss and no 230 club with me. I just prayed I’d carry and without a bad gust and me striking it a groove high it would have. Probably 215 to carry. Missed it by a yard or two.

That green is despicable too so long is as good as dead even if it doesn’t go OB. I saw someone unnamed hit rocks short, the ball land on the back of the green, and trickle down 40ft to the hole.

Short was the only prayer.

Any shot with less than a fairway wood that requires a left to right ball flight.

I can think of one, very specific shot. It's any putt that I have on #8 at a local course, Yankee Run. It's a short par 3 of about 150 yards. The green is built into a hillside, and is much wider than it is deep. It appears somewhat flat, but actually has a significant downhill slope. It's easy to putt the ball right off the front of the green! I hate that green! Don't get me wrong, it's one of our favorite courses in the area, but that green drives us nuts!

There's a website called "Public Country Club". It's a bunch of guys from western PA who play courses that they've heard are good, and post videos of them. They played Yankee Run, and interviewed the owner. He said that the toughest greens on the course are #8, #9, and #18. We concur! He also allowed as how #8 green might be kind of unfair. He said every year he and the greenkeeper get together at the end of the season and the question is always "Are we going to fix #8 green this year?"

Hitting into a strong wind with trouble right. My miss is typically right and into the wind it is worse. So I will consciously try to hit a draw and then I either pull it or hook it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A three footer for eagle. So many things go through my head. Any short putt really; "you can miss this just as easily as you can make it" is usually my pre-stroke thought

When your cartner says:

You know your (insert number) under par right?

You know you've got a good round going right?

Long shot in with green jutting out into the water from the right. (so water left and also short and possibly long too) Can be a nightmare if trees overhang from the right and I have no reliable way to get at a safe spot. I'm much more confident coming in right to left versus left to right on just about every shot. Forcing me to go left to right to avoid penalty strokes all but guarantees disaster.

Last edited:
Ball below my feet.

This right here! I have problems enough with my bad back and knee staying down through the shot, make it even lower and I am fubar!:mad:

Tee shot with penalty right, and trees just left of the tee box. I usually just take hybrid or iron, but I can’t for the life of me draw my driver anymore

Ball below my feet.

completely agree. I just accept I’m going to be in bad position when I see my lie in these situations .

Tee shot to a tight fairway into a strong wind. Nothing else makes me nervous but I seem to have developed a fear of playing into the wind. It could be because the wind here in the UK is ridiculous.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The soggy / wet tight lie from inside of 75 yds. Chunnnnnnnkkkkkkk city

Two of them... the downhill lie and the ball below my feet. I hate them. The ball below my feet will end up either a top or a pull. The downhill lie will end up a duff. So I figure the ball below my feet? Just get it out of the spot by using an all arm swing and punching it out. A downhill lie? Use something with loft like an 8i or more.

I’m terrible out of the sand so besides the sand shots a green side shot going over a bunker terrifies me.

190+ yards into the wind...kills me

never swing normal despite telling myself to swing easy

Ball below my feet and either water or OB to the right. Shank city!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downhill lie with front foot below back foot.

Back