Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
Either pervasive in club naming or marketing material. Which buzz word makes you cringe the most?

any write-in candidates?

Distance, and I don't think it's even close. Everything these days seems to be longer-er and farther-er and distancey-er. Based on marketing, you would think everyone is Bryson at their local muni.

Pro gets my vote, labeled everywhere from club heads to grips. What makes it PRO?

^^^ I went with Pro, too

Pro gets my vote, labeled everywhere from club heads to grips. What makes it PRO?
Same. “Pro” everything, for all the rubes who believe they should be playing what the pros play.

Anything related to "Game-Changing" or "Changing the Game"
Or changed anything. “The ball that changed the ball”…uh, no.

Jailbreak - no better than other OEM options
Turbulators - “”
Twist face - “”

I could go on and on…

Anything that might help in one performance category always comes at a cost in another. Otherwise, everyone would eventually be playing the exact same equipment.

I’ll go put on my flame suit now.

Pro.

Distance for me. Just about every new ball, club, tee, and swing tip that comes out has some sort of distance gain attached to it.

My favorite write in might be the word "secret". Anytime I see the word "secret" in golf advertisements, I move on, without looking.

Sweetheart

-PXG

Distance. With all the distance we've added each year, surprised we can keep it on the face of the earth.

Either pervasive in club naming or marketing material. Which buzz word makes you cringe the most?

any write-in candidates?

"Longer than by_________"

Other: Forgiveness

There's so many different kinds of forgiveness based on each person's specific needs. It's used as a blanket term, but the most forgiving club in the world can severely punish you if it's a terrible fit. I spin the G425 Max driver in the 3500 range and it goes nowhere. My shallow swing, on firm KS fairways, is a nightmare with a "forgiving" wide soled iron. I'd say pretty much all the marketing terms are garbage and lead to more disappointment than satisfied customers. If a club suits you really well, you'll get more out of it, regardless what the advertisement says.

Distance/Longer.

I've heard that term enough over 40 years to the point where I'm half expecting tee shots to circle the planet.

Forgiving

MOI

Distance. For sure. Distance is great. But it’s not everything. And I mostly feel that way because I need more of it. 🤣

any write-in candidates?
Distance. Everything is about distance nowdays because it sells clubs. Thats why you constantly see iron lofts getting stronger.

X was my vote. What does the X mean? Whatever it is too many balls and clubs have it.

X 🤣 ProV1 x-what?

All good options in the poll. I also like the write-in vote of forgiveness/forgiving. I voted Pro but thought about voting distance or tour.

I voted Tour. Using “Tour” at all is overusing it IMHO. What is “Tour”? Tour pros use all sorts of stuff, most of it easily accessible by anyone.

Back