Most putts you've had in a round.

Since I started tracking my putts 2 summers ago, 40 is my worse round. Usually, avg 32 putts per round.

It was at Wolf Creek, the greens were much faster than anything I had played on before with multiple levels and a ton of break. Totally different animal than I was used to.

I had 4 three-putts on the front 9 before I started to adjust to it.

If I'm putting bad I stop counting ? but my guess would be around 40

Oh I’ve easily been in the 40’s before.

I had a HS freshman girl, at state, put up a whopping 55 putts. Yeah, I wasn’t nice.

Wow, never more than 36 putts in 43 years of golf. I would be shocked if I actually believed that.
I don't have the stats to back it up of course as I've never tracked putts. But I've always had a good short game and I've been a very good putter for over 40+ years (minus a short time a few years ago when I struggled, right about when I turned 50).

Overall, I'd say I birdie with a GIR more often than I 3-putt, and I get up-and-down on missed greens more often than not (and it's rare indeed to 3-putt after a chip, pitch or sand shot). I stand by my statement though; it would shock me to learn I had over 36 putts in a round.

In the past year, I've had a couple of 37 putt rounds. Overall, I remember one round where I took 40 putts; that putter hasn't been seen since. :rofl:

I don't like this question, and you should feel bad for asking it.

:facepalm:

It was a few years ago. I bought a SeeMore SB2c (c for center shaft) in the milled aluminum counterbalanced BS = sewwww fahwwwnnsay. It looked really nice. It felt really nice. It had "riflescope" tech. Line it up and putt. I practiced with it, and it just didn't feel right. Then I went out and played a round 38 putts, but I was landing and chipping well that day. Next round 41 putts. I had more GIRs and my chipping wasn't so good. Next round 43 putts. I decided the putter had cooties. It had a sweet spot that was about 1/4" wide. Miss that and you were screwed. I sold it to a friend of mine who was eyeing it because it looked great and bought an Odyssey broomstick (next round 31 putts). He traded it back for another putter I had because he couldn't putt with it either. So it ended up being traded in for a driver.... that had cooties. I'm sure it found a good home somewhere or ended up at the bottom of a water hazard. :ROFLMAO:

Shot 79 one round.... with 39 putts! That was the worst. Had I putted average that day, I would’ve shot 73.

Back