Most putts you've had in a round.

The_Dude

#TeamNE #Team Green #Hype
Reaction score
Handicap
#bigbutts
I've averaged 33.8 putts per round since beginning of last year. After playing only 9 holes in past 3 weeks I played yesterday and had worst time on the greens in my life. No touch whatsoever. Ended up with 41 putts including seven 3 putts. What's your worst round for putts THP?

Angel Park Mountain course in Vegas 3 years ago. Fast as hell sloping greens. It was my first time playing that course. I had probably one of my best ballstriking days of my life, but I was on the wrong side of the hole on every single hole. 8' downhill putts would crawl by the cup and keep going til you had a 15-20 footer coming back. I hit 14/18 greens that day and shot 90 thanks to 47 putts.

I have no idea but it was definitely way too many.

Not really sure, but it is up there.

But I did 3 putt, 3 times, from inside 3 feet in one round. That one is burned in my memory.

My instincts say a number that starts with 4, though I don't specifically remember

Round started putt wise 3,2,3,3,3,3. I was like wtf is going on? Score added up quickly on front 9.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't this past year in Tahoe at Genoa Ranch. I think as a whole, between the 15+ of us, that we had to average something like over 3 putts PER hole. Most ridiculous putting conditions ever (super fast greens, lots of slope and 30 MPH winds) The ball would simply blow off the greens in most cases. Good thing we had triple bogey max. I didn't count my putts but i think it had to be somewhere close to 50

I can only go off of this year, and it's 36. My worst three putting rounds were all on the same course this year. I loathe their greens.

36 might not sound awful, but it's about 20% over my average for the year, which is close to what your 41 was for you.

Played in a tournament last year and had over 40 in a round at a course I had never played, don't know the exact number but it was HIGH.

I've never tracked my putts per round, but I'd be shocked if I ever had more than 36 putts in a round since I started golf in 1976.

My psyche can't handle the truth so I don't remember of that stat ... on purpose. Low to mid 40s at least. :(

39 2 different times on grint which is probably 300+ rounds

I think it was 42, but I had pretty much given up on the round at that point. Generally, I'm around 30 putts a round.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

My worst putting day ever 43. Although 37 putts hundreds of times.

I've never tracked my putts per round, but I'd be shocked if I ever had more than 36 putts in a round since I started golf in 1976.
Wow, never more than 36 putts in 43 years of golf. I would be shocked if I actually believed that.

Played in SC at Furman Golf Club for the first time back in May. Shot 91, hit 11 greens with 45 putts. Brutal display. Felt lost on lag putts there. Also to be fair I’m not used to greens that large either.

I have no idea but my best friend had 52 putts during the first round of our high school state tournament. My putter may have ended up in a pond if I did that.

I have no idea but my best friend had 52 putts during the first round of our high school state tournament. My putter may have ended up in a pond if I did that.
Yeah that is brutal right there. The putter would be lucky to be in my bag at the turn

I'm sure it's in the low 40s

Looking at my Grint stats it was 42 twice in 2017. I'm sure there have been worse days (especially when I was starting out) but that's he only reference point I have, right now.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't this past year in Tahoe at Genoa Ranch. I think as a whole, between the 15+ of us, that we had to average something like over 3 putts PER hole. Most ridiculous putting conditions ever (super fast greens, lots of slope and 30 MPH winds) The ball would simply blow off the greens in most cases. Good thing we had triple bogey max. I didn't count my putts but i think it had to be somewhere close to 50
And I've never had so much fun getting my ass handed to me by a golf course. :D

Yeah that is brutal right there. The putter would be lucky to be in my bag at the turn

I'm with you guys. I've never taken my frustration out on a club, but that sounds like as good a time as any to start.

Just off recent memory 38 is my high this year. According to 18 birdies app I average 1.7 putts per hole

Back