Most tragic/worst TV show or Movie ending?

If we're talking tragic and not necessarily bad endings, I would include The Wire, which is probably my favorite show of all time. The show itself never really wraps up neatly, life just goes on. The system continues to chew up and spit out all of these people and it's near impossible to get out. The people might change over time, but the cycle stays the same... "All in the game".

For me I will never get to the end of the show now, but I liked The Blacklist and their reveal of who Raymond Redington was is the stupidest thing ever.
i stop watching that show a few years ago. just read what they are doing with Red and, yes, that is the dumbest thing ever.

Gallipoli

1627048067390.png

Man on Fire for me. That one hit me hard for some reason.

I thought the ending to Forrest Gump was tragic and depressing. He unconditionally loves Jenny his whole life, does all these cool things, crosses paths with her multiple times and it never works out, then when he finally gets her he's the happiest man in the world - but she's used up, burned out, sick, and dies, depriving him of the one and only thing he ever really wanted in his entire life. The movie is a comedy, but to me it's one of the most depressing movies to watch.

I thought the ending to Forrest Gump was tragic and depressing. He unconditionally loves Jenny his whole life, does all these cool things, crosses paths with her multiple times and it never works out, then when he finally gets her he's the happiest man in the world - but she's used up, burned out, sick, and dies, depriving him of the one and only thing he ever really wanted in his entire life. The movie is a comedy, but to me it's one of the most depressing movies to watch.
I never took the movie as a comedy. It's one of my favorites. I have always felt like the point of the movie was to be more open to experiences and stop overthinking everything. Just go do stuff and see where it takes you.

If we're talking tragic and not necessarily bad endings, I would include The Wire, which is probably my favorite show of all time. The show itself never really wraps up neatly, life just goes on. The system continues to chew up and spit out all of these people and it's near impossible to get out. The people might change over time, but the cycle stays the same... "All in the game".

I had the reaction. The ending was just fine to me but tragic like you said because it shows even when the kids want to get out of living like that it is almost impossible to do.

A couple of TV series that ended abruptly. Both had cliff hanger endings which left you to wonder what happened since there was never any resolution.
1627330029344.png

1627330086477.png

Back