Most underrated golf glove you've used?

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
What's the glove you've used that you were pleasantly surprised at the quality, durability, both, or other factor?

Me? I'd say I've been very surprised at the bang for the buck I've gotten out of my MG and Kirkland (Costco) gloves. For ~$6 each, they're a steal.

Srixon cabretta leather glove

I'll go along with the OP and say the MG. Great glove, wears good not as thin as a Titleist, but also a lot more durable and cheaper. Best bang for the buck out there. IMO

Hirzl all the way anything else recommended wears out too quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the MG is great for the price/bang for the buck, but i'd say it's more overrated than underrated.

Zero Friction. One size fits all usually means it doesn’t fit anybody, but these fit me great. They’re also quite durable and aren’t too expensive.

Vice Pure

vicegolf_pure_glove_white_slider01_desktop.jpg

Everyone may be sick of me taking about it from my prior posts on this subject, but I love the $6.96 cabretta leather glove from Budget Golf. I love that it is unbranded and holds up well. It's a bit thicker than some of the higher end tour level gloves I have used, but that is a plus for me in this Florida humidity and heat which causes me to shred gloves. One of these gloves lasted longer than 2 to 3 of the Under Armour gloves i was using and they are a 1/3 of the price.

Quality Sports Cabretta Premium Leather Glove

Cabretta-Golf-glove-on-Hand.jpg

I've been going with a FootJoy rain glove exclusively for the past few years. My hands sweat a lot and this seems to help a great deal. I haven't gone to wearing both of them....yet.

I was amazed to finally find a synthetic glove that's actually pleasant to play golf with. I saw a two-pack of Taylormade Strata Tech gloves on eBay for super cheap and figured I might could use them on the really, sickly humid days in August when my thin leather gloves get sweat soaked and stained in no time. Hoped the synthetic ones would be washable to get the sweat out.

Turned out they fit me better, lasted longer and are almost as comfortable as all-leather gloves that cost $15-$20 apiece. And yes, they come out of the washing machine with their original shape and texture intact. So even at retail prices, a $21 two-pack (each of which I can wash a couple times to extend their useful life) lasts maybe 5-10 times as long as a single $16 leather glove that I end up discarding after 3-4 rounds because it gets so nasty, or else stretches out of shape from repeated wet-dry cycles.

Fit39 EX.

Did a big test on all the main Cabretta glove1022BF64-E5EB-474C-A13D-70B1BA516202.jpegs last year and I prefer these. One has lasted 40 rounds so far, and can be washed as much as you need to. Great grip in the wet too. So good I bought two more.

The Costco cabretta leather gloves are surprisingly good.

Hirzl all the way anything else recommended wears out too quick

getting harder and harder to find, plus they're getting into the Titleist Tour glove territory.

getting harder and harder to find, plus they're getting into the Titleist Tour glove territory.

But and I’m telling the truth at 30/glove if it lasts 70-100 rounds and still shows no wear on the gripping area - the damn regular leather wears out on the inside fingers and back and the palm made from kangaroo leather still appears almost new - can’t be beat. Knowing what I know I’d pay 50 for a all kangaroo leather glove with maybe a button/snap closure because the Velcro also wears out too quickly compared to the entire kangaroo leather palm

Everyone may be sick of me taking about it from my prior posts on this subject, but I love the $6.96 cabretta leather glove from Budget Golf. I love that it is unbranded and holds up well. It's a bit thicker than some of the higher end tour level gloves I have used, but that is a plus for me in this Florida humidity and heat which causes me to shred gloves. One of these gloves lasted longer than 2 to 3 of the Under Armour gloves i was using and they are a 1/3 of the price.

Quality Sports Cabretta Premium Leather Glove

Cabretta-Golf-glove-on-Hand.jpg
I've been eyeballing this so hard.

For me, it's the Bridgestone Tour Premium glove. I've used it on countless occasions over the last handful of years, and I always come back to it. For a minute it was the Callaway dawn patrol but they changed the material and I am less impressed. Not durable at all, but awesome (originally).

The Kirkland gloves are a solid deal. But I love my Bionic glove. They never wear out and I typically replace them when they get kinda gross after A LOT of rounds. I have only used 2 gloves this summer and played close to 60 rounds.

footjoy gtxtreme

no longer available in north america, super durable, kept its shape until wearing out, outstanding grip for a synthetic glove

If you use a full cabretta glove and you're paying $20+, you're lighting at least $13 of that on fire. The Kirkland, MG, Finger10, etc. gloves of the world are the exact same thing and cost 1/3 to 1/4 of the price.

But and I’m telling the truth at 30/glove if it lasts 70-100 rounds and still shows no wear on the gripping area - the damn regular leather wears out on the inside fingers and back and the palm made from kangaroo leather still appears almost new - can’t be beat. Knowing what I know I’d pay 50 for a all kangaroo leather glove with maybe a button/snap closure because the Velcro also wears out too quickly compared to the entire kangaroo leather palm

I totally agree with you. Don't know if I'd pay 50 for one but I would put these in with what I use
They also make a hybrid glove that's part synthetic which is horrible. They are very slippery when they get wet from sweat.like you said the kangaroo leather is very durable

I have a difficult hand to fit due to my short thumbs and large palms. MasterGrip cadet large is easily the best fit for me and I order them 15 at a time for $7 each. It’s a super thin leather glove like a Titleist Professional.

Ten Finger Premium Cabrera gloves on Amazon. I find them to perform very similarly to the FJ Sta Sof and they are way cheaper 3 for 27.99.

I totally agree with you. Don't know if I'd pay 50 for one but I would put these in with what I use
They also make a hybrid glove that's part synthetic which is horrible. They are very slippery when they get wet from sweat.like you said the kangaroo leather is very durable

Yea kangaroo leather is so good compared to cabretta leather. I haven’t found the limits of it yet. The palm never wears. The Velcro gives out or the back side made of cabretta leather wears out and tears. Or the stitching finally gives way. Even tried stitching it back up but I’m not the best at sewing.
An all kangaroo glove does t exist. I’ve searched for hours upon hours. I’d consider any type of thin leather glove doesn’t even have to be for golf lol.
Maybe the only way is to go to a leather worker and bring kangaroo leather and have them make a glove with a snap closure so it don’t wear out like Velcro.
Then I’d finally see how long the glove can last. Two seasons three seasons four, five? Who knows. I’ve had them last two seasons as they are with almost no wear on the fingers palm thumb etc. always wears out on the back of your hand wear regular leather or Velcro exists.

Taylormade TP Flex. Was given one at an outing in May. Been using them ever since. Not cheap, but you can find deals on them sometimes. Great durability and feel from a thin glove. I don't sweat through them either, even on the hottest days. Tried going back to my regular Titleist Perma-soft, but that glove feels like a catcher's mitt to me now compared to the TP Flex thickness wise.

i’m somewhat of a glove snob. for my it’s titleist players, and nothing else will do. i’ve done callaway dawn patrol, weather spann and tour authentic in the last few months and they’re fine but i miss my players glove.

Back