Review Motocaddy Golf bags

I’m an outlier then. I love the size of the cart bag for storage etc but the 14 divider just bothers me. I seemingly always got clubs crossed up down inside the bag and I could feel them fighting me the entire way in and out of the bag.

The stand bag seemingly is more my jam for everything I need, but I acknowledge the cart bag is still a darn good bag and does work great in the easilock system.

I’m an outlier then. I love the size of the cart bag for storage etc but the 14 divider just bothers me. I seemingly always got clubs crossed up down inside the bag and I could feel them fighting me the entire way in and out of the bag.

The stand bag seemingly is more my jam for everything I need, but I acknowledge the cart bag is still a darn good bag and does work great in the easilock system.
Hmmmm I’ve had no issues yet but it’s only been two rounds using it. And my grips are bigger than normal 🤔

Hmmmm I’ve had no issues yet but it’s only been two rounds using it. And my grips are bigger than normal 🤔

I haven't experienced any issue getting clubs in or out of the bag either. I have always found that the less the number of dividers, the easier it is for clubs to get tangled up sometimes making them a little difficult to get out.

What grip? It could be a texture thing? Maybe the align material is somehow fighting with the rubber on the opening for me?

Ok received my MotoCaddy ProSeries bag as part of our MotoCaddy M7 GPS Electric Cart review.
View attachment 9168637View attachment 9168638View attachment 9168639View attachment 9168640
Really impressed by the construction and options on this bag. I’ll have a hard time feeling all of the pockets!

Installed the EASILOCK pins already and I’m ready to get this review going.View attachment 9168641View attachment 9168642View attachment 9168643View attachment 9168644View attachment 9168645
I've had this bag out now for 4 rounds and I'm going to say, it's growing on me.
I've gotten to the point where I'm comfortable where I'm keeping everything and can remember where they are at.
I had to switch out six clubs when I sent from the Motocaddy vs. a Golf Cart however it was no issue.
I also don't mind the diamond pattern of the 14 club top - Works ok for me.

The exterior putting well is starting to grow on me. I was not a fan of it before I had the bag in hand and on the cart, but I'm changing course on it now that I have seen how functional and easy it is to use for the putter. All the clubs in the bag are easy to pull out even with all of the accessories on the M7 cart.

What grip? It could be a texture thing? Maybe the align material is somehow fighting with the rubber on the opening for me?
CP2 Pro with 2 wraps lol

Used the Pro-Series bag three times in the last four days. Saturday and Sunday were riding cart days since I was playing in a tournament and today was back on the M7 GPS Electric Caddy. The bag functioned quite well on a riding carts. All pockets were easily accessible and the Easilock pins installed in the bottom of the bag did not cause any issues with on the riding cart.

Today was my second round using the non-velour lined valuables pocket to store my tees and repair tool that I was using during the round. It is now second nature to me to go to that pocket on each tee box and when I reach the green. So I am starting to get over not having the console like the manual puch carts have that I used for the past 8 years.

One issue I did notice today regarding the putter well is that it is causing shaft wear on the stroke lab shaft in my Odyssey putter. The top of the plastic tubing inside the putter well is the culprit. I will have to figure out something soft to line the top of tube with to reduce further damage and will not use it again until I get that issue resolved. I highly doubt it would cause an issue with a regular chrome putter shaft but if you have either a graphite shaft or steel shaft with a finish on it, you should probably be leary of the potential finish damage.

Last edited:
My new bag setup since I discontinued using the putter well due to the issue I discussed in the previous post.

20230502_141344.jpg

I just basically moved the putter to the red divider on the very top of the bag where I previously had driver. Moved driver down one divider between the FWs and put the GW in the previously unused middle slot in the bottom of the bag.

* Sorry for what I am guessing is a finger in the picture. 😀

I like that there’s 14 slots plus the putter well. So the option is there if you want to or not instead of being forced to

Used the Pro-Series bag three times in the last four days. Saturday and Sunday were riding cart days since I was playing in a tournament and today was back on the M7 GPS Electric Caddy. The bag functioned quite well on a riding carts. All pockets were easily accessible and the Easilock pins installed in the bottom of the bag did not cause any issues with on the riding cart.

Today was my second round using the non-velour lined valuables pocket to store my tees and repair tool that I was using during the round. It is now second nature to me to go to that pocket on each tee box and when I reach the green. So I am starting to get over not having the console like the manual puch carts have that I used for the past 8 years.

One issue I did notice today regarding the putter well is that it is causing shaft wear on the stroke lab shaft in my Odyssey putter. The top of the plastic tubing inside the putter well is the culprit. I will have to figure out something soft to line the top of tube with to reduce further damage and will not use it again until I get that issue resolved. I highly doubt it would cause an issue with a regular chrome putter shaft but if you have either a graphite shaft or steel shaft with a finish on it, you should probably be leary of the potential finish damage.

Do you happen to have any pictures to show how a riding cart strap fits around the bag? About to purchase a pro series bag here but concerned with how it sits in a riding cart.
Thanks for any help!

Do you happen to have any pictures to show how a riding cart strap fits around the bag? About to purchase a pro series bag here but concerned with how it sits in a riding cart.
Thanks for any help!

I do not but can get one next week. There are no built in cart strap passages like some cart bags have but the cart strap held the bag securely with no noticeable bag shift.

I used a putter today with a standard chrome shaft to see how it would fare in the putter well. As I suspected and posted before, no issues at all like I saw with the marks on the stroke lab shaft.

I used a putter today with a standard chrome shaft to see how it would fare in the putter well. As I suspected and posted before, no issues at all like I saw with the marks on the stroke lab shaft.
I’ll have to keep an eye on that with my putter, it has a black shaft so hoping no marks as the summer progresses

I’ll have to keep an eye on that with my putter, it has a black shaft so hoping no marks as the summer progresses

Yes, definitely do. I wish I had paid closer attention to the stroke lab shaft. I did see a mark on it shortly after we first got the caddies and bags. At that time, I just figured a club hit it then starting seeing a few other marks start showing up and saw they were right where the shaft was at the top of the putter well.

Well I experienced another great engineering feat of @Motocaddy.
This is why they have 14 dividers and a Putter Well:

IMG_1414.jpeg

Well I experienced another great engineering feat of @Motocaddy.
This is why they have 14 dividers and a Putter Well:

View attachment 9180836
Yep, figured this out last time I rode haha I thought maybe i set the bag up wrong but the strap absolutely covers the well so I moved the putter to the traditional spot with the driver. So still not using all 14 but theres plenty of room

A bit of long term review:

The bag is holding up great. I've developed a small little wear spot right at the top when I was looking it over last night. Not sure if that is from where it sits in the M7 or from rubbing when thrown into a cart (Played way to many events where I was in a cart instead of walking 😢) Otherwise it is in great shape after a summer of hard use. Zippers are still working flawlessly and have seen no reduction in waterproofing when having a wet towel hanging down the side.

if anyone has any questions fire away.
A quick 6 month update.

Bag still looks great about a year in with consistent use year round. Everything is still in good working order, no zipper issues, etc.

Bit of a thread resurrection, but wanted to provide an update on the HydroFLEX bag. I've had it as my primary here for a bit now and I've been really pleased with it so far. I'm one that usually likes a little more storage on my primary bag but have been able to get along fine with this one. Certainly well enough for use as a travel bag. The top is spacious enough for all my clubs and I've had a few clubs tie up going in and out but nothing hateful like some of the bags I've tried over the years.

I did just run into an issue with one of the legs popping off when I try to set it down. I've reached out to Motocaddy support as I'd really like to keep this one. Hoping they get back to me with some good advice on how to repair.

UPDATE: They already responded and offered a full bag replacement. Now to find a box large enough to ship it in...

Last edited:
Back