Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Caddy

The wheel base seems really narrow, do you have any issues with tipping, particularly on a sharper turn? or have you perhaps put added weight in the bag?

The wheel base seems really narrow, do you have any issues with tipping, particularly on a sharper turn? or have you perhaps put added weight in the bag?
Nope and nope. Working perfectly and quite sturdy

Im kinda curious about the basics...after using the cart does the fact it’s remote control make the round and golfing experience easier? Is it a pain to control the device by remotes....is it easier to push. CRT?

Im kinda curious about the basics...after using the cart does the fact it’s remote control make the round and golfing experience easier? Is it a pain to control the device by remotes....is it easier to push. CRT?
This one is not remote but it’s certainly a breeze to use. One button start and stop and just moves along with me

Another round in the books and the cart is leading me back to the car.

View attachment 9013263

Oh man, please tell me you hate it. :rolleyes: Seriously, what are your thoughts after another use ... M7 remote or M5 GPS non-remote? I have that "about to pull the trigger" twitch.

Oh man, please tell me you hate it. :rolleyes: Seriously, what are your thoughts after another use ... M7 remote or M5 GPS non-remote? I have that "about to pull the trigger" twitch.
I haven’t tried the M7 remote, but have a MGI remote and prefer this one with the GPS and features. But part of that is because I’m not keen on the MGI caddy as much as the Motocaddy. If I was choosing I would probably go M7, but I don’t think you can go wrong with either of them.

I know nothing about the Motocaddy, other than the good information provided here and @JB always has lots of experience. My input would be that some of the decision is no different than deciding what options you want when you purchase a car. For example, he enjoys the GPS feature of the M5 and doesn’t have a strong preference for a remote. I have now had my MGI for more than two years and I would not purchase one of these that did not have a remote. I find the remote so useful for multiple reasons.

Neither preference is wrong. It just depends on priorities.

What a thrill it was to play a golf course that allows push carts let alone push cart technology.

@JB laughed quite a bit at how often I’d be holding onto the handlebars of the M5 despite it pushing itself and honestly it was just force of habit more than anything. There is an ability to realign the unit if it seems to be favoring left or right but it never was an issue for me so hard to say how often it’s needed if at all.

the gps feature was awesome too. Having the ability to seek out green info and hazard info right in front of where I pull clubs is super convenient. I also challenged it quite a bit against my rangefinder and the numbers seemed to be close to spot on. Very impressive.

the most surprising to me was the balance it had. I freely picked comfortable speeds to accommodate the terrain and never felt like bumpy conditions were too much for the M5 to handle. I had a bit of water spill out of my open cup in the holder but that is of course to be expected.

of all the ups and downs there was only one situation where I had to help it not tip backwards, and that was going up the 9th before the fairway. It was already uphill, and after a dip that brought in a more severe uphill, the tip occurred. I think that’s pretty fantastic.

What a thrill it was to play a golf course that allows push carts let alone push cart technology.

@JB laughed quite a bit at how often I’d be holding onto the handlebars of the M5 despite it pushing itself and honestly it was just force of habit more than anything. There is an ability to realign the unit if it seems to be favoring left or right but it never was an issue for me so hard to say how often it’s needed if at all.

the gps feature was awesome too. Having the ability to seek out green info and hazard info right in front of where I pull clubs is super convenient. I also challenged it quite a bit against my rangefinder and the numbers seemed to be close to spot on. Very impressive.

the most surprising to me was the balance it had. I freely picked comfortable speeds to accommodate the terrain and never felt like bumpy conditions were too much for the M5 to handle. I had a bit of water spill out of my open cup in the holder but that is of course to be expected.

of all the ups and downs there was only one situation where I had to help it not tip backwards, and that was going up the 9th before the fairway. It was already uphill, and after a dip that brought in a more severe uphill, the tip occurred. I think that’s pretty fantastic.
Great feedback @Canadan!!

Back