Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Anyone else have "control box" failures? In have had my M7 since February. The control box failed in March. They sent a replacement out quickly. I replaced the control box back in March, and it failed again this week. About 20 to 30 rounds on the unit.

Wondering if I am doinf something wrong. I don't let the trolley get wet or use it in the rain.

Anyone else have a control box failure? The trolley just bricks when that happens. Black screen, no power, no response.

Motocaddy is very good about quickly sending out the replacement. So, no issues with customer service.
Nope. Never had an issue

Anyone else have "control box" failures? In have had my M7 since February. The control box failed in March. They sent a replacement out quickly. I replaced the control box back in March, and it failed again this week. About 20 to 30 rounds on the unit.

Wondering if I am doinf something wrong. I don't let the trolley get wet or use it in the rain.

Anyone else have a control box failure? The trolley just bricks when that happens. Black screen, no power, no response.

Motocaddy is very good about quickly sending out the replacement. So, no issues with customer service.
Mine has been flawless as expected so far. Unfortunate that you're going through this, but great to know they're taking care of you.

So I've had this thing for a few months now. I know it was discussed earlier and I can't remember if there was a fix. But hitting the right arrow on my remote absolutely is the cause for sudden, complete stops of the M7 occasionally.

It's never caused a problem, it's just so weird that it happens what seems like once a round.

So I've had this thing for a few months now. I know it was discussed earlier and I can't remember if there was a fix. But hitting the right arrow on my remote absolutely is the cause for sudden, complete stops of the M7 occasionally.

It's never caused a problem, it's just so weird that it happens what seems like once a round.
Try taking it apart and cleaning it with compressed air. Might have some debris in there.

I have not had that experience, but good to hear that their CS was quick to respond and get you a new control box

Try taking it apart and cleaning it with compressed air. Might have some debris in there.
It's been doing it since it was brand new. I may have to do that and see! I only brought it up again since I know it was discussed earlier and it was also the right arrow for someone else too

It's been doing it since it was brand new. I may have to do that and see! I only brought it up again since I know it was discussed earlier and it was also the right arrow for someone else too
Also, are you starting the cart with the remote? If you start it with the button on the cart, then switch to remote, the cart suddenly stops after like 20 seconds or something. Maybe just coincidently with right arrow press?

Also, are you starting the cart with the remote? If you start it with the button on the cart, then switch to remote, the cart suddenly stops after like 20 seconds or something. Maybe just coincidently with right arrow press?
Almost always start it with the remote. But I didn't know the 20 second thing with the button on the cart.

Almost always start it with the remote. But I didn't know the 20 second thing with the button on the cart.
Last season, I would start it with the cart, steer it or speed it up with the remote while walking behind it, and it would stop all of a sudden. Dug into the manual and that is one of the safety features. So now I'll usually start it with the cart, zoom it up to nine for a few seconds to get it ahead of me, stop it and start it again so it doesn't autostop.

Man. nothing beats a fall morning round with hot coffee in one hand, M7 remote in the other, and not a care in the world with your clubs out ahead of you :cool:

Man. nothing beats a fall morning round with hot coffee in one hand, M7 remote in the other, and not a care in the world with your clubs out ahead of you :cool:
That is such a good feeling

OK did everyone else know that these M7's will go in reverse???
I didn't know this till the other day. Maybe I should have read the manual!

The M7 is the best golf purchase I have made this year!!!

OK did everyone else know that these M7's will go in reverse???
I didn't know this till the other day. Maybe I should have read the manual!

The M7 is the best golf purchase I have made this year!!!
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Yes they do. And it's really nice when you need it to back up a bit for you. I still love doing 360's with mine. It has got to be the BEST thing that I have ever used golf related equipment wise.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Yes they do. And it's really nice when you need it to back up a bit for you. I still love doing 360's with mine. It has got to be the BEST thing that I have ever used golf related equipment wise.
hadn't played with my brother since I got it, when he pulled into the parking lot I did 360's right outside his car door :ROFLMAO:

I seem to remember reading about someone getting four rounds out of a single charge. I pushed mine a week back and managed three. Full disclosure this was only because I forgot to charge it after round two.
What is everyone seeing/attempting for battery life?

I seem to remember reading about someone getting four rounds out of a single charge. I pushed mine a week back and managed three. Full disclosure this was only because I forgot to charge it after round two.
I’ve yet to come close. I did 18 two days in a row and then 9 holes 4 days later and easily could have played 9 or possibly 18. Like you the nine hole test really happened only because I forgot to charge. I’ve followed recommendations since and haven’t pushed it.

I have zero concerns I could do 36 in a day.

I got 57 holes before mine died. I went with the intention to see how far I could push it before it ran out. That's the most I've gotten and the most I've tried since. I would guarantee 45 holes per charge EASILY for mine

At my home course I can get 3 rounds but I have gotten 4 out of it. It was split between my home course and another with almost zero walk between tee boxes. I usually charge it every two rounds or so.

Just an update on this...

I reported the control box issue to Motocaddy on October 5, 2022. Two days later, I received the control box from them (actually two control boxes - one from California and one from Michigan). By October 8, 2022, I completed the repair. Because I had done this before, it only took a little over an hour. Highly recommend taking pictures along the way as you take it apart so that you know how to put it back together. October 10th, played golf using it with zero issues. It worked normally.

So customer service could not have been faster. FIVE STARS!

P.S. They let me keep the second control box just in case.

Man, the experience tonight, walking during a crisp fall evening, leaves crunching underfoot without dealing with the bag or pushing was amazing. 😍

Man, the experience tonight, walking during a crisp fall evening, leaves crunching underfoot without dealing with the bag or pushing was amazing. 😍
I was driving past a couple of golf courses this afternoon around 2:30 and it was bright and sunny, 50ish degrees and all I could think about was how nice it would be to walk nine holes with my Motocaddy......

I am certainly envious right now!

Thanks for the bump. I’ve got the Motocaddy charging for a round on Sunday. It’s been too long and the weather is perfect for walking right now

Gonna be 86 on Sunday, but the humidity is down. Feels like walking time without fear of passing out.

Let’s gooooooooo

Gonna be 86 on Sunday, but the humidity is down. Feels like walking time without fear of passing out.

Let’s gooooooooo
I’m staring at this for Sunday
1666922579495.png

Back