GOGOGO Sport

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
I'm CERTAIN that the battery drain to charge the remote or a phone is minimal. I get home after 18 holes and my battery gauge hasn't dropped a single bar. How could charging something drain such a strong battery to any noticeable or impactful way? Unless you're doing 36 without a charge, I'd be shocked to hear that it left someone going into freewheel and pushing their unit off the course.
I was thinking more of a day with 36 or back to back days of 18 without a charge where it "could" be an issue. Though I think it's unlikely it still remains a fact that if you charge from the USB port, you are pulling the power from that battery. In fact, that message even comes in the box about using that port to charge accessories.

NEhomer

Reaction score
Handicap
I guess it's one more thing to push the limit on!

tucsondivots

Fairways and Greens
Reaction score
Handicap
After using the MGI for today’s stroll around the course, GG and I both missed the Motocaddy. It just seems a bit better thought out and while both did the job, the Motocaddy is quieter and the spots for things are just an overall more “well put”.

I think both units work, and spoiled to be able to test side by side, but the Motocaddy is whisper quiet, straps work well and nothing rattles with even the slightest bump. I also think bags overall fit better.
My MGI Zip Navigator AT does not rattle even considering I play a lot of desert courses. I have been impressed with the Motocaddy M7 reviews but the lack of a seat option is a negative.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
My MGI Zip Navigator AT does not rattle even considering I play a lot of desert courses. I have been impressed with the Motocaddy M7 reviews but the lack of a seat option is a negative.
Thats fantastic. We have had two different MGI Navigator AT and both had rattles and I know another MGI user in another thread spoke about it as well.

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I was thinking more of a day with 36 or back to back days of 18 without a charge where it "could" be an issue. Though I think it's unlikely it still remains a fact that if you charge from the USB port, you are pulling the power from that battery. In fact, that message even comes in the box about using that port to charge accessories.
I've had 18-18 and it didn't have any issue with the battery. I think it dropped a bar or two at most? But yeah, definitely was too lazy to get the battery off the cart/out of my trunk to plug it in. Worked just fine!

rumstove

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
gnats
I have been impressed with the Motocaddy M7 reviews but the lack of a seat option is a negative.
I’ve been doing some research on this lately. There are a couple versions of Motocaddy seats out in the wild available at various online dealers. From what I can tell the M7 (and M5) have the mounts for the seats, but I’m not 100% sure if they fit since the seats are labeled for past caddy models. I have a couple emails out and hopefully I can get a definite answer at some point.

rumstove

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
gnats
I have been impressed with the Motocaddy M7 reviews but the lack of a seat option is a negative.
I’ve been doing some research on this lately. There are a couple versions of Motocaddy seats out in the wild available at various online dealers. From what I can tell the M7 (and M5) have the mounts for the seats, but I’m not 100% sure if they fit since the seats are labeled for past caddy models. I have a couple emails out and hopefully I can get a definite answer at some point.
Woohoo! Got a reply that yes, the seat I found online does work with the M7. Also confirmed they will be available from Motocaddy U.S. at some point. I found an online retailer that does have them in stock so I'll give them a call later today.

rumstove

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
gnats
I’ve been contemplating a remote trolley for some time now and having read this thread has finally made my mind up. My M7 arrives at the weekend 👍👍👍
Awesome! Based on the time I've spent with the M7 I think you'll really like it.

billyh

I thought I changed this
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lot
I’ve been contemplating a remote trolley for some time now and having read this thread has finally made my mind up. My M7 arrives at the weekend 👍👍👍
That is awesome. Seriously, you're going to love it. You guys on that side of the pond may have more access to their bag lineup than we do, so take a look at those too. They're a pretty decent bag.

tucsondivots

Fairways and Greens
Reaction score
Handicap
Woohoo! Got a reply that yes, the seat I found online does work with the M7. Also confirmed they will be available from Motocaddy U.S. at some point. I found an online retailer that does have them in stock so I'll give them a call later today.
Nice. You will really appreciate it on hot days or long rounds.

Reaction score
Handicap
That is awesome. Seriously, you're going to love it. You guys on that side of the pond may have more access to their bag lineup than we do, so take a look at those too. They're a pretty decent bag.
Thanks for that. I’ll have a look

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Welcome to the club. Can't wait to hear about your experience with it.

Motocaddy

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Just replied to this : ), but yes we do make seats for the M Series carts! Hope to get some in the US soon!!

baylrballa

Hackers Love Puppies
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
oh dang it has become sentient. :eek:

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looks like I'll have some feedback in this thread in the very near future. Will be interesting on our hilly home course

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

Muchmore18

Truly Thankful Member of the 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Had to come in here and catch back up after the Off Course today. You guys are doing fantastic in this thread!

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just saw one of these in the wild at the club. And needless to say, I am pumped to get mine! Member said it handles the hills like a dream. Has a carry bag on there to save weight, and he said it works great set up that way.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in