Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

So I got through 3 holes on Wednesday league, on another very wet day.

Our league does a shotgun start, so it is carts out to your starting hole, and since our course doesn't return to the clubhouse after the 9th, it is a cart back to 1, or out to 10 from 18 depending on which side you are playing. My partner wasn't there that evening, but I had the M7 folded up and on the floor of the cart in the passenger side. It would be a tight squeeze, but there is enough room for my legs between the seat and the cart, so having the two of us in the cart on the way out to start shouldn't be a problem.

Having spent some time as previously documented working on the fit of my carry bag, I saw much better performance there. No bag twisting at all.

The cart performed very well on the wet turf. For cart path only play, it was very nice to have all my clubs at my ball, without having to carry. The only complaint I have is that the cart stops so fast, it can skid a little bit, especially in the rough. Just something to be aware of, especially if you're on hillier terrain.

My playing partners were impressed with the cart, loving the remote control feature.

Will be taking out the M7 for its maiden voyage today, should be fun. One question to all of you who have a Motocaddy, is there any available extra storage solution that can be mounted to the cart itself? Especially in the cooler months I like to keep layers and rain gear (plus all other kinds of crap...) in a separate bag. I know probably at some point a real cart bag is in the cards but in the meanwhile if any of you have some solutions you've come up with please share!

Will be taking out the M7 for its maiden voyage today, should be fun. One question to all of you who have a Motocaddy, is there any available extra storage solution that can be mounted to the cart itself? Especially in the cooler months I like to keep layers and rain gear (plus all other kinds of crap...) in a separate bag. I know probably at some point a real cart bag is in the cards but in the meanwhile if any of you have some solutions you've come up with please share!
So you want to take a backpack along with you and store it on the cart. Hmmm. I have a couple ideas off the top of my head but I want to try them first before saying "do this" and then find out they don't work. I'll come back to this question.

Officially? Not really, no. Unofficially? I mean… I’m sure with some creativity, one could put some sorta netting or something to make a makeshift storage basket.

Officially? Not really, no. Unofficially? I mean… I’m sure with some creativity, one could put some sorta netting or something to make a makeshift storage basket.

Have a few ideas, now during summer not really a need either but would be nice at some point. MGI has a cooler / storage accessory that would prob work. Also checked the UK Motocaddy site but nothing there either.

Thank you to those who have been posting these reviews and information! I ordered one from Budget Golf and I think it will ship today! Pretty excited to give this thing a go.

I prefer to walk but have never enjoyed pushing a cart around the course so I typically carry. Sometimes my back doesn't tolerate that well, so this should be a great option!

Hope this is allowed, Budget currently has a Facebook 20% off code that works on these.

Thank you to those who have been posting these reviews and information! I ordered one from Budget Golf and I think it will ship today! Pretty excited to give this thing a go.

I prefer to walk but have never enjoyed pushing a cart around the course so I typically carry. Sometimes my back doesn't tolerate that well, so this should be a great option!

Hope this is allowed, Budget currently has a Facebook 20% off code that works on these.
Looking forward to your thoughts.

First round in the books. Must say this was pretty much plug and play, took a few holes to realize that you can just grab e.g. putter and walk to the green and steer the trolley to the next tee box. Not sure what it is but it feels great to walk up hands free :) Had to take one month off from golf due to a health issue and with the hot / humid weather this thing kept me fresh throughout the round. I found that I typically had the trolley in front of me and had either 5 or 6 speed setting. I also like sending this to your ball, stopping it, and turning it 45 degrees so that the bad opening is next to the ball. Tomorrow morning next round, but so far so good.

First round in the books. Must say this was pretty much plug and play, took a few holes to realize that you can just grab e.g. putter and walk to the green and steer the trolley to the next tee box. Not sure what it is but it feels great to walk up hands free :) Had to take one month off from golf due to a health issue and with the hot / humid weather this thing kept me fresh throughout the round. I found that I typically had the trolley in front of me and had either 5 or 6 speed setting. I also like sending this to your ball, stopping it, and turning it 45 degrees so that the bad opening is next to the ball. Tomorrow morning next round, but so far so good.

Really only takes a few minutes to get used to the remote steering before it becomes pretty second nature. Huge fan of mine, now I just need the weather to cooperate and dry out a bit more so I’m not losing balls in the fairway from plugging.

Really only takes a few minutes to get used to the remote steering before it becomes pretty second nature. Huge fan of mine, now I just need the weather to cooperate and dry out a bit more so I’m not losing balls in the fairway from plugging.
It took me longer to get used to the steering, but I can be a slow learner on some things. Same here with everything drying out too, I should be able to get out again later next week.

this has been a phenomenal read. Great work. I'm really impressed by these. Really look solid and seem like they'd be a lot of fun as well as super functional.

I’m really enjoying these reviews as my cart (different brand) is now officially dead as the axle broke yesterday on the one motor so I am toast for a few years while I save up my pennies. Unfortunately it’s not worth spending the extra money to get it repaired at this time….did well estimate 700-750 rounds walking 😢. Keep the reviews coming.

Took this out this afternoon, sadly only for nine holes before lightning chased me off property. The course was quite saturated and naturally, cartpath only.

my cart did well for about 95% of it. In some wet areas, it did have a little bit of trouble that needed a manual nudge to get it going, but overall not too bad. One particular soft spot, it did get slightly stuck because the ground slightly gave way underneath it and it just kind of got stuck in a rut. Little nudge, no big deal. For comparison, it was the type of ground where if you stepped on it with your foot, dirt and water would kind of squirt out from under your foot and half of your shoe would be covered in mud.

Overall, not terrible results all things considered!

Was doing my warranty registration online but BudgetGolf was not on the vendor list (which is mandatory). Motocaddy was very responsive and said to use Motocaddy US until they add it (which they were in the process of doing). In case anyone is having the same issue.

CONGRATS! on your purchase. Look forward to reading your initial thoughts and on-course experience with the M7. Hope it works GREAT for you.

CONGRATS! on your purchase. Look forward to reading your initial thoughts and on-course experience with the M7. Hope it works GREAT for you.
Thank you! I'm ready to get it out and give it a go. Unfortunately it rained the whole evening that it arrived and I won't have an opportunity to try it out until this weekend in the yard, and probably next week on the course.

When I unboxed it I was impressed with the overall build and am looking forward to finding out the stability and how well it works with my non-Motocaddy stand bag.

You guys must be in a golfing drought haha

Absolutely am. My course is soaked to all hell right now cause of just day after day of water and just.. blegh. I have a tentative round on Saturday morning if things aren't swamped to %*@&

I'd be happy to test one for you if you have an extra lying around. ;)

Been good stuff so far by these guys.

We got out for our league round last night and the M7 shined.
We were playing alternate shot format, so it was nice to send the cart down the fairway, leaving it out of the way, when I wasnt teeing off. We played the back 9, shotgun start, and the walk from 18 back to 10 goes up a significant hill to a ridge which has a gravel path. Because of the rain, it was not in great condition, but the M7 handled it like a Jeep offloading. Having the remote cart definitely gets people's attention, where they are asking me all about it.

One minor gripe I have is I wish this had a gyroscope to help it hold its line going across slopes. We have a few holes with undulating fairways, and keeping the cart on line with the remote makes the going a little slower.

Out at it again today. I honestly don’t know what more to say. I am now convinced, and I don’t take this saying lightly, but this is a game changer. Walked 18 in the southern heat and humidity. Heat index was 100+ the last couple holes. I need to get a taller umbrella.
With my short legs, I wish there was a speed 4.5 on this. Put it on 5 and send it up to the ball. Keep it on 4 and catch back up to it when it steers. 9BB9909C-D0A3-426D-B334-AD24A4AFA32B.jpeg

Took my M7 out for mid morning teetime and decided to walk it. The course is a bit wet from a pretty solid three weeks of rain nearly every day, and a tropical storm for kicks and giggles as well.

to no surprise, it handled the squishy conditions as well as I would have guessed. A couple of times it slipped or you could see it slipping in the near mud like low spots, but it’s still held it sounds pretty well all things considered, and never got stuck or tipped over.

I very much still alternate between sending it down the fairway and enjoying an easy walk, or controlling it manually and keeping an umbrella over me for shade. Both ways work really nicely, one just keeps me a little more out of the direct sun than the other. Because it pairs so well with their line of golf bags, I have yet to really find myself wishing I had more storage between the two products. I have consistently been impressed with this cart the more I use it, and steering it has been a little easier each time I use it.

We got out for our league round last night and the M7 shined.
We were playing alternate shot format, so it was nice to send the cart down the fairway, leaving it out of the way, when I wasnt teeing off. We played the back 9, shotgun start, and the walk from 18 back to 10 goes up a significant hill to a ridge which has a gravel path. Because of the rain, it was not in great condition, but the M7 handled it like a Jeep offloading. Having the remote cart definitely gets people's attention, where they are asking me all about it.

One minor gripe I have is I wish this had a gyroscope to help it hold its line going across slopes. We have a few holes with undulating fairways, and keeping the cart on line with the remote makes the going a little slower.
Interesting. I thought someone said it had gyroscope tracking. That is a big plus for MGI Zip Navigator AT, if it does not.

Back