Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

That looks really really good. Have been considering a battery cart for a while, but never even had in my mind one that drove remotely. I think two questions off the bat.

How does it cope when things get a little muddy, as things have a tendency to be over here after a few days rain.
Would it take me home if I decided to have a few beers in the clubhouse post round?

for you guys that have gotten yours already, anything tricky about the unboxing experience?

for you guys that have gotten yours already, anything tricky about the unboxing experience?

Biggest issue I had initially was just opening the thing up, cause I just couldn’t find that lever I circled. Once I found that, wasn’t anything difficult. Mine is all charged up and kiddo is at school, so I sense a little stroll in the near future

Nothing at all. It was pretty straight forward and VERY easy to setup. The user's manual is still in the zip lock baggie for it. I've got some things going on right now at work, but in a few I'm going to pull it in the shop and get some pictures with it and my other two carts.

How sensitive are the controls on the remote? Are you having to push down hard or very lightly on them to engage?

Biggest issue I had initially was just opening the thing up, cause I just couldn’t find that lever I circled. Once I found that, wasn’t anything difficult. Mine is all charged up and kiddo is at school, so I sense a little stroll in the near future

There's Wardy, just walking down the street with his golf bag. No big deal haha

One video showed syncing the remote, is this a once thing or every time?

View attachment 9009332

I’ll let it charge this evening, install the battery, and give it a test run down my street a bit.
Mine is all charged up and kiddo is at school, so I sense a little stroll in the near future

Not saying you won't, but before taking it for a cruise be sure to flip the two back wheels. In the photo they appear to be in storage space-saving position rather than the wider/stability position.

Not saying you won't, but before taking it for a cruise be sure to flip the two back wheels. In the photo they appear to be in storage space-saving position rather than the wider/stability position.

I appreciate you noticing that. Still of a bit of work in progress, as even the accessories part was giving me a bit of trouble. I'll have some feedback on that in a few hours when I go for a stroll etc.

How sensitive are the controls on the remote? Are you having to push down hard or very lightly on them to engage?
I also have a m7 , the controls are very sensitive, a small press will allow for slight changes in direction, where a hard press will do sharper turns. I got caught out with mine the other day, was walking with the cart to the side of of me and I hit the turn button instead of forward and the cart turned into me an gave me a bang on the leg:D.

Will be more carefull next time and let the cart go I front of me from now on:D

I also have a m7 , the controls are very sensitive, a small press will allow for slight changes in direction, where a hard press will do sharper turns. I got caught out with mine the other day, was walking with the cart to the side of of me and I hit the turn button instead of forward and the cart turned into me an gave me a bang on the leg:D.

Will be more carefull next time and let the cart go I front of me from now on:D

when you do something like this, which I know will happen to me, any fear or worry that the cart will tip with a sudden move like that?

I've been trying to decide between a MGI Zip Navigator AT and the Motocaddy M7, so this thread is going to be helpful.

I worry about stability mainly - and ease of use. Thanks in advance for your observations!

when you do something like this, which I know will happen to me, any fear or worry that the cart will tip with a sudden move like that?
if you are sending it out I front at full speed and do a quick turn m it could tip the key is just small adjustment when going forward and slow it down if you want to make sharp turns. The down hill control works great when going down steep Bill's and the rear stabilisers will dtop it from tipping going up hill. The key is no quick sharp turns at speed.

I did tip it a while back, it was my fault as I was using the remote down a narrow path with banking at the sides and I did not straighten up I time and I hit the bank and the cart went side ways . I tend to use manual mode for tight paths and close to water incase of accidents :D. I save the remote for the fairway a d sending it off from the green if it has a clear path.

I am not familiar with electric caddies and I was wondering if you have to hold the remote all the time and direct it while walking or does it have a follow feature?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I am not familiar with electric caddies and I was wondering if you have to hold the remote all the time and direct it while walking or does it have a follow feature?

It does not have the follow. You have to control it with the remote to direct it, you select the speed and send it off and you only then need fo touch the remote again to stop it or steer it.

It does not have the follow. You have to control it with the remote to direct it, you select the speed and send it off and you only then need fo touch the remote again to stop it or steer it.
Thank you, that is pretty cool then, my one concern was navigating it all day.

Gave this about ten or so minutes of driving out in the front of the house just as a test run. Attempted to video, but when you just see your clubs driving away from you the first couple times, it doesn’t video quite like how you’d think. Reminds me very much of watching your kid ride a bike for the first time: you just don’t want to see a loss of control and wiping out on the ground!

Initial thoughts: this thing is quiet. Think electric car like quiet. Granted, I was going on 2-3 on the speed setting, it didn’t make any sort of noise minus the sound of wheels on the ground. Nice.

The steering definitely takes some getting used to. You want soft, short presses on the buttons, not a long press. If you want it to do a quick 360, hold it down. There’s not a whole lot of need to do that though, so soft, short adjustments seem to work the best.

The wheels have two settings, as well as a space saving position for when you’re in travel with it. When they’re fully locked in, you’re fully committed to electric mode. If you’ve killed the battery and need to go manual mode, it’s a relatively simple wheel adjustment and then you can push it like a normal push cart.

Accessories package: Admittedly, I’m going to constructively nitpick here, because I can :)

It can indeed get a little busy with everything installed up there. The GPS/phone holder spot goes right top center, right over the handle. Great for a quick visual of your device, and the cradle pivots with ease. It does seem to get in the way of removing your clubs though, I do wonder if it would have made sense to install that under the handle instead where it would allow for free flow of removing clubs.

The scorecard holder is kinda just that. It does have a small drawer for the storage of tees and a couple balls, but it is not a storage device. I think a little dry box so to speak would have been absolutely awesome, and accomplished the same thing for keeping your card dry, and letting you store your stuff other than your bag. Since you have a built in USB plug under the handle, the storage spot coulda been cool for keeping the USB cable with the cart for when you need it. Nitpicky I know, but it’s just one of those things that would fine tune it to being even better.

Love the umbrella holder spot, and the fact you can adjust it as needed without worry about the entire thing coming loose and you have loss of stability for your umbrella. You may think, well why worry about that? Because an umbrella also works as shade, not just water resistance. Save yourself a bit of sun exposure just the same, and still get the exercise you want.

The LED screen is great for showing you battery life and speed, but it doesn’t turn off if you’re not using the cart. To my short experience knowledge, it doesn’t. You unplug the battery and that solves it, but I suppose there’s not much reason to keep it plugged in when you’re not about to use it since they tell you don’t transport it while plugged in.

Cannot WAIT to give this a go going into the holiday weekend, especially on a course with a brutal walk!

The M7 arrived today! Haven’t had a chance to open it yet but I will later today.

One video showed syncing the remote, is this a once thing or every time?
Just noticed this question now and I’ll get back to you after I fire it up and see for myself. I remember reading something about syncing but can’t remember the exact answer off the top of my head. (I think I know the answer now, but don’t want to guess and give the wrong info)

What type of bags are you guys using on these? Carry/Cart/Staff? Just wondering how the different bags might sit on it.
Also how adjustable are the straps to secure the bag?

What type of bags are you guys using on these? Carry/Cart/Staff? Just wondering how the different bags might sit on it.
I plan on putting all three types of bags on it this weekend. I will be working on a great write up for it then with pictures and thoughts from on the course.

I plan on putting all three types of bags on it this weekend. I will be working on a great write up for it then with pictures and thoughts from on the course.
Look forward to it. Thanks

Carry for me. While I love staff bags, they end up being rather heavy when you load up everything into them. If you've got a 40lb bag by the time you're done, and a 30lb cart, that's 70 lbs you might have to push if you forgot to charge it the night before...

It can take any bag, motocaddy bags come with the easilock system. The bottom of the bag has 2 pins which slot into the bottom of the cart so you do it need the bottom strap and it wont wist.

Back