Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Looks like replacement remote control is not cheap ...
https://www.sunrisegolfcarts.com/Motocaddy-p/mtc-s7rc.htm
Ouch. I did see the S7 remote on the UK Motocaddy site for £79.99 ($110) but that quoted link is the only place I've seen a spare M7 remote listed. Even though it's not listed on their website I'd contact US Motocaddy first but wow, best to not lose the remote!

Just checked MGI's site for grins and giggles and replacement remotes there are $180. Pricey devices all around.

Off topic while looking for remotes on the UK Motocaddy site I saw they have a new rangefinder listed 🤤

That makes me want to put a tracking system on mine. I keep it on the cart in the holder, but now I think I’ll keep it in the bag.

I'm still shopping, but I think I'd keep it in the "valuables" pocket of the golf bag.

Little concerned about all the tipping over stories. I’m in the market and play regularly with a friend that has a different brand. Never seen it tip or even come close to tipping over. I like some of the things about the Navigator, but tipping over is a deal breaker at that price.

Little concerned about all the tipping over stories. I’m in the market and play regularly with a friend that has a different brand. Never seen it tip or even come close to tipping over. I like some of the things about the Navigator, but tipping over is a deal breaker at that price.
To be fair, I had to try and tip mine over. I wanted to test the limits turning it on a relatively steep side slope. It is WAY more stable than my regular three wheel push cart.

To be fair, I had to try and tip mine over. I wanted to test the limits turning it on a relatively steep side slope. It is WAY more stable than my regular three wheel push cart.
It was mentioned by @JB as well. So another question is about the battery, is it proprietary or universal? Quite honestly 5 year pro rated is on the terrible side for lithium.

Can @Motocaddy confirm the M7 Remote does not have a gyroscope in it for sidehill tracking?

Here's a comment from one of the reviewers...

One minor gripe I have is I wish this had a gyroscope to help it hold its line going across slopes. We have a few holes with undulating fairways, and keeping the cart on line with the remote makes the going a little slower.

For me this is the M7's biggest design flaw because I would have expected this feature at this price point.
For hundreds of dollars less the MGI Navigator AT includes a gyroscope in the base price.

Here's a comment from one of the reviewers...

For me this is the M7's biggest design flaw because I would have expected this feature at this price point.
For hundreds of dollars less the MGI Navigator AT includes a gyroscope in the base price.
I was the poster of both the posts you quoted. The idea behind asking @Motocaddy for confirmation is if there is a gyroscope, I don't know how to use it, and I definitely wouldn't say it works that well.

Sounds like you guys need some Velcro for that remote on the unit haha. For the price you would think there would be a gyroscope of some sort in the unit. Would be nothing worse than seeing your cart tip over while driving up ahead. Can one of the testers get some video of driving on a side hill?

Sounds like you guys need some Velcro for that remote on the unit haha. For the price you would think there would be a gyroscope of some sort in the unit. Would be nothing worse than seeing your cart tip over while driving up ahead. Can one of the testers get some video of driving on a side hill?

The irony being that as @Canadan mentioned above, we had both MGI and Motocaddy side by side on the same hill, going hte same speed and only one of them tipped over. It was the MGI unit.

The irony being that as @Canadan mentioned above, we had both MGI and Motocaddy side by side on the same hill, going hte same speed and only one of them tipped over. It was the MGI unit.
It's not really about tipping over or not, as I managed to tip the M7 over on a very slick steep hill, but tracking in a straighish line on undulating fairways.

It's not really about tipping over or not, as I managed to tip the M7 over on a very slick steep hill, but tracking in a straighish line on undulating fairways.

True. Haven't seen that issue, but then again, I am using the M5 and not the remote.
I know there are users of carts viewing this as some sort of brand rival, which is odd, but I truly hope they get to test units side by side as we are.

True. Haven't seen that issue, but then again, I am using the M5 and not the remote.
I know there are users of carts viewing this as some sort of brand rival, which is odd, but I truly hope they get to test units side by side as we are.
It really is a nit-picky thing. For the price I paid, I have no complaints :LOL: but for anyone shelling out full retail, they might consider that to be an essential feature.

@JB Was that the standard MGI Navigator or the Navigator AT (All-Terrain)?

Feels like an easy enough request. Will be a bit today, but I’ll see if I can get something done

Probably wont be until next week, but I will definitely get a video on a side hill run.

I'll try and get it done today depending on what side I play. If not it will have to wait until next week (vacation this weekend).

I'll try and get it done today depending on what side I play. If not it will have to wait until next week (vacation this weekend).
Gonna have to wait until next week. I'm stuck at work late tonight.

Placed an M7 into the shopping cart at Budget Golf a few days ago. Now I’m getting the early-morning email reminders that it’s sitting there, waiting for me to pull the trigger. As if I needed any more temptation …

Placed an M7 into the shopping cart at Budget Golf a few days ago. Now I’m getting the early-morning email reminders that it’s sitting there, waiting for me to pull the trigger. As if I needed any more temptation …

It’s kind of funny, my buddy at Budget has every cart on the planet and chooses the M7 too. He loves that thing.

An odd statement as you clearly have a bias against MGI.

From everything I've read on this site, the Moto and MGI are so comparable as to be identical in actual function around the course and I'd be happy to have either. Some folks at the course asked me about my Zip the other day and I was sure to mention that Moto Caddy also makes a nice machine.

Now lets talk about tipping over. You have to be blind to the terrain in front of you to tip one. For God's sake people, is there a particularly nasty steep slope right in front of you? You might have to hold the handle through that spot but for 99% of the golf course, it will handle any of the terrain in front of it. I never tip my Zip.

Last edited:
An odd statement as you clearly have a bias against MGI.
Must have missed the latest laser from MGI that got rave reviews from THP. Yet yeah, we are biased against the brand. Not even close to reality. It’s okay to think both companies make solid devices which we have said repeatedly and favor one of the two when trying them side by side.

not even close to reality…but fairly expected at this point.

Another poster recently joked with you that reading your posts made him want to sell his Zip and get an M7. Why do you suppose he might have said that?

Back