Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Another poster recently joked with you that reading your posts made him want to sell his Zip and get an M7. Why do you suppose he might have said that?

Because it's the internet, where exaggeration can happen at any given moment.

Another poster recently joked with you that reading your posts made him want to sell his Zip and get an M7. Why do you suppose he might have said that?
I love that you throw brand bias out and then when pointed out how wrong it is you skip that part of the response. It’s par for the course from a select few that rather than see how wrong it is, just find it easier to accuse.

While we hope this place is the best for all, if someone finds the info such as the above is suggested, plenty of great forums out there. If this one doesn’t work or provide the info you are looking for, I’m sure others will.

on that note we will return this to the M7 and those looking for accurate information.

Must have missed the latest laser from MGI that got rave reviews from THP. Yet yeah, we are biased against the brand. Not even close to reality. It’s okay to think both companies make solid devices which we have said repeatedly and favor one of the two when trying them side by side.

So you have a bias against one of them. Cripes, what are you arguing about? It's fine if you prefer one but you do, as site owner and reviewer, contribute to the "brand rival" you seem to be shaking your head about.

So you have a bias against one of them. Cripes, what are you arguing about? It's fine if you prefer one but you do, as site owner and reviewer, contribute to the "brand rival" you seem to be shaking your head about.
Answering questions when someone has both carts and tests side by side does not indicate bias. Good lord…just stop

@ddec were you able to use yours in the tournament you had? Or was it riding only?

Dang … since my post this morning refreshed this thread …

As an English major, let me point out that “bias” includes a prejudice against something; “favor” is a preference toward something, usually when comparing one or more items.

I haven’t detected any “bias” in any THP reviews. Ever.

Reactions: JB
@ddec were you able to use yours in the tournament you had? Or was it riding only?

It was riding only. A course I haven't seen since I was in high school. One of the guys I was with said it would be a pain to walk even with a push carts, to which I replied, "not with mine"

I heard back from @Motocaddy about a replacement remote. I was asked for my address and a number to call for payment I informed the customer service rep that I had found mine, but I was curious what a new one would have run me. He told me he was only going to charge me for shipping and replace the remote under warranty. I told him that was very impressive customer service! 👍👍👍

Tee time tomorrow morning thanks to work being a bit more unforgiving as it should. Should be able to pop a video or two up of how she handles side slopes etc. I'll go at a couple speeds and all of that to give ya'll some idea.

That being said, having taken this on a sand path and it not tip over, just go into wheelie mode.. I'm not really worried about too much tipping over 🤷‍♂️

Tee time tomorrow morning thanks to work being a bit more unforgiving as it should. Should be able to pop a video or two up of how she handles side slopes etc. I'll go at a couple speeds and all of that to give ya'll some idea.

That being said, having taken this on a sand path and it not tip over, just go into wheelie mode.. I'm not really worried about too much tipping over 🤷‍♂️

Yea! U Da Man! Many thanks .., 👍

I mentioned yesterday in the Motocaddy bag thread I played 9 holes but rode in a cart rather than walking with the M7. This was the first time playing without the M7 since it arrived at my door. Of all the small things to miss I realized yesterday how much I use the device holder on the M7. Since I don't have a rangefinder or GPS watch I use iPhone apps while playing for yardage and keeping track of my shots. The device holder keeps my phone close without having to take my phone in/out of my pocket.

Yesterday reminded me why I first wanted a watch...the in/out of pocket thing bugs me. I kind of put my GPS watch search aside after I started using the M7 thanks to ease of use with phone in the device holder but now I want a watch again haha.

Probably 8 rounds in with mine and this thing is a delight. No worries about tipping over, easy to use, and I think it keeps its line very well even though I use a stand bag. The one tweak I make to get the bag to stay better is to use a Clicgear bag cozy, works very well.

Last edited:
Will post my videos when I get home, but after 11+ rounds on this thing, I finally did it. I found a way to get it to tip over.

Recipe: shortcut through mid calf grass. Wet ground. Holes. Speed on 7. Slow motion tip over, and me finally laughing at its demise. That wheelie bar saves so many spills, but it was no match for next level curiosity. To say this cart is difficult to have it tip over is a severe understatement.

Nice @MWard and love the umbrella.

First video! Little stroll down a right to left, downhill slope at speed 3

Second video: full send, similar slope

Couldn't tell but which bag do you have on it?

Thanks for sharing, @MWard :clapp:

Thanks Wardy! Basically this is exactly what I'm seeing, that the cart goes like a putt on a slope, breaking downhill. Not too big an issue, but definitely a differentiating factor vs other offerings.

Nice @MWard and love the umbrella.

Gotta rep the brand whenever possible haha

@MWard very nice! I tried the umbrella but it doesn’t sit up high enough for me.

It does sit a little low, but the shade is worth bumping my head on the back of it when getting out from under it from time to time

Couldn't tell but which bag do you have on it?

The Motocaddy Dry Series. Tons of room, clicks into the cart nicely

love it wardy.

Love the umbrella really adds a little something to it haha. Thanks for the videos @MWard I think if I ever wanted a motorized cart I'd want the M7 and the remote vs the other models

Thanks Wardy! Basically this is exactly what I'm seeing, that the cart goes like a putt on a slope, breaking downhill. Not too big an issue, but definitely a differentiating factor vs other offerings.

Best way to describe it, honestly. After my round, I sent the cart to my car and the darn thing was straight as an arrow. It may be picking up side slopes that I don't even notice since I'm not walking directly behind it sometimes, so I sense a little street testing to confirm its alignment before I go trying to fix something that may not even be broken.

Best way to describe it, honestly. After my round, I sent the cart to my car and the darn thing was straight as an arrow. It may be picking up side slopes that I don't even notice since I'm not walking directly behind it sometimes, so I sense a little street testing to confirm its alignment before I go trying to fix something that may not even be broken.
Yeah, I am confident that the cart picking up the slope is just part of the deal. I don't even remember where I read that the M7 *might* have a gyroscope to keep it straight, but your video and what I saw would seem to confirm that it definitely doesn't.

Yeah, I am confident that the cart picking up the slope is just part of the deal. I don't even remember where I read that the M7 *might* have a gyroscope to keep it straight, but your video and what I saw would seem to confirm that it definitely doesn't.

I don’t recall it being mentioned either. It’s not a huge deal, just something to keep in mind when on courses with more slope than others

Back