Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Based on everything I'm reading I'm not seeing many negatives here other than price. Is that accurate?
For me, absolutely. I would have NEVER bought one of these as it costs more than my yearly membership at my course. But to be honest, I REALLY love this thing. After having it, for me, it would be a big investment, but it is worth it!

Most of the people I have talked about the price with say that they don't think it's bad. Now, they could be playing nice because they think I purchased it at first, until I explain the testing that is taking place.

The negatives for me include wishing there was a place I could easily store things, like the net area on the clicgear that I was using prior. It's not a deal-breaker, but it would be nice.
This is one thing I keep thinking about each time I look at the Motocaddy carts. I use my little net area a lot on my current push cart for convenience.

I finally got out for a round with the M7 today. There's no doubt it's a significant investment and without the Budget Golf discount I probably would have put off the purchase until next year, but that $300 savings pushed me over the edge.

After 1 round with the M7 I'm hooked! It might be better than I expected. The freedom of dealing with a bag is great and my back is not barking at me at all. The remote felt pretty natural most of the time and I only hit the wrong button a couple of times.

The course I played is pretty flat with some elevation at the tee boxes and minimal slope to the fairways but I ran in up and down hills and hit some side angles that it handled well. I admittedly wasn't trying to turn it over so I avoided real hazards.

The only thing I need to get tuned in is the tracking. It veered right and then I over corrected and it pulls slightly left but that will be a minor adjustment.

My push cart broke this weekend. Really have no idea what happened to it but two of the bars that allow it to fold up and down snapped when I was undoing it on Sunday. So it's carrying the rest of the season for me. If it wasn't for my wedding in a couple weeks, I'd buy one right now. If I DID try to purchase it this close to the big day, well I doubt the forum would hear from me again :LOL:

But next year...Next year, it's on! Love this thread and appreciate all the information here!
I'd be MacGyvering that thing back together just to get through the rest of this season. After a season with M7 I don't want to go back to carrying, or pushing for that matter.

There must be a welder or two in Montana that does small quick jobs in exchange for a 6 pack.

I'd be MacGyvering that thing back together just to get through the rest of this season. After a season with M7 I don't want to go back to carrying, or pushing for that matter.

There must be a welder or two in Montana that does small quick jobs in exchange for a 6 pack.
Haha I’m sure someone could fix it. But the more I walk, the more tempted I’ll be to buy one of these. I’m working multiple angles here :D

I now have 3 rounds in with the M7. As someone who prefers to walk this is an amazing investment. Some of my playing partners decided to name it Kevin, I dont know why Kevin but once it was named it made it a lot more fun to yell at it when it does stupid stuff and pretend like it wasnt my fault.

I did manage to turn it over today. I grabbed my putter and sent it across the fairway toward the next tee box while I walked toward the green and didnt notice a low spot on the edge of the cart path, creating a curb like edge . The front wheels hit it and over it went. My first concern was cart path rash on my irons but luckily there was no damage to clubs, trolley or bag.

I also got caught in some rain without an umbrella so I will be looking to purchase an umbrella to fit the holder next.

The biggest benefit continues to be the relief to my back at the end of a round compared to carrying.

I now have 3 rounds in with the M7. As someone who prefers to walk this is an amazing investment. Some of my playing partners decided to name it Kevin, I dont know why Kevin but once it was named it made it a lot more fun to yell at it when it does stupid stuff and pretend like it wasnt my fault.

I did manage to turn it over today. I grabbed my putter and sent it across the fairway toward the next tee box while I walked toward the green and didnt notice a low spot on the edge of the cart path, creating a curb like edge . The front wheels hit it and over it went. My first concern was cart path rash on my irons but luckily there was no damage to clubs, trolley or bag.

I also got caught in some rain without an umbrella so I will be looking to purchase an umbrella to fit the holder next.

The biggest benefit continues to be the relief to my back at the end of a round compared to carrying.
This alone has to be worth the price.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this:

Hello- I could use the help of someone with technical knowledge of the Motocaddy M7 Trolley. I live in Arizona and have been talking to the wholesaler for the product.

I purchased this trolley because of the high ratings and glowing reviews. When I unboxed the trolley it went together easily and we took it out for it's 9 hole maiden round. Two holes into the round it stopped and no amount of coaxing could get it restarted.

We took the trolley home and followed the instructions for a full charge again, took it back out.... same result. Talked to the wholesaler for the trolley and they talked me through a few things and concluded it was a bad controller box. They shipped it and I replaced. When turning the trolley on, it goes in circles to the right, so I made all the adjustments it said in the manual. No joy. Took the rear wheels off and gave power to the trolley and noticed the left and right rear axels were turning in opposite directions. Is this normal? I contacted the wholesale again about this issue and have not received a response. After 45 days, and no rounds in yet, I am at wits end with this unit. Any suggestions or place I can go for customer support for a tested replacement unit?

Hello- I could use the help of someone with technical knowledge of the Motocaddy M7 Trolley. I live in Arizona and have been talking to the wholesaler for the product.

I purchased this trolley because of the high ratings and glowing reviews. When I unboxed the trolley it went together easily and we took it out for it's 9 hole maiden round. Two holes into the round it stopped and no amount of coaxing could get it restarted.

We took the trolley home and followed the instructions for a full charge again, took it back out.... same result. Talked to the wholesaler for the trolley and they talked me through a few things and concluded it was a bad controller box. They shipped it and I replaced. When turning the trolley on, it goes in circles to the right, so I made all the adjustments it said in the manual. No joy. Took the rear wheels off and gave power to the trolley and noticed the left and right rear axels were turning in opposite directions. Is this normal? I contacted the wholesale again about this issue and have not received a response. After 45 days, and no rounds in yet, I am at wits end with this unit. Any suggestions or place I can go for customer support for a tested replacement unit?
No clue on what’s going on, but I would reach out to Motocaddy directly from their website. Where are you located?

Boy….with the mid summer heat and humidity, I am really missing my remote cart (RIP) after 7 seasons of hard work. Pushing my Clicgear is just hard work. The M7 is a leading candidate but sadly probably be a couple of years before I can make it work probably end up being my retirement present to myself 🤪.

No clue on what’s going on, but I would reach out to Motocaddy directly from their website. Where are you located?
I am located in Arizona and contacted Motocaddy via the US website for customer service today. Will post when I receive a response.

I would reach out to customer support, maybe even video the issue? That way, they can see what the heck is going on there. That seems not so right, but I'm sure their customer service will make it right.

After seeing some RC carts in action this weekend I want one of these even more. Looked pretty awesome to use.

I finally got out for a round with the M7 today. There's no doubt it's a significant investment and without the Budget Golf discount I probably would have put off the purchase until next year, but that $300 savings pushed me over the edge.

After 1 round with the M7 I'm hooked! It might be better than I expected. The freedom of dealing with a bag is great and my back is not barking at me at all. The remote felt pretty natural most of the time and I only hit the wrong button a couple of times.

The course I played is pretty flat with some elevation at the tee boxes and minimal slope to the fairways but I ran in up and down hills and hit some side angles that it handled well. I admittedly wasn't trying to turn it over so I avoided real hazards.

The only thing I need to get tuned in is the tracking. It veered right and then I over corrected and it pulls slightly left but that will be a minor adjustment.
Can anyone who has the M7 confirm if this has gyro straight tracking like the MGI Zip Navigator? There is no adjustment I have ever had to do because the MGI tracks straight automatically.

After seeing some RC carts in action this weekend I want one of these even more. Looked pretty awesome to use.
I wish Mrs. Puttmaster would SHOCK ME on my birthday in a few weeks with one of these beauties. :love:

I wish Mrs. Puttmaster would SHOCK ME on my birthday in a few weeks with one of these beauties. :love:

My wife asked about one for my birthday just past. Should have said yes!

Can anyone who has the M7 confirm if this has gyro straight tracking like the MGI Zip Navigator? There is no adjustment I have ever had to do because the MGI tracks straight automatically.
The M7 does not have gyro straight tracking.

I have to keep in tracking straight when taking on some of the more extreme slopes at our club, but that isn't such a big deal.

can you get a mulligan?

I'm pretty sure the fancy gaming/office chair I'm sitting in as I type this says no. They are cool though. Watching the golfers just stroll along behind them was a little jealousy inducing, especially as I was riding on a CPO day (wasn't local).

Hi PT, sorry to hear this! Please call us at 800-668-2162. Also want to make sure you reached us in the USA and not our UK team, we are at sales@motocaddy.us. We will get you taken care of ASAP!

Last edited:
Anyone else feel the clip on the remote is flimsy? Just me? I was putting the remote on my belt yesterday and the clip snapped right off! Looks like another email to customer service is in order.

Back