Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

I have the Motocaddy M7 Remote but it’s never worked the same for 2 consecutive rounds! Currently the remote doesn’t steer the trolley in the direction the buttons suggest they should although the trolley steers perfectly well when you push it without using the remote….which is not the idea!

Has anyone else had these problems and if so how did you solve it?

Many thanks
Sounds like if the caddy is going the opposite way of the arrow you have the remote upside down.

Four THP members, myself included, will be receiving a Motocaddy M7 Remote Electric Caddy for review. This thread will serve as a place for us, and others to post thoughts, photos, and reviews. Please feel free to post any questions or general inquires you might have as we embark on this process.

index.php

Official Testers:
@ddec @MWard @billyh @rumstove

There are plenty of features baked into this electronic cart, below are some quick highlights. I am sure as this thread gets going, we will hit on all of these and more.

• Rechargeable remote control handset
  • Forward, left, right, and reverse controls
  • Pause & Resume, plus Emergency Stop
  • Automatic Downhill Control
  • Easy Manual Control Mode
  • Removeable read anti-tip wheel
  • 50m range cut out
  • Simple, Compact folding system
  • Next Generation, High Power 28.8V System
  • USB Charging Port
  • On-Board Charging
  • 9 speed settings with a speed indicator and battery meter
I’m just wondering if you ever found out if the 50m cut off worked as mind certainly goes over double that. I have tried it a few times and every time it goes well past the. 50m and I have to stop if using the remote. ?

I’m just wondering if you ever found out if the 50m cut off worked as mind certainly goes over double that. I have tried it a few times and every time it goes well past the. 50m and I have to stop if using the remote. ?
Although I haven't tested it. I think if it goes out of range, it should stop by itself.

Although I haven't tested it. I think if it goes out of range, it should stop by itself.
I asked motocaddy what the range is but no reply on that. They just said the same as the manual that it cuts out after 120 seconds. By that time mine would be in the bunker at 150m

I asked motocaddy what the range is but no reply on that. They just said the same as the manual that it cuts out after 120 seconds. By that time mine would be in the bunker at 150m
:welcome: By the way.

I’ve sent mine 250-260yds from me with full control of it, so it will for sure go if you send it. I haven’t ever tested what full cut off is, but if no one does in the next several days, I mean…. 😇

I’ve sent mine 250-260yds from me with full control of it, so it will for sure go if you send it. I haven’t ever tested what full cut off is, but if no one does in the next several days, I mean…. 😇
At least I know that I’m not the only one that has a machine that does not shut down at 50m away

At least I know that I’m not the only one that has a machine that does not shut down at 50m away

No sir! I send mine ahead of me quite a bit. Just a nice, easy stroll while it just plugs away!

It was said at the start of this thread that the machine should cut out at 50m distance? I’m not sure if you have experienced this or not but I know mine does not ?

It was said at the start of this thread that the machine should cut out at 50m distance? I’m not sure if you have experienced this or not but I know mine does not ?
I found this on their website, maybe it is an issue with the unit.

• 50m range cut-out
    Control the M7 REMOTE from distance with complete peace of mind
  • 120 second hibernation
    Stops the caddy if no buttons are pressed for 2 minutes

I found this on their website, maybe it is an issue with the unit.

• 50m range cut-out
    Control the M7 REMOTE from distance with complete peace of mind
  • 120 second hibernation
    Stops the caddy if no buttons are pressed for 2 minutes
The M7 REMOTE trolley is fitted with safety cut off features. Whilst operating the trolley via the remote control, if no command is sent to the trolley (any buttons pressed) for longer than 120 seconds, the trolley will stop. Whilst moving, if the trolley travels out of range of the remote control, the trolley will also cut power to the motors.
This is what I got from motocaddy but my question back to them was “what is the range of the remote”? Awaiting a reply from them

The M7 REMOTE trolley is fitted with safety cut off features. Whilst operating the trolley via the remote control, if no command is sent to the trolley (any buttons pressed) for longer than 120 seconds, the trolley will stop. Whilst moving, if the trolley travels out of range of the remote control, the trolley will also cut power to the motors.
This is what I got from motocaddy but my question back to them was “what is the range of the remote”? Awaiting a reply from them
I honestly dont have any electric carts that stop at 50. MGI, BatCaddy or Motocaddy I have sent well past that.

I honestly dont have any electric carts that stop at 50. MGI, BatCaddy or Motocaddy I have sent well past that.
Maybe I’m just used Stewart trolley as they certainly cut out at 50 yds but it’s no big deal just have to keep an eye on the trolley and keep my tongue quiet 🤫

Three of us in my foursome have MGI ZIP Navigators. Occasionally, while walking and talking you can forget which cart you are controlling. We have had one of us run his cart into a bunker and another totally lose it. We found it a mound and fairway over bumped into a tree. No worse for wear but embarrassing :).

Three of us in my foursome have MGI ZIP Navigators. Occasionally, while walking and talking you can forget which cart you are controlling. We have had one of us run his cart into a bunker and another totally lose it. We found it a mound and fairway over bumped into a tree. No worse for wear but embarrassing :).
Obviously no issues with another controller controlling your cart though?

We have had one of us run his cart into a bunker and another totally lose it. We found it a mound and fairway over bumped into a tree. No worse for wear but embarrassing :).
I am afraid this will be me But if I am the only one with one it shouldn't be a problem unless I lose track of it!

Wow, I didn’t see this for some reason. I haven’t had mine cut off from distance. The first time playing with it in the yard I sent it from one side to the other. We live on 5 acres and it didn’t stop itself so I stopped it before it ran into the ditch. The most I keep it in front of me is about 25 yards or so but I’ve also sent it 100 yards plus down the fairway with full control.

Gents, I recently sold a Motocaddy M5 GPS to a friend. I unpaired it from my phone, removed it from my account and did a factory reset. However, when he turned the trolley on it still said Welcome and my name. Any ideas? Motocaddy are looking into it but I would have assumed a Factory Reset would have wiped it clean. Thanks

I got shipping notification yesterday for my M7. so excited even though it is currently 28 degrees outside.

I got shipping notification yesterday for my M7. so excited even though it is currently 28 degrees outside.
didn't someone post that motocaddy was coming out with more accessories this year? As of now, I don't see it.

My M7 showed up today!!!
Now if it wasn't 34 degrees out would be nice.

I will def be getting the cupholder but need to find a way to mount a cooler.

My M7 showed up today!!!

Cant wait to hear your thoughts.

My M7 showed up today!!!

That would indeed be awesome. I would love to find a way to attach a cooler bag to the frame but all I can think of at the moment is just a soft cooler that hangs from the handles.

My M7 showed up today!!!

That would indeed be awesome. I would love to find a way to attach a cooler bag to the frame but all I can think of at the moment is just a soft cooler that hangs from the handles.

I made this awesome cooler holder last summer. It was a blast to be able to hand out icy cold sodas to my buds on a hot day after the turn! It also made the center of gravity low and the cart rides along more smoothly with no wheelie-ing. If I was cuter, I could put the cart girl out of business!

Well who knows why I do these things except that I miss my shops in the summer and I have fun fabricating inventions...I have dozens. Not sure I'll use this one all the time but on the really hot days I thought it might be nice to have a cooler for cold drinks. I got looking over my Zip and thinking about how I could secure a small soft sided one. It would have to ride in the center and between the wheels for balance, have easy access to its contents and most importantly, it had to quick clamp and quick release for set up. No nuts and bolts or tools required. I didn't take pictures during the fabrication because it was hot in the shop and I was in and out of welding gear and whatnot and I just didn't have the time to take them so these are mostly post production. It's only painted with primer and eventually I'll paint it semi gloss to match the Zip frame.

First step is a simple sheet metal box to hold the cooler. 7" x 11.5" is a fairly standard and common size so when the soft cooler wears out, it'll be easy to replace. The walls would be 4 inches tall.

Dy0ZVz4.jpg

7k2TiSq.jpg

sd6yTco.jpg

VAqBxGQ.jpg

ZyoKfJk.jpg

wavZVYU.jpg

Xj4zXBz.jpg

So yeah, lots of time, lots of experimenting but it really came out nice. It's perhaps even over built a bit but the cooler box rides very solidly and clamps in an instant. Just slide it over the seat bracket extension and clamp it down with the T handle. The one inch banding steel attaches to the clamping tube such that there's no sag in the box. It has an intentional slight lean forward to keep the box clear of the Zip housing so it doesn't rattle and to allow room for the bag to ride over the cooler. I make two inch thick ice blocks in my downstairs freezer from the plastic boxes wifey buys greens in....they're the same dimensions as the cooler floor so the ice lasts for many hours.

It's only in the 70s here today but I'll take it out for 18 and see how it goes.

The single I played with on Friday had the M7 and damn I left wanting to buy one. So slick and navigated the minor hills quite well.

Back