Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

View attachment 9110121
Had mine out for nine today on a course I’ve never taken it to. It’s turned a couple heads and performed extremely well. To add I can’t remember when the last time I charge the battery for the remote was.
Thanks for the mention of the remote. I was curious as to how long it would last.

@Motocaddy living up to that 5 star customer service! Nice to have my own and excited to get out there with it.
20220805_161312.jpg

Been using this for about two months now and figured it was time for a recap on my thoughts. I’ve had it out probably close to a dozen times, every time I’ve been out minus the one course that doesn’t let you bring your own (dumb) and the time I left the remote at home (I was dumb).

I can honestly say this is easily the most transformative piece of golf equipment I’ve ever gotten, clubs included, towards the enjoyment of the game. It makes walking so much more enjoyable, not having to lug or push the sticks. Personally it has made walking more attainable as I fight a foot issue that ebbs and flows.

Some of the big highlights for me, beyond the main function, is the attention to design detail. For example, the way the remote clip is oriented when you pull the remote off your belt, pocket etc. it is properly oriented to where left is left, no need to rotate it in your hand. Additionally, the locking bag is wonderful to prevent twisting, but the way the straps are extended with grabbing arms before the bands, even non-motocaddy bags do not rotate much. The bag design also beats the clubs into slots with the diamond design to minimize bag chatter. Just so many little details that show up after extended use.

The stability has been phenomenal, only tip so far for me was when I hooked the wheel around a fence post which is clearly user error. Others in this thread clearly attest to the stability.

If I had to identify areas of improvement it would predominantly be in the accessories. It would be nice to have a bag underneath the handle for easy access for quick storage, such as stuffing a headcover somewhere. I also wish there was an option for a holder for just balls and tees. The scorecard holder accessory includes both and is done well, but the table for the scorecard sticks up, making it a little hard to fit the motocaddy into the trunk of my mid-size sedan. Something with a lower profile would be nice.

The motocaddy is great and I couldn’t recommend it any stronger. Like I’ve told most people I talk to on course about it, I would easily buy one of these over a set of irons, even if your irons were ten years old. And I can’t wait to hear this crunching over crisp fall leaves as the weather turns later this year, and might just need to invest in the hot mitts and winter wheels to brave Ohio winter golf.

Been using this for about two months now and figured it was time for a recap on my thoughts. I’ve had it out probably close to a dozen times, every time I’ve been out minus the one course that doesn’t let you bring your own (dumb) and the time I left the remote at home (I was dumb).

I can honestly say this is easily the most transformative piece of golf equipment I’ve ever gotten, clubs included, towards the enjoyment of the game. It makes walking so much more enjoyable, not having to lug or push the sticks. Personally it has made walking more attainable as I fight a foot issue that ebbs and flows.

Some of the big highlights for me, beyond the main function, is the attention to design detail. For example, the way the remote clip is oriented when you pull the remote off your belt, pocket etc. it is properly oriented to where left is left, no need to rotate it in your hand. Additionally, the locking bag is wonderful to prevent twisting, but the way the straps are extended with grabbing arms before the bands, even non-motocaddy bags do not rotate much. The bag design also beats the clubs into slots with the diamond design to minimize bag chatter. Just so many little details that show up after extended use.

The stability has been phenomenal, only tip so far for me was when I hooked the wheel around a fence post which is clearly user error. Others in this thread clearly attest to the stability.

If I had to identify areas of improvement it would predominantly be in the accessories. It would be nice to have a bag underneath the handle for easy access for quick storage, such as stuffing a headcover somewhere. I also wish there was an option for a holder for just balls and tees. The scorecard holder accessory includes both and is done well, but the table for the scorecard sticks up, making it a little hard to fit the motocaddy into the trunk of my mid-size sedan. Something with a lower profile would be nice.

The motocaddy is great and I couldn’t recommend it any stronger. Like I’ve told most people I talk to on course about it, I would easily buy one of these over a set of irons, even if your irons were ten years old. And I can’t wait to hear this crunching over crisp fall leaves as the weather turns later this year, and might just need to invest in the hot mitts and winter wheels to brave Ohio winter golf.

and might just need to invest in the hot mitts and winter wheels to brave Ohio winter golf.

Or you could go MacGyver nuts like me!!!

ITiMLge.jpg

and might just need to invest in the hot mitts and winter wheels to brave Ohio winter golf.

Or you could go MacGyver nuts like me!!!

ITiMLge.jpg
We might need to talk …. That is awesome!

plus I have been scheming to think how to add accessories. Love the range finder holder

We might need to talk …. That is awesome!

plus I have been scheming to think how to add accessories. Love the range finder holder

I made a cooler holder too. I'm surprised that these companies don't think of these things. I only got to use the heater once and then we got snow but it was actually pretty sweet. It was a 40 degree day or so but walking along behind the heater made it feel like 70 and your hands stay fully warm the whole time.

.....yeah, it's a bit silly but us E carts guys have long gotten used to getting ribbed! Lol! We just appreciate other's envy~

Here's the cooler holder. It slips over the seat bar and clamps down with a T handle. Carries ice cold drinks and also helps with steadying the cart.

Xj4zXBz.jpg

Last edited:
I made a cooler holder too. I'm surprised that these companies don't think of these things. I only got to use the heater once and then we got snow but it was actually pretty sweet. It was a 40 degree day or so but walking along behind the heater made it feel like 70 and your hands stay fully warm the whole time.

.....yeah, it's a bit silly but us E carts guys have long gotten used to getting ribbed! Lol! We just appreciate other's envy~

Here's the cooler holder. It slips over the seat bar and clamps down with a T handle. Carries ice cold drinks and also helps with steadying the cart.

Xj4zXBz.jpg

Did you make that yourself? I may need to put in an order!

Did you make that yourself? I may need to put in an order!
@JonD I asked him that the other day.
I might have to drop my M7 off in the offseason for mods.

@NEhomer you could start a side business making mods to people's carts.
A golf version of Pimp my Cart!

Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk

I just roll my cart over the ball of those guys and proceed to do 360 deg donuts on top of it :ROFLMAO:

only if I know they will be cool with it

We had 3" of rain overnight and the MotorCaddy M7 made it's way around the wet course very well without leaving any muddy marks after it. My playing partners Clickgear left a few deep tracks on a few occasions.

My walking round this Friday was cancelled due to things outside my control. Still gonna get this unboxed and start driving it up and down the street to annoy my neighbors tonight or tomorrow.

The seat is a game changer on hot days!
I think I will be adding one for next year. That and a Cooler.

I have only charged my remote 1 time and it is still showing over 50% charge. Now last time out my cart all of a sudden took a like 45 degree turn on reasonably flat surface and I started to wonder if the Remote might be causing it.

I am Not saying it was the remote I was just a theory but I am charging it up now its only been used 2-3 times a week since may.

Just an update on that WD40 application to my wheels. They are continuing to work like new when they came out of the box. Haven't had a single catch since I did that. So axel maintenance every once in awhile will be on the list to keep this thing in tip top shape!

Just an update on that WD40 application to my wheels. They are continuing to work like new when they came out of the box. Haven't had a single catch since I did that. So axel maintenance every once in awhile will be on the list to keep this thing in tip top shape!
You are going to love this thing long term

You are going to love this thing long term
It's changed my golf game for the better. It's only up from here!

Has anyone here come up with a storage bag or pocket for their Motocaddy to carry water and/or snacks? I'm thinking something like the Clicgear cooler bag accessory:
Clicgear.JPG
Since I photograph pretty much every course I play, if I'm at a new track and I'm going to be using the M7 I'll need some way to transport my DSLR safely between shots.

Also, what's the general consensus on bag compatibility? I currently have a Vessel VLX stand bag - obviously a proper cart bag would be preferred I'm guessing?

Has anyone here come up with a storage bag or pocket for their Motocaddy to carry water and/or snacks? I'm thinking something like the Clicgear cooler bag accessory:
View attachment 9111576
Since I photograph pretty much every course I play, if I'm at a new track and I'm going to be using the M7 I'll need some way to transport my DSLR safely between shots.

Also, what's the general consensus on bag compatibility? I currently have a Vessel VLX stand bag - obviously a proper cart bag would be preferred I'm guessing?
I'm still scheming up ways to get a bag added. If I come up with something I'll let you know.

With the locking system and the way they design the 14 club slots, I would strongly recommend adding one of their bags if you are going to add a new bag to the collection. The locking system just as much for ease of use than for the twisting as it's nice to not have to bend down to affix the strap at the bottom of the motocaddy.

That said, after poor bag management on my part I had my Cobra standbag on the M7 last time out and it worked just fine. Minimal bag rotation due to the extend crab arms as I call them before the bungee starts. I wouldn't have any reservations using a stand bag, but do think going with a 14-way bag makes some sense to keep the clubs from chattering all day. They will some, sure, but I've noticed it more with the 5-way Cobra bag I had out last.

View attachment 9111576

I use my Ogio stand bag and it doesn’t move around at all. The arms and bungee system work very well!

View attachment 9111576

Have had no problem with my ping bag. I am intrigued by the storage bag or pocket. It looks like there is a specific attachment for the bag in the picture. That is the problem getting one on there where it will stay in the right place and not hinder folding up the cart. Please post how it goes.

View attachment 9111576

The factory bags have quite a bit of room for storage of snacks. The cooler pocket also works better than others I have used. Using the factory bag, I've not really had any need for use of an external bag like that.

I'm still scheming up ways to get a bag added. If I come up with something I'll let you know.

With the locking system and the way they design the 14 club slots, I would strongly recommend adding one of their bags if you are going to add a new bag to the collection. The locking system just as much for ease of use than for the twisting as it's nice to not have to bend down to affix the strap at the bottom of the motocaddy.

That said, after poor bag management on my part I had my Cobra standbag on the M7 last time out and it worked just fine. Minimal bag rotation due to the extend crab arms as I call them before the bungee starts. I wouldn't have any reservations using a stand bag, but do think going with a 14-way bag makes some sense to keep the clubs from chattering all day. They will some, sure, but I've noticed it more with the 5-way Cobra bag I had out last.
By poor bag management I assume you mean you forgot to move your clubs from your carry bag to your cart bag like I sometimes do? :LOL:

I've been looking a bit at the Motocaddy locking system, and may do some experimentation once I receive the cart. I could be wrong, but I suspect I can replicate the mounting pins on the bottom of the bag to fit into bottom bracket of the cart. I can definitely see some experimentation in my future.

Back