Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

So I always put my power carts in front of me (the side where the front of my body would be) as opposed to at my back or behind me, or of course between me and the target. That said, strange things happen - machines are gonna take over the world - haven't you seen all the movies! Anyway, my point was not so much your accident specifically, but since it happened to you it could (I presume) happen to anyone. And, if that's correct then some sort of safety feature would seem to complete the package. I agree that it's unlikely to be an issue but there are a lot of dopes out there (read Darwin winners).

That question has been brought up and feedback has been noted. At the moment, the red button on the remote is the emergency stop button so to speak. When you do hit it, it does go full stop really quickly. For it to have a true emergency uh oh stop for either hitting a person, object, or going into a bunker, it would need to have some sort of way to tell there’s been an impact or a major drop off. That’s a bit tricky to do? How’s the cart going to differentiate between a concrete curb and the low side of a bunker lip? A curb drop and it hits the brakes, you might slam into the handle if you’re not paying attention or you don’t think it’s going to stop because of that. Make sense?

Prefect sense, apologies if I'm coming across as argumentative, not my intent at all.

And I agree it's going to be very difficult to accomplish and quite possibly very pricey.

As a deaf guy, I guess was looking for a fail safe, one that others might never need. I'm remembering back to my Caddytrek days when the ¿[¡>¡ cart was behind me, beeping (me not hearing it) and having to retrieve it since it wasn't following.

Anyway, do keep testing and reporting, this is a great information packed thread.

Prefect sense, apologies if I'm coming across as argumentative, not my intent at all.

And I agree it's going to be very difficult to accomplish and quite possibly very pricey.

As a deaf guy, I guess was looking for a fail safe, one that others might never need. I'm remembering back to my Caddytrek days when the ¿[¡>¡ cart was behind me, beeping (me not hearing it) and having to retrieve it since it wasn't following.

Anyway, do keep testing and reporting, this is a great information packed thread.

Never took it as argumentative one bit friend, just figured you were asking a specific question and I just wasn’t answering detailed enough!

All I can think of that would be the best benefit would be always keep it in front of you, and then you don’t have that issue of it running you over. Also, be smarter than I am, so you never have to explain to anyone how you ran yourself over with an electric cart.

Is there anything you particularly would want to see tested that could/would help you out in any way? I don’t think any four of us would mind answering some things for you. That’s what testing is all about right?

Dedicated testing requires extreme dedication.
Having used various electric carts for years, I have experienced a lot of “dumba** operator” incidents. Three of us in my regular foursome Have BagBoy or MGI Navigators. Sometimes when the three of us are walking to our shots, I was looking at my partner’s cart only to later see my cart trundling off in the wrong direction. We kid about doing maneuvers similar to Blue Angels. Another dumb move can be sending the cart too far ahead of you. Have had some splash downs hitting mud hole or depression I could not easily see from a distance. The worst was moving it to a par three tee box and the red button decided to malfunction when I tried to stop. Went right into the deepest part of the Par 3 lake.

So these things aren't as rare as I thought!. Must go to workshop and mad scientist a sh!tload of sensors to stop these crazy things!!:D

1622585842812.gif

Picture time! Some of you have asked if a staff bag would fit. So I drug out the old Cure bag that I use to hold old clubs and tried it out. There were 40 irons of various types in it plus about 60 balls that my boys like so needles to say, it wasn’t light. The bag fit with zero issues and was able to access all the pockets including the front with no issues and I could actually use this bag full time with this cart with no hesitation.
As far as performance with 60+ pounds I was impressed. There was no performance loss in a straight line, but it did seem to be a little sluggish turning. Backing up and stopping caused a pretty cool wheelie and would have caused it to tip over with out the “wheelie bar” but again, how many people are going to have that many clubs in a bag.
The only real complaint I’ve heard about it yet was from my boys. They wanted one that their bags would fit on.
I did take it out for 9 yesterday, but I’m going to hold off on those comments until I get at least another round in with it.
142B01EF-344D-4C57-846D-A18E554D9FC6.jpeg2BB56FD9-462F-404B-B96E-66F1AA4A3F58.jpeg142B01EF-344D-4C57-846D-A18E554D9FC6.jpeg2BB56FD9-462F-404B-B96E-66F1AA4A3F58.jpegA0FBCD25-46E4-4B6D-B436-1F81C37D40C7.jpeg07746D8A-AB22-469F-96D2-DDF01B134A70.jpeg

Attachments

• 42087B94-D3DE-4877-B678-EF90231BD08B.jpeg
    42087B94-D3DE-4877-B678-EF90231BD08B.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 877B1663-0EE1-4059-B239-E2E901A68823.jpeg
    877B1663-0EE1-4059-B239-E2E901A68823.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 7
I'd bet that bag wouldn't tip over! 40 clubs?

So have any of you put a person on the cart and paraded around the neighborhood yet?

So have any of you put a person on the cart and paraded around the neighborhood yet?

As fun as it would be to tie my daughter to this thing and wheel her around, I would never. My clubs will do the job just as easily :)

I hate to admit it, I put my youngest on the caddy trek. Suffice it to say, she screamed a lot, then I got yelled at a lot. And later Julia asked me to do it again followed my my wife's eye rolls, and Helen not being happy that she was too old/big.

Another day in paradise!

I need to travel back in time to post 57 because sometimes in all the excitement things are missed and forgotten about. When I first saw the scorecard holder I was disappointed. On the website it looked like it could be used as storage. Holding it in person I saw a flat surface to write on, some holes for golf balls on the bottom, but no box to store stuff in. The shape of it kinda bugged me...why so thick for just that? Everything else with the M7 is so well designed with a specific purpose so what's the purpose of that?

After a discussion today I decided to take another look at it. I looked at the assembly instructions that came with it and nothing stood out. Went to the Motocaddy website and didn't see any photos showing anything, but at the bottom I saw it mention "convenient storage drawer." Oh no, what did I miss? I've never had a cart with a scorecard holder like this before so I took a closer look at it. Nah, the writing surface can't be removed. Hmmm ah wait what's this line here on the side...this plastic is two pieces. Wait what happens if I pull right here...

storage drawer.JPG

Here's how to properly use the two golf ball slots, with space for a few other small items. I already jammed the door by stuffing too many tees in there, so don't do that. But the scorecard holder makes a whole lot more sense to me now. Just took a few days haha. Ugh. It's one of those "I can *insert impressive accomplishment here* but then I get outsmarted by a piece of plastic?"

So yes, that happened. I suppose it could be worse.

I need to travel back in time to post 57 because sometimes in all the excitement things are missed and forgotten about. When I first saw the scorecard holder I was disappointed. On the website it looked like it could be used as storage. Holding it in person I saw a flat surface to write on, some holes for golf balls on the bottom, but no box to store stuff in. The shape of it kinda bugged me...why so thick for just that? Everything else with the M7 is so well designed with a specific purpose so what's the purpose of that?

After a discussion today I decided to take another look at it. I looked at the assembly instructions that came with it and nothing stood out. Went to the Motocaddy website and didn't see any photos showing anything, but at the bottom I saw it mention "convenient storage drawer." Oh no, what did I miss? I've never had a cart with a scorecard holder like this before so I took a closer look at it. Nah, the writing surface can't be removed. Hmmm ah wait what's this line here on the side...this plastic is two pieces. Wait what happens if I pull right here...

View attachment 9010641

Here's how to properly use the two golf ball slots, with space for a few other small items. I already jammed the door by stuffing too many tees in there, so don't do that. But the scorecard holder makes a whole lot more sense to me now. Just took a few days haha. Ugh. It's one of those "I can *insert impressive accomplishment here* but then I get outsmarted by a piece of plastic?"

So yes, that happened. I suppose it could be worse.

Makes you feel any better, I just noticed the notch for holding a pencil 🤦🏻‍♂️

Great stuff! These things are still new y'all are learning and teaching us.

Getting my battery all charged up for another round tomorrow. I'm a fan of the remote, but I might give manual mode a shot for a hole or two.

Getting my battery all charged up for another round tomorrow. I'm a fan of the remote, but I might give manual mode a shot for a hole or two.

I was thinking the same. I like send it mode a lot, but for the shade I want/need, manual mode I think is the way to go. Put it on 4/5, and just pay attention to where I’m walking like I would with my manual cart.

Great stuff! These things are still new y'all are learning and teaching us.
And they are killing it!! I enjoy popping in to this thread and I don’t even have one lol

I have enjoyed this thread and am currently using the M5. I love the M5 and having the GPS built right in is fantastic. I miss the remote, but outside of that, it does everything I want.

While the M7 doesn't have the built in GPS of the M5 that @JB mentioned above I think the magic is in the remote. The ability to send it on without you near it is great. I made a silly-looking drawing of one of the time saving situations I found myself in that you don't realize until you're using a cart with a remote.

My ball is on the back part of the green. Blue X is the next tee. Red dots are me walking and yellow dots are the M7. Before the bunker I'm able to grab my putter and send the M7 down the cart path to the next tee while I walk to the green (overhead photo makes it look weird...the cart path doesn't seem that close to the water in real life). After my putts (yes, putts as in plural) I'm able to walk straight to the next tee where my clubs are waiting for me. Small things like this are where I'm finding the usefulness of having a remote.

Without the M7 I usually pushed my clubs past the bunker, then walked up the side of the green (where the red dots show me leaving the green), make putts, then back down, get clubs and go to next tee. Again, small things, but I feel the M7 makes things easier and faster in situations like this one.

Screenshot 2021-06-07 11.12.53 AM.png

While the M7 doesn't have the built in GPS of the M5 that @JB mentioned above I think the magic is in the remote. The ability to send it on without you near it is great. I made a silly-looking drawing of one of the time saving situations I found myself in that you don't realize until you're using a cart with a remote.

My ball is on the back part of the green. Blue X is the next tee. Red dots are me walking and yellow dots are the M7. Before the bunker I'm able to grab my putter and send the M7 down the cart path to the next tee while I walk to the green (overhead photo makes it look weird...the cart path doesn't seem that close to the water in real life). After my putts (yes, putts as in plural) I'm able to walk straight to the next tee where my clubs are waiting for me. Small things like this are where I'm finding the usefulness of having a remote.

Without the M7 I usually pushed my clubs past the bunker, then walked up the side of the green (where the red dots show me leaving the green), make putts, then back down, get clubs and go to next tee. Again, small things, but I feel the M7 makes things easier and faster in situations like this one.

View attachment 9011808
Does it go by itself to the next tee or are you steering it to the next tee?

View attachment 9011808

I would constantly fear the thing would left turn into the water.

View attachment 9011808

I love it. On the holes where I can do that, I do. It's just fun getting to the ball or the tee and having your stuff there waiting for you. I'd much rather have the remote than the GPS built-in, for this reason alone.

View attachment 9011808
Brave move with the water. I’d be creeping it at snail speed 💦

Does it go by itself to the next tee or are you steering it to the next tee?
I'm controlling it with the remote the entire time to steer it. In this situation it's on a cart path so it's pretty smooth pavement and corrections are minimal.
I would constantly fear the thing would left turn into the water.
At first I was too. One or two nights playing with it in your backyard or a park you get the hang of the remote really quick. I definitely keep my eyes on it the whole time it's moving and when it's near the water like this I'm in a slow speed (2 or 3). In this situation it's on the pavement of the cart path so chances of hitting a bump hard enough to send it left into the water...I suppose it could happen but I don't worry about that. I worry more about me hitting the left button on the remote haha. The most important button on the remote is the big red Stop button in the center and when you press it the M7 does stop on a dime.

Back