Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Newbie here. Just purchased an M7 and love it with the exception of problems with my wheels. I’m having a very hard time getting them on and off. Sometimes it’s very very hard.

Also, I’ve found that the cart just stops on its own sometimes which can be irritating. Other than these issues I’m loving it. Any advice appreciated!

Newbie here. Just purchased an M7 and love it with the exception of problems with my wheels. I’m having a very hard time getting them on and off. Sometimes it’s very very hard.

Also, I’ve found that the cart just stops on its own sometimes which can be irritating. Other than these issues I’m loving it. Any advice appreciated!
M7 users, lets get this THPer some help

For me it seems to happen when I start the cart using the handle, then let it go and steer with the remote. It will stop abruptly. What seems to work for me is to change the speed with the remote and steer it a few times and then it goes and goes.
This appears to be the solution to the stopping issue. I haven't personally had a chance to test this though.
I haven't experienced the issue with the wheels so hopefully someone will chime in with some help on that.

Welcome to THP:thp:

This appears to be the solution to the stopping issue. I haven't personally had a chance to test this though.
I haven't experienced the issue with the wheels so hopefully someone will chime in with some help on that.

Welcome to THP:thp:

The wheels are a bit of a pain, but I also kinda went with the set it and forget it method. I don’t want to mess with them more than a handful of times ever. Probably would fit better in my trunk if I flipped them, but I’d rather not have to mess with that.

As far as the random stopping, the above method did indeed work and I had zero pauses last round out. If you start with the manual button, keep using that until you stop it again, and vise versa.

The wheels are a bit of a pain, but I also kinda went with the set it and forget it method. I don’t want to mess with them more than a handful of times ever. Probably would fit better in my trunk if I flipped them, but I’d rather not have to mess with that.

As far as the random stopping, the above method did indeed work and I had zero pauses last round out. If you start with the manual button, keep using that until you stop it again, and vise versa.

thanks all. I have come across a Motocaddy technical video that explains how to regrease the wheel clutches so will do that and report back. Kind of irritating that I have to do that with abrand new product though.

Regarding the random stopping one of my friends thought it might have something to do with pressing buttons a certain way which would purposely cause the cart to stop after say 10 feet. Maybe if we are pressing the “faster” button too quickly it means stop after 10 feet but just hypothesizing.

thanks all. I have come across a Motocaddy technical video that explains how to regrease the wheel clutches so will do that and report back. Kind of irritating that I have to do that with abrand new product though.

Regarding the random stopping one of my friends thought it might have something to do with pressing buttons a certain way which would purposely cause the cart to stop after say 10 feet. Maybe if we are pressing the “faster” button too quickly it means stop after 10 feet but just hypothesizing.

There is that too, it’s not hard to accidentally brush the button by mistake

There is that too, it’s not hard to accidentally brush the button by mistake

Just applied some silicon spray to help clean up the axels and some grease along the axels and inside the hub and it seems to have freed up at least to an acceptable level.

does this model have the ability to go 10 feet and stop or 20 feet and stop. If so maybe I am inadvertently pressing combinations on the remote that make this happen.

Just applied some silicon spray to help clean up the axels and some grease along the axels and inside the hub and it seems to have freed up at least to an acceptable level.

does this model have the ability to go 10 feet and stop or 20 feet and stop. If so maybe I am inadvertently pressing combinations on the remote that make this happen.

It does not, no. There was a hypothesis that if you start with the manual mode, then transition to remote, that it will stop itself after 10-20ft. I didn’t have any issue when I used solely one, stopped it, then the other.

Kinda like you wouldnt kick on 4WD while moving from 2WD?

It does not, no. There was a hypothesis that if you start with the manual mode, then transition to remote, that it will stop itself after 10-20ft. I didn’t have any issue when I used solely one, stopped it, then the other.

Kinda like you wouldnt kick on 4WD while moving from 2WD?

While learning I’ve found myself going back and forth a lot. I’m sure I am just triggering something doing that. I seem to like manual when first departing a green and then I switch quickly to remote.

While learning I’ve found myself going back and forth a lot. I’m sure I am just triggering something doing that. I seem to like manual when first departing a green and then I switch quickly to remote.

Yep, that's usually what I do and that's usually what makes the damn thing turn off. Next round out, try and not touch the remote until you've stopped it from manual mode. Easier said than done sometimes!

Yep, that's usually what I do and that's usually what makes the damn thing turn off. Next round out, try and not touch the remote until you've stopped it from manual mode. Easier said than done sometimes!
Good suggestion, I will try it!

After spending the better part of last evening going through all the reviews. I ordered a M7:D Thanks to all for your reviews. I have been leaning towards purchasing one for some time. While we have only two hills at my club in Minn. The courses that I play in Hot Springs Village in the winter are quite hilly. And the course I really like, has long hilly walks between holes. So I'm hoping I will be able walk this course more often. Especially the last 4 holes, as they are all up hill.

For the reviewers, the courses I play have a lot of blind shots. Do you point the Motocaddy in the exact direction of your shot to help finding your ball?

The final tipping point for my purchase was the Budget Golf THANKSTHP coupon. A $374.00 savings from them and an additional $27.00 savings in TAX. Thanks @JB and Budget Golf ⛳

Anyone try these? Looks interesting for cold days
1637870374304.png

Just plugs in the USB Port and heats up:D

Last edited:
The guy who made the remote clips made some more for me. I have 3 extras that I will send to THP Albatross Club members in the lower 48. These are not for sale, just thought I'd offer them to the first 3 people to respond. Happy Thanksgiving!
20211109_195651.jpg20211109_195513.jpg

After spending the better part of last evening going through all the reviews. I ordered a M7:D Thanks to all for your reviews. I have been leaning towards purchasing one for some time. While we have only two hills at my club in Minn. The courses that I play in Hot Springs Village in the winter are quite hilly. And the course I really like, has long hilly walks between holes. So I'm hoping I will be able walk this course more often. Especially the last 4 holes, as they are all up hill.

For the reviewers, the courses I play have a lot of blind shots. Do you point the Motocaddy in the exact direction of your shot to help finding your ball?

The final tipping point for my purchase was the Budget Golf THANKSTHP coupon. A $374.00 savings from them and an additional $27.00 savings in TAX. Thanks @JB and Budget Golf ⛳

That is a savings, wow.

You could do it that way? You could park it where you want to hit it to, then move it out of the way per the rules. I like to if I’ve lost a ball in the rough, search for the ball and then bring the cart over to me. That’s been super helpful numerous times

Anyone try these? Looks interesting for cold days
View attachment 9047601

Just plugs in the USB Port and heats up:D

That's pretty cool if you have like an M5, one you hold onto. I just have a large set of golf mitts that have an OEM name on them. Throw in the USB heater into the mitts and they stay warm for an entire round although I am usually out of the mitts after 3-4 holes unless the wind chill is crazy. Congrats on the purchase of the M7, you'll luv it.

Am I the only one that uses the score card? I’ll take one with me and clip it on from time to time.

@Markus Orealius I take my wheels of all the time. Make sure you are pressing the button fully and turn them as needed to get them to seat all the way.

Am I the only one that uses the score card? I’ll take one with me and clip it on from time to time.

@Markus Orealius I take my wheels of all the time. Make sure you are pressing the button fully and turn them as needed to get them to seat all the way.
I do press the button but it would still stick to the point I almost couldn’t get it off. Fixed with silicone and grease I think!

The guy who made the remote clips made some more for me. I have 3 extras that I will send to THP Albatross Club members in the lower 48. These are not for sale, just thought I'd offer them to the first 3 people to respond. Happy Thanksgiving!
View attachment 9047627View attachment 9047626
The 3 clips are spoken for. If someone needs one, he might be willing to make more.

View attachment 9047627View attachment 9047626
This is an elegant solution. Mine was to wrap the little holder with electrical tape to the point it is fat enough to provide enough tension to the clip. Works great.

Back